• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alundra and Arc the Lad on PSN 10.12.2010, $5.99 apiece

Angelcurio

vireland said:
Well, it's not making anyone rich, that's for sure. It's more of a fanservice issue for me, and my plan is that by building the goodwill with fans and license holders with these "building block" releases, it will make it easier to do new titles in the future where the bar for profitablity is even higher. So far it seems to be moving that direction. The more fan supported purchases we get in the import store of the Gaijinworks and Monkeypaw releases, the better it is for us in getting more and newer stuff for other PSN platforms.
I didn't know that you were behind the import store. Besides buying Alundra from the normal US store, i have bought Megaman 2 and 3 from the import store, and now i plan to buy 1 and 4. The import store is an excellent idea.

Takao

Banned
Get me Medarot R Vic, and I'll buy it on multiple accounts!

It's not even on the Japanese PSN... and it's an RPG. Chance at US PSN release? -234 %

cj_iwakura

Douche McBaggins The 3rd said:
Since you said your interest is in getting out all the RPGS first, does this mean we will get GOOD Lunar? Lunar on GBA and PSP just didn't feel the same without your outlandish and oftentimes amusing writing.

You mean the Sega CD Lunars? :p

vireland said:
I used to keep a couple cases of every game we did, starting sometime in the SEGA CD era, but as we did more and more games, after 15 years+ I just had a LOT of duplicate games. It was kind of OCD and I did the auctions to thin that out to a more reasonable level. I do wish I had made more of the Elemental Gearbolt Assassin cases and kept a case or two of THOSE, though. One is not enough...

At least you have one.... :( I think it's like the only thing I don't have from you guys.

0 HP

Cosmic Fantasy 2 for VC would be cool. I think that's the only RPG I haven't played :(((

cosfan2-1.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
If you bring over Tomba or Thousand Arms Vic, I'll buy 1000 copies each. :p

Ranger X

Wow ok, looks like I didn't see this thread rolling.
Still I need to reinforce something:

BUY ALUNDRA.

This game is some furious quality Zelda-like adventure greatness. If you like the later you really shouldn't miss that. The puzzles are also a notch over Zelda is complexity and difficulty. The game is also bearing a superb artstyle in glorious 2D

vireland

Angelcurio said:
I didn't know that you were behind the import store. Besides buying Alundra from the normal US store, i have bought Megaman 2 and 3 from the import store, and now i plan to buy 1 and 4. The import store is an excellent idea.

We're working with Monkeypaw on the import store. MP's president and I go way back and he was instrumental in getting Sony onboard with the import store idea. The more support we get along the way from fans buying what we put up, the more we can do.

vireland said:
That's over $6000 per title - are you up to that? You might get your wish...

Are you hinting at Thousand Arms? Fatlus isn't really keen on giving people their prime stuff. How do you plan to pull off such a magnificent heist of date em up?

androvsky

vireland said:
We're working with Monkeypaw on the import store. MP's president and I go way back and he was instrumental in getting Sony onboard with the import store idea. The more support we get along the way from fans buying what we put up, the more we can do.
I do love that the import store exists, though I haven't purchased much from it (extremely limited funds currently). Any chances of games from other PSN-supported platforms like the PC Engine or even PSP winding up in the import store?

also, something something Sakura Wars. :/
even though SCEA is rumored to be approving pretty much anything for the PSP currently, that's a pretty meaty translation job and potential licensing nightmare

Jazzem

Wow, nice one Vic, especially for getting the 60Hz Alundra onto the PAL PSN store :D Will definitely buy it, wanted to play it for quite some time now.

Respawn

Banned
Arc the Lad 25+years later. 'sigh' I remember getting so excited for this back in 95. Oh well Im going to play the heck out of it on Vita.

bodine1231

Alundra was the first game I ever pre-ordered. I remember the release date getting pushed back over and over again. Loved the game,hard as fuck though.

Top Bottom