• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Colonial Marines |OT| Game Over Man, GAME OVER!

Akira_83

Banned
meh, never wanted a game based off one of the worst movies in the whole series anyways

Alien>Prometheus>Alien 3>Aliens>Alien Resurrection

Give me a good survival horror game based on the original Alien, and im all set.

strafer

Van Damme is the best predator.

2ja0nRx.jpg

dmr87

People said it was up on Steam? I can only pre-load and I don't have a countdown to unlock, only says I own the game. Seems like things have gone to shit.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
meh, never wanted a game based off one of the worst movies in the whole series anyways

Give me a good survival horror game based on the original Alien, and im all set.

Wrong,
Alien/Aliens>>>>everything else in the franchise.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm very interested in seeing a post mortem on this game. It sounded like they were sitting on a disaster they couldn't fix or sweep under the rug.

alphaNoid

Banned
Is it weird that I still want to buy this just so I can laugh at how bad it is?

I pre-ordered this for $35, and have decided not to cancel for this reason. Also considering its my favorite universe ever, I just have to own it.. regardless. The good thing now is, if the game is shit, I can hopefully find a collectors edition Loader figure on eBay for cheap.

TentPole

Holy shit, I never thought there was anyone else out there who saw the series the same as I did.

Samus4145

Ugh, must keep up some form of hope. PC version can't have most of these technical issues, will still find some sense of enjoyment and atmosphere out of it *cries self to sleep*

It doesn't. I've haven't noticed any framerate issues with max settings during gameplay, only during the "cinematic" cutscenes, while vsync gets rid of any tearing that occurs.

I didn't experience any glitching Xeno's either besides facehuggers that I imagine were supposed to burst out of the egg, but instead are glitched through the floor with their tails clipping through.

There hasn't been a single person online (matchmaking only, no server browser) so I would be wary about any PC reviews that come out before or at the embargo.

Sojgat

Playing co-op, and the range on the Halo style teleporting is really weird at times (video static effect is a nice touch though). I was in a long, straight section with everyone in my sights about 5 meters directly in front of me, and the game teleports me right up to them. What?

Prometheus and Awesome does not go in the same sentence,
Prometheus and wasted potenial/raping the francise do!
here here,
Prometheus was a huge let down... Though i expected to be let down considering it was written by the same dude (who's name i refuse to learn) who wrote Lost.

Akira_83

Banned
Wrong,
Alien/Aliens>>>>everything else in the franchise.

nope

The marines are the worst thing to be added to the Alien franchise IMO

Aliens wasnt a bad movie, it was actually really good... it was just a bad Alien movie in all honesty. Never once during the entire duration of "Alien" did i ever think "man i would love more shooting and more action. It was the unnerving pace and intensity that makes Alien one of the best sci fi movies ive ever seen

jufonuk

not tag worthy
who the fuck am I kidding I know I will buy this, no matter fucking what and delude myself into thinking it is good somehow, THAT is how this game will make money, idiots like myself... for shame!! on me :(

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
who the fuck am I kidding I know I will buy this, no matter fucking what and delude myself into thinking it is good somehow, THAT is how this game will make money, idiots like myself... for shame!! on me :(

Hey. Don't blame yourself. It's an aliens games. We're drawn to them like moths to a flame. We can't help ourselves.

Xater

Hey. Don't blame yourself. It's an aliens games. We're drawn to them like moths to a flame. We can't help ourselves.

You guys are the worst kind of fans. The ones that can't stop buying into shit no matter how bad it is. Just as those lost souls still buying Silent Hill games.

EGM1966

Fuck fuckitty fuck. Back to Monolith AvP2 marine campaign I guess. How hard is it to just deliver a tense, you are vulnerable bughunt a'la Aliens? I mean I'd prefer a much leaner, meaner survival horror in vibe of Alien but I'd settle for something Aliens orientated which is practically a game in set-piece construction anyway.

Starting to think the damn franchise is jinxed whether games or films. Can nobody recapture the magic of Alien? Mind you even Ridley couldn't so maybe the thing should just be left alone.

Plasma

Banned
Sounds like the Australian and New Zealand versions of the game hit Steam but Gearbox forgot to include the .exe, oops.

Mlatador

Banned

I don't think that will solve the problem.

Why don't you buy Alien vs Predator 2 and play the marine campain (first) or just get AVP 2010 (apparantly not that great, but better than A:CM)

And if you want to have some good multiplayer action, I can recommend AJL MOD R3 (that's the newest build) for AvP2. There are very few servers who host it, but it's IMHO the best Alien/Predator/Marine multiplayer out there (shame, almost no one knows it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtVAUEZsU3g (Alien/Marine)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuiL0GsRe4M&list=UUrhZ5itlr3TyXUy4yXm70ug (bonus for Predator fans)

Sorry for offtopic ^^ (AvP2 has been mentioned many times in this thread)

Wolfie5

Damn! I was really hoping for this game to be good. Never expected this game to be so broken. To think that this game has been delayed before as well... what did they fix?

I was even thinking about buying this with a Wii U as well for that extra immersion. Dissapointed :(

aegies

It doesn't. I've haven't noticed any framerate issues with max settings during gameplay, only during the "cinematic" cutscenes, while vsync gets rid of any tearing that occurs.

I didn't experience any glitching Xeno's either besides facehuggers that I imagine were supposed to burst out of the egg, but instead are glitched through the floor with their tails clipping through.

There hasn't been a single person online (matchmaking only, no server browser) so I would be wary about any PC reviews that come out before or at the embargo.

Sega organized competitive multiplayer sessions. Press have means to organize cooperative sessions themselves. I played through the entire campaign in co-op.

derExperte

He's dead :(

I think you're confusing him with the Predator dude. Not much info out there but Bolaji Badejo seems to be alive. At least I couldn't find anything that confirms his death. Kevin Peter Hall on the other hand died in 1991 (AIDS after blood transfusion).

AHA-Lambda

You guys are the worst kind of fans. The ones that can't stop buying into shit no matter how bad it is. Just as those lost souls still buying Silent Hill games.

This. If you were a real fan you'd have higher standards and call it out on the hot garbage it is and make a point of not buying it.

This of course goes for any franchise not just Aliens.

MYE

Shattered Memories is up there with the best of the series in my opinion so...

Or... they use the funds from all their contract gigs and funnel it to their own personal projects and they let anything not called Borderlands die on the vine.

Huh... wonder.

You mean like Silicon Knights? Dyack's future is looking brighter, maybe he and Pitchford can finally make Eternal Darkness 2 a reality.

Yup. I am drawing the line here. I gladly played the most recent AvP. It wasn't terrible even if it wasn't great. But yeah, this shit looks like an insult to those of us who love this franchise. Dark Horse went back and rewrote their comics when Alien 3 established that Hicks was dead.

Fuck this shit.

Order has already shipped, so too late to cancel now. Is the co-op at least fun? I'll bite the bullet and keep it if it's fun, but I got suckered into 2010's AvP which was awful. I don't want a repeat of that.

Top Bottom