• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All New Skyward Sword Info from GI + Nintendo

Akai

Come on people, Ninty bumping the number of hearts for demo purposes has been a staple for a long time. I believe the Twilight Princess demos had Link with 5 hearts, for example...

Akai said:
Come on people, Ninty bumping the number of hearts for demo purposes has been a staple for a long time. I believe the Twilight Princess demos had Link with 5 hearts, for example...

I didn't even know there was a demo for TP. That makes me feel better about it.

There's just so many great things about this game, and I know they've got to mess up somewhere.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Okay, you do start with 5 Hearts in the Village Demo of Twilight Princess, which is the very start of the game. I'm probably wrong here.

EDIT: At the Goron Mines, even.

Xane

TheCongressman1 said:
Whipped up a lil' something.

fi-zelda-1.png

Thanks RagnarokX for the idea.
Hahaha, perfect!

Oh Ok I guess it was just for demo purposes then.

Spoilers for the intro.
Dose any one think the middle left figure looks sorta sword like? Maybe this is where Fi comes from?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Lord Ghirahim said:
It's been over 2 weeks since Dengeki Online said Nintendo would let them spend 6 hours with the actual game :/

Forget them, we'll have something from IGN tomorrow.

Also, the earlier footage of Twilight Princess I've seen in which you had 3 hearts was in a preview of Gametrailers... which was posted on their site less than a week before the game came out. It's probably going to be the same here.

I just bought a JPN copy of the Special Edition (MSRP ¥6800) for ¥5100 from a Yahoo! Japan Auctions' seller with dozens of positive reviews ;//

Xane

BY2K said:
Forget them, we'll have something from IGN tomorrow.

Also, the earlier footage of Twilight Princess I've seen in which you had 3 hearts was in a preview of Gametrailers... which was posted on their site less than a week before the game came out. It's probably going to be the same here.
Well, they gonna have to tweak the damage as well then.
Ghirahim takes down about 3 hearts with one strike and you're facing him early in the game.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Xane said:
Ghirahim takes down about 3 hearts with one strike and you're facing him early in the game.

Nope, it takes one.

Lunar15

I don't know why, but I think this game is going to have difficulty settings. I think it has to do with the fact that there are hud settings as well.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Lunar15 said:
I don't know why, but I think this game is going to have difficulty settings. I think it has to do with the fact that there are hud settings as well.

Don't get your hopes up. Not too much, at least.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Xane said:

Uhh no he doesnt, all of his strikes take out a single heart, no more no less. Heres a good vid for reference has Link being hit with all attacks, even a backhand bitch slap at the beginning which is awesome.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Enduin said:
Uhh no he doesnt, all of his strikes take out a single heart, no more no less.

Which is still 1/3 of your health. That's pretty awesome if you begin the game with 3 hearts.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
BY2K said:
Which is still 1/3 of your health. That's pretty awesome if you begin the game with 3 hearts.

True but theres a butt load of pots around and hes not very hard to beat if you bash him with your shield. Even though a bunch of the vids we've seen, and especially the one I linked show people struggling to beat him I am nearly completely sure thats on account of all of those people playing, doing so for the first time.

Like its been reported by a few sources this temple is a good 3 hours into the game, so thats a lot of experience with using WM+ and the mechanics and puzzle solving involved in fights. I dont think most people will have a very hard time beating him once theyve gotten there since theyll be quite familiar with the controls and tricks to combat, unlike those first timers at these conventions who are picking up the game for the first time ever.

Kandinsky

brandonh83 said:
ALTTP has the greatest end credit music. The slow part I mean. That shit will never be topped. I can't figure out why they haven't revisited some of these themes.
Yeah its probably my favorite Zelda piece, after Oath to Order that is. SS main theme is awesome too, I love it.

ciD_Vain

the tune that plays from 1:25-1:30 in the partial intro video sounds like a certain tune from wind waker but i can't specifically place it.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
jett said:
I guess people that liked Wind Waker's OW will like this one to even more. As for me I hated the ocean of WW, so I'm not really thrilled about the sky thing.
I think you might be absolutely right because I'm really excited for the overworld and I really enjoyed the ocean.

Lord Ghirahim said:
I hope AoL's Palace theme is in.
You, sir, have fine taste in music!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Since this is pretty much a temp community thread until the actual community thread, I'm posting my screenies (downsampled from native 1080p) from my current Twilight Princess playthrough on Dolphin. Game runs like silk. Excuse the image flood.

People who say TP doesn't look good are fools. >:V

In the middle of my playthrough right now. Not really looking forward to the Lanayru Province Tears of Light hunt. >.>

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Ughhhh I cannot wait to see SS running on Dolphin. TP looks so amazing on it, but SS is without a doubt superior in not only style and detail but also overall graphical prowess so it will probably look absolutely astounding in 1080p with 4xAA.

Mistle

Whooooooaaa okay, what specs do I need to run that silky smooth? And settings within Dolphin?

I have 8GB ram, ATI HD5770 graphics and Intel Q9550 (12M Cache, 2.83 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB) processor.

EDIT: After quick research, apparently the Wii version has slowdown and doesn't run as well as the GC version. Considering you're playing the Wii version, is this true? I've always wanted to play the GC version as I've only played the Wii version, but widescreen is hard to pass up.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I really need to learn this Dolphin thing before SS release.

AniHawk

EatChildren said:
Since this is pretty much a temp community thread until the actual community thread, I'm posting my screenies (downsampled from native 1080p) from my current Twilight Princess playthrough on Dolphin. Game runs like silk. Excuse the image flood.
well christ, when you put it like that

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Mistle said:
Whooooooaaa okay, what specs do I need to run that silky smooth? And settings within Dolphin?

I have 8GB ram, ATI HD5770 graphics and Intel Q9550 (12M Cache, 2.83 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB) processor.

EDIT: After quick research, apparently the Wii version has slowdown and doesn't run as well as the GC version. Considering you're playing the Wii version, is this true? I've always wanted to play the GC version as I've only played the Wii version, but widescreen is hard to pass up.

My specs are:
i5 2500K OC'd to 4.3Ghz
8GB DDR3
GTX 570 (factory OC'd)

I play the Wii version at 1920x1080. There's a couple of settings you have to flick to fix some graphical oddities (mostly map related), but otherwise it runs 99% of the time without a single hitch. Very rare slight dips, but I put that down to general emulation quirks. I've had two crashes though, but that's not bad considering I've cleared the Fire Temple.

I'm honestly not sure how your specs would perform sorry. Maybe ask in the Dolphin thread, as someone is bound to have something similar.

EatChildren

I plan on going through the whole game, so I'll grab some when I get to it.

wrowa

RagnarokX said:
Siren is what they thought it was called at E3. They probably misheard or Aonuma mispronounced.
Might also be a regional thing. It's possible that it's called "Silent World" in the US, and "Siren World" in the UK.

Top Bottom