• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.ca: THESE are real Wii U boxes

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Here's a blank if anyone is interested.

Opkmg.png

So they're going for the look of the box art of their worst selling console, and on top of that decided to let a colour blind person pick the colours.

This really does look fan made.

lefantome

Ugliest cover ever.

The should have keep the wii u blue for the logo and have a white background. Yellow banned from the cover.

I think it'd be cool if the labeling was blue with that touch of yellow and the DVD case was a solid yellow. I think that would look pretty rad.

dose

Yellow ruins it. Should be black/white so it doesnt ever conflict with cover art :/
Just like the green on the Xbox360 boxart does? I like the fact everyone has become an artist in this thread lol. Blue and yellow work fine together.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I actually like the fact that the boxes are now blue.

ASIS

1344344024_GamecUbe.jpg

Here is my super quick idea of how it should look. Feels more like it fits with the white Wii/U theme.

looks very 2000-ish. Not bad though.

Could you do another one with these two adjustments:
1. Give Wii U logo its original color.
2. No shadow in the logo.

Please?

GCX

Not yet.
But what do WE know about color schemes Nintendo is using for use in software, packaging and advertising?
Yeah I feel like we're going to see a lot of blue and yellow in the marketing campaign.

Makes sense really since they need distinguish the console from Wii.

SykoTech

So basically GameCube style, but this time using colors that are going to clash with a lot of different boxarts. Meh.

I don't like the yellow.

Off topic I don't like Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth: box art.

That Spiderman pose creeps me out. The whole things looks wrong.

Matches the way the rest of that putrid game is looking.

ASIS

I bet a ton of people are gonna be wondering why these games don't work on their Wii

How many people got confused with Xbox and 360?
PSP and Vita?
PS2 and PS3?

Honestly with that box art template, no one can blame anyone but themselves.

Glass Joe

Probably because blu-ray cases are proprietary for the blu-ray standard discs, which Wii U game discs are not. It's probably due to legal issues.

I don't think Blu Ray can copyright a box size. If I remember right, back when HD-DVD was still a thing, those were Blu-Ray sized too, (give or take), just with a different color (purplish?).

Anyway the Blue with a gold border isn't bad. At least it differentiates from Wii. Might end up looking kind of cool in person, if the gold is reflective material (common in sports cards).

Xristot

I think the yellow is ok. it makes the top pop out a lot more than it would with a black/white/blue line there. The whole point of the box is to attract your eye and I actually think that sliver of yellow helps.

That looks awful. Use a white stroke border around the blue you morons. What the hell does yellow have to do with the Wii/Wii U's white image branding or Nintendo's red/gray branding?

1344344024_GamecUbe.jpg

Here is my super quick idea of how it should look. Feels more like it fits with the white Wii/U theme.

Flatten it and I agree.

GCX

That looks awful. Use a white stroke border around the blue you morons. What the hell does yellow have to do with the Wii/Wii U's white image branding or Nintendo's red/gray branding?
We haven't seen what WiiU's branding looks like outside the logo.

LOCK

The yellow is alright.

Not that big of a deal. But it would be better without it..and the ugly blue.

Wiz

As long as it's not too similar to the Wii box. That's the only thing I was worried about.

MisterHero

lol non-specific action figure may be on to something

I have no idea how you people can be so analytical over the banner on the top of a box.
They pay people to be experts and understand how people react to visual arrangements. It's not that hard to grasp.

nordique

I'm not convinced these are real. Something is off about them, although they are high res.

Could be wrong though

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The yellow has to be to help people who don't know any better to distinguish between a Wii and Wii U game, which Nintendo could have easily done had they not named the system Wii U.

TunaLover

But why it's there, I don't know!

But man, I though you were giving us answers ;___;

The yellow has to be to help people who don't know any better to distinguish between a Wii and Wii U game, which Nintendo could have easily done had they not named the system Wii U.

The whole box is blue for god sake!
If people can't distinguish between a white and blue box, I don't think a yellow line could help neither.

Hakai

I'm enjoying this boxes, yeaah the yellow kind break the whole thing, but I'm getting used to it.

If the yellow turns out to be gold shine, it will be spot on actually.

Top Bottom