• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon censoring Titanfall reviews - Must hit dat 5 stars rating.

w00zey

Huh. They're really trying hard to make this game look good aren't they? Because that doesn't seem like any sort of email Amazon would send if they noticed you enjoy games. It really looks like MS or EA is wanting Amazon to make the game look as good as possible so more people might bite and purchase it.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or ignorance.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Like I said, I get plenty of those. They never talk about the Metacritic score.

It strikes me as totally absurd that MS would stoop so low as to pay Amazon to include the Metacritic score in a recommendation email.

They really must be desperate.

The only amazon emails I get are the generic ones that say "Customers interested in this thing you bought may also be interested in these other titles" emails. Never a single specific title and also including a meta critic score. Course maybe that's a us amazon thing and Canadian amazon is different.

RetroStu

Banned
Huh. They're really trying hard to make this game look good aren't they? Because that doesn't seem like any sort of email Amazon would send if they noticed you enjoy games. It really looks like MS or EA is wanting Amazon to make the game look as good as possible so more people might bite and purchase it.

I always thought i was good at spotting sarcasm on the internet until i signed up to this forum, i now realise after spending the last few months on here that this post could very well be serious.

What's your definition of indie and why is Respawn the antithesis?

I understand if you want to say they are a different breed of indie.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indie_game
Independent video games (commonly referred to as indie games) are video games created by individuals or small teams generally without video game publisher financial support.

Re: Respawn (Employees ~75)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respawn_Entertainment
On April 12, 2010 the Los Angeles Times reported that West and Zampella were forming a new independent gaming studio known as Respawn Entertainment. They were seeking funding from Electronic Arts through the EA Partners Program.

They're not indie. Period.

Top Bottom