• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.co.jp is now offering international shipping for games and consoles

Tested out with Chaos Field New Order for PS2
Oh hell yeah
g53gGRj.png

... I can order the PSN cards because they're physical cards... I wonder why they only sell digital codes for PS+

You don't want digital PSN Cards either way. Their price is abyssmal on Amazon. You are better off buying from Solaris Japan/Nippon-Yassan, etc, which is only about 10% markup.

hotpocket

Neo Member
I'm having trouble finding good deals. Amazon Prime US already ships pretty Japanese games at a decent price.

C63bBR3.png
Q1JzRSr.png

Now there is Older games but Amazon Japan doesn't fulfill those

CI6HK5B.png

This is fantastic though for day to day releases though. Also there is some deals I probably missed.

Vlaphor

I checked out a bunch of games and every single one said "Unavailable to ship to your area" (Kansas). I tried the $300 DOAX3 bundle (wasn't going to buy it, just wanted to check the price), and several Simple2000 PS2 games and none of them worked.

Random question: what makes Amazon.co.jp better than other import sites? er, besides used items, which actually might be big but I'm guessing all the Japanese used item sellers are already on the other Amazons.

Het_Nkik

Man, I'm gonna feel bad turning my back on HMV after they've been so good to me with games and faceplates and quick shipping.

Time to compare Picross 3D 2 prices I guess.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Random question: what makes Amazon.co.jp better than other import sites? er, besides used items, which actually might be big but I'm guessing all the Japanese used item sellers are already on the other Amazons.

For me would probably be the speed. I'm more used to 3-4 weeks of shipping. Seems Amazon is quite a bit faster.

tiijj

For me, it's cheaper shipping, sometimes cheaper prices on games, and they charge import fees so no unexpected duty and taxes.

Athreous

Getting this error while trying to ship Dead or Alive xtreme 3

ご指定の住所、店舗にお届けできない商品、またはご指定の配送方法でお届けできない商品が含まれています。配送制限について、詳細はこちらからご確認いただき、お届け先、配送方法を変更してください。

it says that can't ship to my adress, am I doing something wrong? .-.

here's how my adress look like:

[don't post your address]

Finally I found a site that sell PS Vita 2000 analog sticks! My blue Vita 2000's right stick broke so I bought a supposed stick, learned how to take it apart for repair only to find the stick was for an Vita 1000.

Balance is restored. Now what game to break it in with?

Jazz573

ご指定の住所、店舗にお届けできない商品、またはご指定の配送方法でお届けできない商品が含まれています。配送制限について、詳細はこちらからご確認いただき、お届け先、配送方法を変更してください。

Set to English first. Also it tells you right on the page whether international purchases are accepted.

Sakura

Prices mainly (edit: for me at least). Amazon will often have some games discounted pretty cheap compared to other import sites. For example the game I wanted was about 2000 yen on Amazon while it is 5,998 yen on a good site like hmv.co.jp and 64.99 US on a bad site like play-asia.
For full price games though, the prices often won't be much different than ami-ami or hmv etc.

Aeana

If you're getting the shipping error, make sure you select something sold by Amazon. If they're not listed on the item page, click on the link that takes you to all of the other new listings and find theirs.

Armaly

Why would you post your own address?

tiijj

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You should probably remove your address there lol.

Mine works for most doax3, not sure why yours aren't working, which one are you buying anyway?

DavidDesu

So those with the knowledge, I'm from UK, can I get some things potentially cheaper through this? Remember a while back I was pricing up the newest Vita model and could get the colour I wanted AND was cheaper too. I guess shipping will be expensive though?

SephLuis

the resellers don't usually ship overseas.

Which is sad because if they did, I would have already bought Yakuza Kiwami

Yes, it has to be sold directly by Amazon. "Fulfilled by Amazon" but sold by a third party seller does not work. Sadly. Amazon Japan, what are you doing still selling Tokyo Xanadu for full price tbh. Sellers are selling it for half that!

