• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All American K-Pop group EXP EDITION to make its debut soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

All American K-Pop group EXP EDITION is coming soon with ''Feel Like This''!

The American members from New York recently moved to South Korea to officially kick off their K-Pop careers. After long preparation and hard work, EXP EDITION unveiled the teaser for their new release ''Feel Like This'' on April 13. You can find more details about EXP EDITION in the clip below.

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017...d-with-excitement-in-feel-like-this-mv-teaser

Here is the first Teaser for their upcoming song "Feel Like This": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YNe-tporwk

The Band also released a Trailer about themselves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVLUEHqmchw

Tagyhag

At first I thought "Oh that's interesting, American Koreans doing K-Pop in the US"

Then "Oh, they're moving TO Korea, Ok, that makes sense, that's where the industry"

And sadly "Oh, some of them aren't even Korean..."

While I wish them nothing but success, especially if they can help break some barriers, people in SK can be racist assholes, and I say that as someone who's half Korean.

Miker

At first I thought "Oh that's interesting, American Koreans doing K-Pop in the US"

Then "Oh, they're moving TO Korea, Ok, that makes sense, that's where the industry"

And sadly "Oh, some of them aren't even Korean..."

While I wish them nothing but success, especially if they can help break some barriers, people in SK can be racist assholes, and I say that as someone who's half Korean.

Yeah, the like/dislike ratio and comments section is something else. Not a good look for the kpop community imo, but none of the responses are surprising in the least.

Wheatly

Yeah, the like/dislike ratio and comments section is something else. Not a good look for the kpop community imo, but none of the responses are surprising in the least.

mmm, I gave it a thumbs down because of his cringe this is

Before people get all confused: "K-pop" is a bit of a misleading term. It doesn't have to mean pop that's made in Korea by Koreans. If a group is mainly aimed at the Korean market and participates in all the Korean pop shows and events, etc, it should probably be considered as a part of K-pop. K-pop is just an industry, like any industry.

Before people get all confused: "K-pop" is a bit of a misleading term. It doesn't have to mean pop that's made in Korea by Koreans. If a group is mainly aimed at the Korean market and participates in all the Korean pop shows and events, etc, it should probably be considered as a part of K-pop. K-pop is just an industry, like any industry.

Thanks for this information good sir.

ThornDust

Neo Member

I beg to differ. K-pop means Korean pop. It's a musical genre that originated in South Korea and they're actually targeting global audience right now and not specifically the Korean market.

There are plenty of Americans in Kpop anyways, and current Kpop has pretty steep roots in the late 90's/early 2000's pop boom, so this isn't exactly a big shock or anything. The teaser sounds like generic fair, we'll see how it goes.

Assumed the guys were at least of Korean descent like everyone else in this thread. I don't listen to the stuff, but my siblings do, and they're pretty put off by it.

Uhyve

I beg to differ. K-pop means Korean pop. It's a musical genre that originated in South Korea and they're actually targeting global audience right now and not specifically the Korean market.
I mean, alot of K-pop isn't pop, so I suppose it makes sense that some of K-pop can be not Korean.

Seems like a good idea to use kpop to describe the industry since it doesn't really seem like it's a genre.

That said, this is gonna flop, and I love me some tacky EDM-y pop music.

MUnited83

For you.

Honestly, any genre definition that relies on the country of the producers is completely and utterly useless.

I just watched a little of that trailer about themselves and they look kinda douchey.

Oh god that music video, five, maybe 10 seconds in, I wasn't counting and I had to stop it.

lol at the down votes, yeah if this isn't satire it's not going anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom