• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon EU (.co.uk / .de / .it / .es) Black Friday / Cyber Monday Week Deals Page

Volcane

I was waiting to see how much Shadow of Morder was going to be, and it was sold out straight away. I will wait for the next Steam sale.

I was also keeping an eye on the Xbox deal, but it isn't that good a deal.

Saiyan-Rox

Lee evans collection 9.99 = me happy!

that's 3 things now south park (which I'm pissed off about) and blackgate....I need to stop buying but I can't stahp!

Quoting this to make fun of the Xbox bundle.
Woo over a tenner in savings!

No way in hell is that xbox bundle worth £481.07; http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00P8WA81G/

Blatant false advertising to make the upcoming reduction look better.

These are amazon prices

Xbox one console with COD:AW AND Forza 5 £329
Controller £34.85
12 months gold £38.49

total £402.34

If they were to reduce an already discounted bundle it would be value; but even £100 off £481.07 wouldn't be worth it.

Price is not bad! My italian is a bit rusty, so I couldn't spot any mention of any memory card being included, which they usually are in these bundles.. Did I miss something or does it not include one?

It probably doesn't. Box only says 1GB integrated memory and description is absent.

Ambitious

It disappeared literally the second it went live. Waitlist was full two seconds after that.

Wow. Well, it's no big deal. Still playing Destiny, haven't even opened FC4, and the Destiny extension is coming soon. When I will finally have time for Mordor, it will probably have dropped to that price permanently anyway.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Amazon being sneaky fucks. I was interested in the Adonit jot touch, which is normally £79.99. I know because I visited the page earlier today. Amazon just put it up at £59.99, marking it as 40% off. When I went to the product page, suddenly it is reduced from £94. It has never been £94 - even the third party sellers are all around £79. So it's a 25% reduction, not 40% you cheating sods.

Lol, down to 20% now!!! My god, I've never seen anything like that.

Seems to have stabilised at 20%. I just can't believe it, it takes like a second to look up bundles and see just how bad of a deal you're getting.

Amazon being sneaky fucks. I was interested in the Adonit jot touch, which is normally £79.99. I know because I visited the page earlier today. Amazon just put it up at £59.99, marking it as 40% off. When I went to the product page, suddenly it is reduced from £94. It has never been £94 - even the third party sellers are all around £79. So it's a 25% reduction, not 40% you cheating sods.

Disgusting.

I feel we should start screengrabbing before and after prices and kick up a fuss. Totally unacceptable to pull this BS.

Im not surprised that Amazon are doing this, Im surprised that people have only just noticed.

Its the reason sites like camelcamelcamel exist. Amazon are like Asda in a way, they put prices up immediately before and after a deal. They have been doing this for years.

Thats why you always have to check if an Amazon "deal" is really a deal.

Im not surprised that Amazon are doing this, Im surprised that people have only just noticed.

Its the reason sites like camelcamelcamel exist. Amazon are like Asda in a way, they put prices up immediately before and after a deal. They have been doing this for years.

I think it's again the law? I'm sure it has to have been at the price they quote for a significant period and I'm sure it's part of trading law in the Uk

I think it's again the law? I'm sure it has to have been at the price they quote for a significant period and I'm sure it's part of trading law in the Uk

I think you're right, but I'm sure amazon care for uk laws regarding that as much as they do the tax laws. Probably there's some loophole to do with distance selling over the internet or something.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Well I realised that Amazon usually discount products, so I went to the product oage earlier today to see what the current discount was, so I could better assess what the extra discount was really worth. But I didn't expect them to mark it up way beyond RRP.

One thing is for sure, Amazon hasn't been a retailer for deals for quite some time now. You get lucky ones here and there, but most of the time you could of gotten the item at similar price elsewhere.

The exception are these lightening deals but its clear how limited they are.

I buy from amazon because ease of returns and general customer service. Not because of their prices.

Also, third party sellers.

Saiyan-Rox

The tesco hudl tabs are far superior and only 30 notes more, less if you have clubcard points.

Only issue with those is Tesco is horrible when it comes to OS updates. saying that I don't know what Amazon is like with the kindle (since it runs off android but is highly themed)

driver116

Amazon really have been intolerable lately. Sick of their entitled TV ads for Fire tablet and smartphones and the stupid lets bundle VOD with next day delivery sub. I've stopped pre ordering with them as other sites have better prices and give free 1st class delivery (vs 3-5 day free delivery - ugh). And as I said earlier their entire gaming section home page is just one huge ass Xbone advert which just seems wrong.

Amazon really have been intolerable lately. Sick of their entitled TV ads for Fire tablet and smartphones and the stupid lets bundle VOD with next day delivery sub. I've stopped pre ordering with them as other sites have better prices and give free 1st class delivery (vs 3-5 day free delivery - ugh). And as I said earlier their entire gaming section home page is just one huge ass Xbone advert which just seems wrong.

How I swore the last time I tried to order something under £10, as if they charge for delivery. Fucking unbelievable.

thatgamecollection and ShopTo are my go to guys now.

H4r4kiri

Just a quick reminder.

Tomorrow on German Amazon:

Shadow of Mordor PS4/XONE
Evil Within PS4/XONE

And If you want to get the best Console available right now, you can get for a discount tomorrow at 12.pm. German time.

Steelseries H Wireless.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Only issue with those is Tesco is horrible when it comes to OS updates. saying that I don't know what Amazon is like with the kindle (since it runs off android but is highly themed)

Isn't kindle still on some bastardised version of jellybean, whereas the hill is almost stock kitkat with a bunch of tesco apps preloaded?

Just a quick reminder.

Tomorrow on German Amazon:

Shadow of Mordor PS4/XONE
Evil Within PS4/XONE

And If you want to get the best Console available right now, you can get for a discount tomorrow at 12.pm. German time.

Steelseries H Wireless.

what time?

any risk of these titles being censored?

I have a UK account, will I need to create a separate DE account? (I live in Sweden)

Top Bottom