• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.ca: THESE are real Wii U boxes

Djamb3

lnMGr.png

I'm diging it with the blue box, but it looks similar to vita cases

glaurung

Not a terrible fan of the yellow stripe, but the box with the light blue jewel case looks serviceable. Not something I'd proudly present on an open shelf though.

Yagharek

I like it so far. Nice fresh colours, should stand out on the shelves.

If this is the real deal I expect some alterations anyway before release.

Nimajneb

I like the yellow, but I'd prefer a straight boarder. I hope the console itself comes in a yellow and blue version.

glaurung

After looking at some more art assets for these designs, I think the reasoning might have been: blue sky, yellow sun. It matches Super Mario Sunshine very well, for one example.

But seeing this kind of perky, cheerful color combination on boxes for depressing shit like AC3, Aliens or Batman Arkham City - really does not work. Now Nintendo has gotten their general attitude right, but the games portfolio no longer reflects their general attitude.

Plus I would really like to see some of the future non-direct download game boxes with a design that differs from the prehistoric jewel case.

I don't really see why these are more believable than any of the others we have seen? Hi-res?

I think it's real because it's the first true version we've seen on a website that doesn't look like a crappy copy/paste job. Also, on Target there's a render that also shows the spine and a teal box. Unless Nintendo outright says it's not real, I think it's safe to say this is the real deal.

4DtBs.jpg

If only I could use the magic wand correctly.

Anyway, I think Nintendo should use two designs for the boxarts, the blue and yellow one for all the games ranging from E-T and the black and blue one for M. Somewhat like they do in Japan with the black cases for some games.

Iceblade

As I said in the other thead, this is the best boxart. Weren't EU Dreamcast cases like this?

Sorry, but this is actually pretty terrible. I mean, aesthetically its quite elegant and minimalist, sure, but it has absolutely no shelf presence. It doesn't jump out at all.

Ryoku

Is it possible the render just looks yellow and it's actually going to be more goldish?

I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. I'd like to see an example of shiny-gold --> scan --> yellow before I can settle on whether or not it's actually gold or yellow.

However, some have suggested that it may very well be gold. How they know this, I don't know.

AzaK

The more horrifying fact is that these are aspected to DVD-sized cases instead of Blu-ray sizes, enjoy another gen of outdated shit on your shelf!!!

No, it's more horrifying that you get worked up enough about a game case that you had to troll about it.

MrT-Tar

I actually really like the WiiU's box art template. However, to be honest, box arts were never the thing anyone was worried about, regarding the WiiU

MNC

Wii white fits better with just about everything. Blue doesn't fit with everything... These don't look too hot IMO.

MDX

I think the yellow is gold

as in, it looks good.
enough to catch the eye, and let you focus on the box art itself.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It's not bad...and above all, it's VERY different from Wii cases. This is the most important thing.

Desmond

I came into the thread thinking : 'banners will probably be white like the Wii's. Wish it was blue.'

I was surprised. Love it.

boyshine

There's no way Nintendo isn't using the full colour logo on the game cover. It's also well known that the colour yellow indicates sale or budget, and that simply can't be used. And together with blue? Why not just change the name to "Wii Ukraine"?

bryanee

It looks fine not that I really care all that much, I'm just glad it isnt all bloody white again. That shit will be on my shelf not framed an hanging on my wall.

Top Bottom