• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alpha Protocol |OT| Bourne, Avellone, Denton, and the Agency's Sagacious Secrets

Tokubetsu

eznark said:
Any preorder deals? Haven't decided the platform yet, want to do PC but every time I sit down at my desk I find myself working, so might go console. Best deal, I guess.

PC version is 10 bucks less but (and I didn't see this until now more edit to the OP!) Gamestop has some code for 2 weapons.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
The digital distro preorder comes with a copy of Space Siege. On Steam, it was available for download as soon as I had paid.

I finished the dl, but have yet to play it, so I can't say it's worth it.

I guess I'll fire it up and give some impressions.

Tokubetsu

K.Jack said:
The digital distro preorder comes with a copy of Space Siege. On Steam, it was available for download as soon as I had paid.

I finished the dl, but have yet to play it, so I can't say it's worth it.

I guess I'll fire it up and give some impressions.

It's not worth it.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
If you ignore how bad it is, Space Siege is actually pretty fun.

Yeah, that doesn't makes sense... I had some fun with it anyways. :D

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
eznark said:
F you guys, Space Siege isn't that bad. And I paid full price for it!

It's worse then that bad. I tried playing it when I got it for free, lasted maybe 2 hours before I had to delete it.

It's completely awful in every single regard. It's plays like what I imagine a Shadowgrounds game would play like if the programmers were developmentally challenged.

dionysus

Yaldog
eznark said:
Any preorder deals? Haven't decided the platform yet, want to do PC but every time I sit down at my desk I find myself working, so might go console. Best deal, I guess.

Amazon has got the $10 video game coupon for your next purchase.

i bet the devs laughed their asses off after that sony critique was leaked saying the game wasn't enough of an RPG considering how much time, thought, and effort they put into choice and consequence.

Axiom

Okay so Alpha Protocol is US$69.99 on Steam and US$49.99 on Direct2Drive. Can anyone tell me what the actual price for the game is through digital distribution?

I hate the Australian tax.

I'm really looking forward to this game, through all its trials I really think it's going to be a solid product and more games should be taking Mass Effect's ball and trying new things with it.

Concept17

Not sure if I want to just buy it on Steam and have it ready, or off Amazon and add it to Steam later. (amazon has 10$ game credit).

MannahContana

Neo Member
The lack of press coverage for this game has been amazing, you'd have no idea if you were a casual gaming fan that this was out tomorrow. Been searching for any sort of a review, nothing but that spanish magazine.
You really have to hand it to Sega, first the ensured Yakuza bombed, now Alpha Protocol. Hope the game dosn't end on a cliffhanger.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
MannahContana said:
The lack of press coverage for this game has been amazing, you'd have no idea if you were a casual gaming fan that this was out tomorrow. Been searching for any sort of a review, nothing but that spanish magazine.
You really have to hand it to Sega, first the ensured Yakuza bombed, now Alpha Protocol. Hope the game dosn't end on a cliffhanger.

It isn't out tomorrow though o_O

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
MannahContana said:

It comes out June 1st

lsslave

Jew Gamer
ArjanN said:
US release date I guess.

Ah yes, damn Euros getting the game I've been hyped for before me :lol

Still, while I hope it does well to me all that matters is I will get to play it after waiting this long now!

Installing now, will post some impressions later... :D :D :D

11spi0n.jpg

kuYuri

Axiom said:
Okay so Alpha Protocol is US$69.99 on Steam and US$49.99 on Direct2Drive. Can anyone tell me what the actual price for the game is through digital distribution?

It's $49.99 US on Steam as well.

OK so I'm not very far into the game yet, been taking my time with it.

Some very early impressions are (360 version btw):

- Graphics are OK... Not fantastic, but not terrible either. They do the job. Game seems to run pretty well. Some tearing in the conversations/cut scenes

- Controls are pretty decent, fairly standard third person shooter stuff, with a couple of interesting RPGish additions

- Dialog stuff is good so far, been playing it fairly professional but the times when I've taken the douche/suave paths have been interesting

- Lumberjack beard is great

Overall it seems.... decent. I really wasn't sure what to expect with this game. I haven't gotten very far in the story yet but there is definitely some potential. The game seems a bit dated in general but as I'm typing this I'm looking forward to getting back to the game... I'll get a bit further into the story and post some more impressions later.

miladesn said:
^ How do the guns feel? from the videos it didn't look very promising.

