• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All GTA V leaked screens and video go here, and only here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Damn.

2013-09-1212_12_30-gtxss3n.png

Hip Hop

Little disappointing when I saw it too, but my guess is that it is accumulative for gameplay reasons. So keep hitting that wall and eventually it will look how it should :p

People have speculated that it might be because it's one of the specializations for a character or the vehicle was customized. Kind of hard to believe though as there are two instances where the car did not get a substantial amount of damage.

Tankshell

Jobbs

Banned
this game looks really solid, and I was not a big fan of GTA4.

what are you guys going to do first once you start playing?

woen

I didn't resist. I watched all the little vids.

It reminds me the days before Red Dead Redemption's release back in 2010.

The way the characters walk and run is weird. As well as driving. I need to play by myself now !

Orbis

Looks like they removed the flying through the window when crashing thing
That may still be in; it didn't always happen in GTA IV. But this and at least one other video confirms that vehicle damage has been radically reduced. You'd expect to see the front of the car seriously twisted and dented in GTA IV, but it seems the damage in such a crash is now mostly minor and cosmetic, at least at the early stages of the damage process; perhaps if you repeatedly do this, the damage will get much worse. I can only imagine this will be in case you have a head on collision well outside a populated area and end up struggling to find a replacement vehicle.

Dennis

Banned
Why is every bit of leaked footage 240p and looking like someone is hung over?

Someone ship me a copy of the game and I will shoot some 1080p.

Maybe people think they are getting less sued if the video quality is worse? Seriously, I have no idea. Some codex probably.

eXistor

what are you guys going to do first once you start playing?
Oh you know...whatever. Just gonna walk a bit before taking on any missions and just see the sights. I'm mostly excited about the world and how alive and organic it'll feel. I really wanna be able to lose myself in this world.

Dennis

Banned
Oh you know...whatever. Just gonna walk a bit before taking on any missions and just see the sights. I'm mostly excited about the world and how alive and organic it'll feel. I really wanna be able to lose myself in this world.

This is me. Gameplay? Fuck that.

Its all about the ambiance

Sickbean

Same phenomenom as when UFO footage is recorded at the lowest quality possible on a fisher price camera?

I dont think there is any reason to worry about car damage.

They had a pretty good model / system in GTA4.

Why would they change it so there is hardly any damage?
Surely that would look weird and the devs would be able to see and acknowledge it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom