• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.ca: THESE are real Wii U boxes

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Looks a ton better in the spine Target photos.

Btw, I HATE Blu-Ray sized boxes. The only small boxes I have ever liked were the Japan GCN boxes, only because DVD boxes for the mini-discs made little sense.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
You're joking right?
This is one of the times where I do not jest. Terrible box-art, somebody should just seppuku themselves into oblivion.
Gaf should just design the art.

Ryoku

Why are some people saying that it's gold? I admit, it being a nice, shiny gold would be much better than yellow, but where are you getting this from?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
gamecube redux
ilGA7o2cLDUKS.jpg

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
GAF: where the physical design of a product doesn't matter but a 2mm yellow line is the end of the world.

Kiryu

I see that IGN's article about Wii U leak boxart. As far as I can tell that people who comment below the article does have worse tastes of Wii U Boxart.

Go see for yourself. :/

ohlawd

I see that IGN's article about Wii U leak boxart. As far as I can tell that people who comment below the article does have worse tastes of Wii U Boxart.

Go see for yourself. :/

If it's not Sony or MS related, it'll be met with much disdain over at the IGN side :p

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i love the box. i love it more than i like the wii boxes, or the 360 boxes, or the gamecube or playstation 2 or super nintendo boxes for that matter. i love the box more than i love a midday nap or a cool glass of fresh-squeezed lemonade on a hot day.

but i just. cannot. tolerate. that. yellow. line.

blamite

My ideal design would be a white stripe with blue where the yellow is now, and the Wii U logo in it's normal gray/blue colors. White boxes, of course.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
The best part about the Wii-U is that if you put three of them together you get the noise an ambulance makes.

Ryoku

The best part about the Wii-U is that if you put three of them together you get the noise an ambulance makes.

Holy shit you're more than a year late :p

This is the best one.

Too bad it doesn't matter lol. ._.
Orange yes, I like this one.

Glad you like it. I prefer it, as well, which is why I made it, lol. I like the idea of the network being incorporated into the logo instead of just having a separate logo for it.

NFreak

This is one of the times where I do not jest. Terrible box-art, somebody should just seppuku themselves into oblivion.
Gaf should just design the art.

I understand if you don't like the logo for the box art but it really doesn't look like blu-ray box arts at all.

There is literally no reason to use DVD cases anymore. The new "blu ray" style cases are not only smaller, but use less plastic.

Most DVD sized cases these days have plastic cut out in the middle of each side of the case to reduce the amount of plastic used, but I would rather have one whole sturdy case rather than a case with large holes in it. Not something worth complaining about though imo.

MisterHero

GAF: where the physical design of a product doesn't matter but a 2mm yellow line is the end of the world.
You never know. Graphic designers can use simple lines and shapes to screw with a person's mind.

Using a lot of yellow could be pleasing, but that tiny insignificant line can drive anyone mad!

trinest

I like the yellow, and it would be cool if it was a different colour for different things. Maybe online would be orange or pink or something. Something which stands out and make people go "OMFG ONLINE ON MY WIIS?"

Damn, I am underwhelmed, and that yellow is awful.. That said, I appreciate the GC throwback, but even so I was hoping for something sleeker.

I tinkered around with the magic wand a little more, and got a bigger selection than Drago

PlZyv.jpg

That helps a ton.

as does this.

Seems like I was beaten :p

But there's one with a gradient with the orange from the Nintendo Network logo to make up for my tardiness.
And this. I like the gradient orange a lot tbh.

Still, the flat blue looks off.. Maybe a gradient for it would look better? Anyone up for the task of editing it so it isnt as flat?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
One thing is for sure, they separate themselves from the Wii-line much more then the 3DS boxes do compared to DS games.

hatchx

Banned
I really like the boxart, personally. If they go with this, I'm happy.

Also, please keep art on the box. No promotional crap.

Top Bottom