Not really sure just yet, only used a few different weapons during training/tutorial and they seem OK.

I'm just about to go into my first real mission so I will hopefully get to try some guns out now!

Concept17

BanShunsaku said:
Not really sure just yet, only used a few different weapons during training/tutorial and they seem OK.

I'm just about to go into my first real mission so I will hopefully get to try some guns out now!

Any impressions on stealth gameplay would be greatly appreciated. :D

I got five on it as of today just so I could insure the pre-order bonus weapons if nothing else. Looking forward to the impressions.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
BanShunsaku said:
OK so I'm not very far into the game yet, been taking my time with it.

Some very early impressions are (360 version btw):

- Graphics are OK... Not fantastic, but not terrible either. They do the job. Game seems to run pretty well. Some tearing in the conversations/cut scenes

- Controls are pretty decent, fairly standard third person shooter stuff, with a couple of interesting RPGish additions

- Dialog stuff is good so far, been playing it fairly professional but the times when I've taken the douche/suave paths have been interesting

- Lumberjack beard is great

Overall it seems.... decent. I really wasn't sure what to expect with this game. I haven't gotten very far in the story yet but there is definitely some potential. The game seems a bit dated in general but as I'm typing this I'm looking forward to getting back to the game... I'll get a bit further into the story and post some more impressions later.
How's the framerate?

So I just finished my first mission, should be able to answer a few of these questions now...

miladesn said:
^ How do the guns feel? from the videos it didn't look very promising.

OK so after killing some dudes with a pistol and an assault rifle, have a bit of a better idea of the guns... To me, I'm getting a strong Mass Effect feel, especially with the assault rifle. Whether or not that is a good thing is up to you I guess, but it feels pretty good to me.

Concept17 said:
Any impressions on stealth gameplay would be greatly appreciated. :D

I tried to go into this mission with stealth in mind, which didn't last long, and in the end I killed pretty much everyone. But that might just be me doing it wrong. You can put points into stealth skills which would probably improve things though.

Edgeward said:
Run into any bugs/glitches yet? And do the characters seem generic/zany/good/etc?

I had one glitch during the first tutorial where I got stuck in a wall for a few seconds, but mashed the buttons and managed to come unstuck. The characters seem decent enough, but I have only met a few. No one zany yet.

K.Jack said:
How's the framerate?

Framerate seems pretty solid, though I'm not an expert on these things. Seems good to me. I have encountered a little bit of tearing though, and that good old Unreal Engine 3 texture pop-in is still there (but mostly when looking at weapons in menus etc)

A couple more impressions from my play today...

- I really like the email system

- Weapon customization is pretty impressive, the weapon store is a bit daunting, so many options

- Interesting intel system

- Voice acting varies... Most of the supporting cast seems good so far but the main character delivers some lines horribly

- using martial arts to kill is pretty satisfying :D

Edgeward

Thanks for the impressions! How much does accuracy feels like it's more rolling of the dice? How's the customizing of Michael's appearance?

And one for much later on, do you feel your choices are having a real impact and that the choices simply aren't 1a and 1b but rather really varied with different outcomes?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Well, as I was thinking it comes out as a decent game. Not a masterpiece, but a good game nevertheless. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Nemesis_

2jsc2a.jpg

Also picked it up!

To the other Aussie, which background did you pick? I chose recruit because I am a dirty achievement whore.

For those interested, framerate seems pretty terrible during the actual gameplay. >_> But still, I have hope!

Animations are also hilariously retarded. I do wonder how this got through QA.

Still, I have high hopes as I've said. >_>

Cep

Banned
Nemesis556 said:
2jsc2a.jpg

Also picked it up!

To the other Aussie, which background did you pick? I chose recruit because I am a dirty achievement whore.

For those interested, framerate seems pretty terrible during the actual gameplay. >_> But still, I have hope!

PC 4 life!

Still, that is unfortunate.

Top Bottom