• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD Black Friday week deals *Updating with BF deals

Catshade

Can anyone confirm that Civ V Gods and Kings key can be redeemed outside the US? I've heard previously that the vanilla Civ V (and maybe the GOTY, I'm not sure) key can only be redeemed from a US IP.

Still no Guild Wars 2? That surprises me honestly.

EDIT: And I strongly recommend Saint's Row The Third for that price! Really fun game, I just had to mention it.

dani_dc

I always wondered, do the games in these classic packs look/play better than ROMs/emulated versions on the PC?

These classic packs are just ROM's and emulators. They can be played with or without filters, and include save states as well.

What are the chances of Dark Souls dropping to $15 or $10 again at Christmas? I could get it now, but I don't want to play it until I get home in December and am able to use my 360 controller. That is unless it's playable with mouse and keyboard. For most games that works fine for me, but for this I'm not as convinced.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I got:
Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile
Hell Yeah
THQ six pack with some of the DLC for Space Marine and Red Faction Armageddon that was discounted with the main game
Saints Row 3 with the season pass

My backlog just gets bigger and bigger...

Deadbeat

Banned
Is Alpha Prime a steam activated?

edit:
No, it's a direct download -- no key is provided. I made this very mistake earlier in the year, and it's an easy one to make, too, as Amazon labels DD games as either "Online Game Code" or "Download", with there being no overly clear distinction between the two (some "Download" games offer keys and some "Online Game Code" games can be downloaded), so unless account activation is listed as a requirement, you can't be sure if you'll receive a key when purchasing the former.
well that sucks. Thanks for the info.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Bought Sonic 4 Episode 2. It came with a Steam key.
Worth it? I played Ep. 1 on Wii, and while not a bad game, the physics felt weird and all the levels were remakes from Sonic 1 & 2.

And if I pick up Ep. 2, I should also grab the previous one so I can get the bonus level.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Alpha Prime a steam activated?

No, it's a direct download -- no key is provided. I made this very mistake earlier in the year, and it's an easy one to make, too, as Amazon labels DD games as either "Online Game Code" or "Download", with there being no overly clear distinction between the two (some "Download" games offer keys and some "Online Game Code" games can be downloaded), so unless account activation is listed as a requirement, you can't be sure if you'll receive a key when purchasing the former.

Still no Guild Wars 2? That surprises me honestly.

EDIT: And I strongly recommend Saint's Row The Third for that price! Really fun game, I just had to mention it.

I think there's going to be a discount of some sort on GW2 but it was like a $10 credit or something. Given what I assume are the economics of selling an MMO without subscription or significant IAP I don't expect a rapid price decline.

KissVibes

Banned
Steam's Autumn/Thanksgiving Sale should begin later this week.

Good to hear. I might buy BF3 premium but some other stuff like Dark Souls I can wait until it's cheaper. So I'm really pulling for some awesome sales. Really, really want to catch a deal on Chivalry and Natural Selection 2.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I read somewhere that it's optimized for AMD hardware bro!

Edit: When you launch the game a in game promo for "Gaming Evolve AMD" appears, so no there's no issue with AMD
No, Saints Row: The Third and Binary Domain are the only two games I've played that don't run acceptably well on my AMD hardware. Out of the two, SR3 runs worse.

fallagin

I have everything in the thq medley except space marine and homefront and I don't really care about that game so much. I hope that they set space marine for 5$ soon because I think it would be a waste to get this.

Sober

Yeah, pretty sure there will be more if they were expecting it to last to the end of the week.

I think a lot of people were using G&K going on sale for an excuse to start Civ5'ing again. I know I probably am, wished I grabbed it earlier.

Tony said Kingdoms of Amalur was going on sale like a month ago, did I miss that or was he a liar!

I will probably get Sleeping Dawgs for 19.99, I don't think it has been cheaper before.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Tony said Kingdoms of Amalur was going on sale like a month ago, did I miss that or was he a liar!

I will probably get Sleeping Dawgs for 19.99, I don't think it has been cheaper before.

You missed it. But it's a repeat of that Friday-only deal, so you're good

Top Bottom