• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All PS4 pre orders post Destiny will support pre load

LAA

Good if true. This is a feature that should have been built in since launch tbh, it's good of all games will support it, think they should.

Rojo

I just got this message to on my PS4 under the section "From PlayStation".

I could've sworn that when I pre-ordered Watch Dogs they said it would pre-download but I guess not. I am a little bummed about it but what can you do? At least I can start downloading it at 12:01 midnight.

Thats eastern standard time so west coast can begin at 9 pm monday aww yea.

Megatron

You people shouldn't be pre ordering this digitally anyway. Get a physical version so you can trade it in if you don't like it. I got $40 from target for Killzone shadowfall yesterday. I'd be out of luck if I bought it digitally. The only stuff I'd preorder digitally is stuff I think I'm sure to love.

rrs

Preloads for every game will be nice if you are still stuck on ADSL, but I wonder why it wasn't enabled for Watch_Dogs in the US market while it's fine in Australia.

Hellshy.

I don't understand why preloading is such a hurdle on these new consoles.

Ps3 aleo will support pre-loading . It has nothing to do with the consoles. It has a lot to do with making sure the system is rock solid so publishers dont have to worry about games releasing ealry bc of a bug.

Gustav

Banned
You people shouldn't be pre ordering this digitally anyway. Get a physical version so you can trade it in if you don't like it. I got $40 from target for Killzone shadowfall yesterday. I'd be out of luck if I bought it digitally. The only stuff I'd preorder digitally is stuff I think I'm sure to love.

Thanks, dad.

I only buy games I wanna keep and I never trade in games. So thanks... but no thanks.

Spineker

Banned
That is just ridiculous. Why would you waste your time developing the pre load feature for the 1.7 firmware update if you have zero intention of using it for months? They could've put preloading on the back burner and added another heavily requested feature instead that people could actually USE.

DBT85

That is just ridiculous. Why would you waste your time developing the pre load feature for the 1.7 firmware update if you have zero intention of using it for months? They could've put preloading on the back burner and added another heavily requested feature instead that people could actually USE.

It is being used. Just not by SCEA.

Mindwipe

It is being used in some territories, and with some publishers.

Just not consistently until September. If I were to speculate, it was probably because Sony needed the feature to be there before they could tell publishers it was now mandatory, but they will still have to give a bit of time for publishers to get their retailer agreements etc in order.

Top Bottom