Thanks for reminding me of Tokyo Xanadu, though here shows as ¥ 3,980

Aeana

Which is sad because if they did, I would have already bought Yakuza Kiwami

Thanks for reminding me of Tokyo Xanadu, though here shows as ¥ 3,980

It's only 3980 sold by a third-party seller, which is not eligible for international shipping.

Kama_1082

Banned
If you're getting the shipping error, make sure you select something sold by Amazon. If they're not listed on the item page, click on the link that takes you to all of the other new listings and find theirs.

Sorry, this item can't be shipped to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order.

Amazon.com Int'l Sales, Inc.

Battlechili

Banned
You couldn't before? I mean I know Amazon Japan let people import music and artbooks before. It didn't allow it for games?

Impotaku

Nice to see people been given the freedom to now go raid Amazon J of that gaming goodness. Once you start paying regular retail & not import shop prices it's hard to go back.

I'll still be sticking with tenso though as a lot of DS games are only sold by marketplace sellers nowdays plus when Amazon ship direct they always send everything out by courier which is stupidly expensive and you always get busted for import duty if it's over the limit.

If i do it via tenso i can choose the cheaper shipping options & i never pay import tax, that's the reason that my arcade taiko controller got here with zero import duty to pay as i could edit the customs value myself to make it nice & low.

Butt jiggle is revolutionising international business.

Butt Jiggle is slowly restoring the world to it's former state.

Butt Jiggle will bring about the return of Pangaea.

Borders will be destroyed, countries once divided will be united.

Humanity will face the future standing as one entity, one force, one will.

All because of the power of butt jiggle.

Battlechili

Banned
Nah, the categories were limited. It was just books, CDs, and something weird like VHS tapes.
Oh. Well its pretty awesome that this is possible now! More accessibility for Japanese games! Although I wonder if this extends to anything else. A while back I tried to import some video game oriented wall scrolls and it wouldn't let me. Wonder if it will now.

tiijj

Nice to see people been given the freedom to now go raid Amazon J of that gaming goodness. Once you start paying regular retail & not import shop prices it's hard to go back.

I'll still be sticking with tenso though as a lot of DS games are only sold by marketplace sellers nowdays plus when Amazon ship direct they always send everything out by courier which is stupidly expensive and you always get busted for import duty if it's over the limit.

If i do it via tenso i can choose the cheaper shipping options & i never pay import tax, that's the reason that my arcade taiko controller got here with zero import duty to pay as i could edit the customs value myself to make it nice & low.

Don't they charge you duties when you purchase it from amazon jp? That's how mine usually works.

This is great news. Like most others I had to make a new account (did that earlier to get the Fire Emblem Fates OST) but it's good to know they're opening up new options. They have some amiibo really cheap. Little Mac is less than $14 shipped by himself. Most of their amiibo listings are through third-parties that won't ship to the US, but they still have a few others (Palutena, Pit, Bowser Jr.) sold directly from Amazon.co.jp all for less than $9 USD.

Gitaroo

Nice to have an alternative option. Amiami still offer better discount and cheaper shipping, problem is they carry very low ammount of stock especially for games. If you miss the preorder period you are probably out of luck.

vilmer_

Sorry, this item can't be shipped to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order.

Amazon.com Int'l Sales, Inc.

It's hit or miss atm. Trying to load up on some systems and controllers and only the 3DS works. Not sure why DS4's aren't working though, I need a couple of these crystals.

The_Kid

Is there any way to change the shipping address from a forwarding station to an international address if I already have an order?

Impotaku

Don't they charge you duties when you purchase it from amazon jp? That's how mine usually works.

If i ordered direct from Amazon Japan and shipped direct to the uk then yeah i'd get charged import tax by DHL when it gets here.anything over £14 value would get hit with import tax here in the UK. But Amazon don't charge me any import duty up front it's all paid to the courier.

So instead i use tenso & I just change the customs value of my items to keep it below that threshold so they don't get taxed. Never been stopped at customs when i do it via tenso.

Top Bottom