• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amanda Bynes sure looking good........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzurri

Amanda_Bynes_Out_in_Beverly_Hills_12-27-2023__20_.jpg

She looks like Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Hollywood really fucks you up.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
She was very nice and pretty on Nickelodeon, but drugs completely changed her life and physical appearance.

ramuh

Doesn't she have mental health problems?
Bipolar disorder is a mental illness that affects a person's ability to think clearly and dramatically affects their moods, according to NAMI. Bipolar causes people to experience manic episodes where they might behave impulsively or make reckless decisions.
I don't think we need to highlight her disheveled state imo.

Last edited:
I feel like engaging with this is feeding paparazzi, which are like vultures, taking photos of a celebrity who hasn't been in the industry since 2010. It's not a flattering picture, but sharing it and spreading it around, for an individual with well documented drug and mental health issues.. I don't feel good about that.

Honestly I shouldn't even be engaging with this. It's sad, her story doesn't make me feel good, and I hope she's doing okay.

It's really funny how in the present day women try to look as ugly and unappealing as they can.

Get a better haircut, lose the nose ring, it'd be a start age aside, but nope, gotta look like you stepped out of a trailer park circa 1989, that's modern fashion, baby!

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Never followed her career, but name sounds familiar. Check out her wild mental issues on her wiki. Imagine having her as a family member. She's got her Twitter account in one hand and holding a bullseye target in the other hand. Total druggo.

Assuming her wiki credits are up to date, looks like she's done nothing since 2010!

Mental health and substance abuse problems​

In 2012, Bynes was charged with driving under the influence (DUI) in West Hollywood.[60] Two years later, the charge was dropped, and she received a three-year probation.[61] In May 2013, Bynes was charged with reckless endangerment and marijuana possession after she was found smoking in the lobby of her Manhattan apartment building.[62] When officers entered her 36th-floor apartment, she allegedly threw a bong out the window.[62] A New York County judge dismissed the case against her in June 2014.[62]

In July 2013, Ventura County, California sheriff's deputies detained her after she allegedly started a small fire in the driveway of a stranger in Thousand Oaks. She was hospitalized under a 72-hour mental-health evaluation hold.[63] Bynes's parents filed for conservatorship of their daughter shortly after her hospitalization began.[64] In August, Bynes' mother was granted a temporary conservatorship over Bynes's affairs.[65]

In October 2014, Bynes accused her father of emotional and sexual abuse in a series of tweets; after her parents protested and claimed innocence, Bynes tweeted that her father had never abused her, adding: "The microchip in my brain made me say those things but he's the one that ordered them to microchip me".[66][67] Days later, Bynes' mother again received conservatorship of her.[68] Soon afterward Bynes announced that she had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder.[69] In August 2018, paperwork was filed to continue the conservatorship until August 2020.[70][71]

In 2018, Bynes stated she had been sober for four years with the help of her parents.[12] She also apologized for what she said on Twitter during her years of substance abuse: "I'm really ashamed and embarrassed with the things I said. I can't turn back time but if I could, I would. And I'm so sorry to whoever I hurt and whoever I lied about because it truly eats away at me."[12] In an interview, Bynes stated that during her days of substance abuse she experimented with cocaine and MDMA, but the drug she "abused the most" was the ADHD prescription medication Adderall.[72]

In February 2022, Bynes filed to end her conservatorship.[73] Her attorney stated that Bynes believed her condition was improved and protection of the court was no longer necessary.[74] Attorneys for her parents stated that they supported her in ending it.[75] The conservatorship was officially terminated on March 22, 2022.[4]

On March 20, 2023, Bynes was placed on a 72-hour psychiatric hold after she flagged a bystander for help and called 911 following a psychotic episode in Los Angeles.[76][77][78] The previous weekend she had been scheduled to appear at an All That panel at '90s Con in Connecticut, her first scheduled public event since the end of her conservatorship, but she did not appear.[76][78] On June 17, 2023, after she called the police indicating that she had thoughts of self-harm, mental health professionals determined that she needed inpatient treatment. She left the facility on June 30 with plans for follow-up outpatient treatment.[79]

Sucks things turned out that bad after a really promising start for her. I think those that follow that career path are pretty damn lucky to make it out alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom