• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon has PS4 for $89.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesoian

I am fully expecting an email from amazon later today telling me this listing has been cancelled. I'll keep the thread updated on what happens.

CoG

Just ordered and it went through. Must be a mistake. I am going to cancel.

OgKtxMD.png

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
Bought, now lets play the waiting game. I love amazon. even if this turns out to be fake or a scam, I know I will not get burned in the end.

MaxiLive

Amzon lol. Bye bye everyones $90! I can't see any of these being shipped and if so there will be something very dodgy with them! Playsation 4

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even see how this scam is supposed to work, you're going to get your money back via Amazon and presumably Amazon is not going to let someone just "disappear" and not get their money from them.

Otherwise it would be so easy to do this stuff on purpose with people you know and basically steal money from Amazon (or even do it yourself).

Chû Totoro;139392781 said:
CC info going everywhere lol

Money goes through Amazon doesn't it? They don't get any of your info except the shipping details?

Camjo-Z

What if this guy is really just some millionaire who wants to make people happy by selling PS4s at a loss? You'd all feel pretty silly then, huh!

Mesoian

Bought, now lets play the waiting game. I love amazon. even if this turns out to be fake or a scam, I know I will not get burned in the end.

Right? That's why I'm okay with letting this ride.

LOL, does Amazon have buyer protection on their 3rd party sellers like Google has though?

Yes. And like Ebay, it's almost universally on the side of the buyer, not the seller (Which makes actually selling things on Amazon a bit annoying).

I don't even see how this scam is supposed to work, you're going to get your money back via Amazon and presumably Amazon is not going to let someone just "disappear" and not get their money from them.

Otherwise it would be so easy to do this stuff on purpose with people you know and basically steal money from Amazon.

Do third party sellers get your full Address, Name and CC info? maybe thats the point.

If they do, have fun cancelling your credit card.

This is probably one of those scams just to get the CC information though isn't it? Seems like we get these every year around this time.

Grief.exe

If it were fulfilled by Amazon, I might bite. The 3rd part retailer is in charge of shipping the product, and they wont.

This is probably one of those scams just to get the CC information though isn't it? Seems like we get these every year around this time.

Amazon has that info, not the retailer.

kulapik

Well...I clicked the button.

Let's see what ACTUALLY happens.

Put an order in, what's the worst that could happen?

Placed an order but I guarantee they end up cancelling these.

I am fully expecting an email from amazon later today telling me this listing has been cancelled. I'll keep the thread updated on what happens.

Just ordered and it went through. Must be a mistake. I am going to cancel.

OgKtxMD.png

Hope y'all didn't need those $90

E92 M3

I'd buy it too, but I am more concerned about the identity information more than financial. Amazon will return all the money anyway.

They do not, No.

Amazon serves as the intermediary, similar to a paypal.

I sell on Amazon, and they provide the shipping address + name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom