• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD Black Friday week deals *Updating with BF deals

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gods & Kings jumps in price too, I don't really get it

(seems like it went up because the Mac version was cheaper, it was just luck that it was Steamworks)

Miletius

Yeah, Civ V: Gods and Kings aint coming back methinks, not at $ 7.50. Although isn't it cheaper to just buy GOTY and get Civ V and G&K now? Maybe that'll prompt them to reduce it a bit in price.

ShaneB

Yeah, Civ V: Gods and Kings aint coming back methinks, not at $ 7.50. Although isn't it cheaper to just buy GOTY and get Civ V and G&K now? Maybe that'll prompt them to reduce it a bit in price.

Don't say that man! I have faith it'll come back so I can buy it at 7.50 :(

Calidor

*weeps*

guess I'll wait for the steam sales then... I have a huge backlog so no big deal

Miker

Max Payne 3 :-/

XCOM :-/

Maybe Steam will be the one to fire shots this time around. They haven't lit a fire under anybody's ass in a while, though.

bengraven

Fuck.

When Dead Island GOTY hits 6.49, someone private message me. I don't want to miss it like I did the last time it was on sale!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
FYI, Amazon's Inversion keys are region-locked to the US and VPNs recently stopped working with Steam, so it's a no-go for international customers.

Edit: Exhibit A:
inver1p5ogg.jpg

inver2d1r4u.jpg
inver33lrae.jpg

(Yes, it is in fact "available for purchase" here.)

Jawmuncher

Max payne for 20?
No thanks. If I don't get a deal for less than 15 i'm just gonna grab it on consoles.
Since it's easily floating for 10 bucks over there.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Just want to confirm, but aren't Civilization 5, GOTY, all DLC as well as Gods & Kings Steamworks no matter what? (Regarding Take Two sale)

Pretty sure they are.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Max payne for 20?
No thanks. If I don't get a deal for less than 15 i'm just gonna grab it on consoles.
Since it's easily floating for 10 bucks over there.

The deal here is that you get the season pass. Which is probably nothing anyway unless you're really into its MP mode

Jawmuncher

The deal here is that you get the season pass. Which is probably nothing anyway unless you're really into its MP mode

Yeah thats the thing I could care less about the MP here so for me the deal just adds on needless price for something im never going to touch.

Shaneus

Thanks for posting all the deals. Very helpful.

All together, the five Genesis packs add up to 50 games. If this is what you've got, then you already have all the Genesis pack games (plus more) if you got every volume. At a glance, the Genesis collection has nothing you'd be missing.
The one I have has 46, which corresponds with the one mentioned on that Wikipedia page. I can't be arsed doing the calculations, but assuming the emulation and the features (ie. none) are the same, then I'll give it a miss, for sure.

Unless those four are REALLY something, but I can't be bothered working those out.

Thanks for posting that link, though!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Call of Juarez (1) is listed as Steam. Is this confirmed? I don't see any mention on the sales page.

Had to answer this from the road but only CoJ: The Cartel says requires Steam on the store page, so don't think so.

FYI, Amazon's Inversion keys are region-locked to the US and VPNs recently stopped working with Steam, so it's a no-go for international customers.

Does this happen only on Inversion Amazon Keys?

I am an international customer, and was thinking about buying some stuff (like BioShock Dual Pack, Max Payne, etc).

marrec

Banned
Somebody sell me on Binary Domain. Go!

Binary Domain has some of the most strategic 3rd person combat you'll ever play, and has an attitude that can only be described as 'Early 2000's SEGA'. The story and characters and set pieces are all over the top in the best way and you get to yell at your computer.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does this happen only on Inversion Amazon Keys?

I am an international customer, and was thinking about buying some stuff (like BioShock Dual Pack, Max Payne, etc).

Just Inversion and the odd 2K game (e.g. Mafia 2), to my knowledge.

Bread

Banned
so why is civilization v listed as unavailable on amazon? i assume the mac version is the one i want to buy since that's 7.50...

ok i see on the previous page that they ran out of keys, does the GOTY edition come with the pc key as well?

KScorp

so why is civilization v listed as unavailable on amazon? i assume the mac version is the one i want to buy since that's 7.50...

ok i see on the previous page that they ran out of keys, does the GOTY edition come with the pc key as well?

Just got the GOTY edition and Gods and Kings. They both came with Steam keys. EDIT: And it's installing fine on my Windows machine.

If I'm reading correctly, only the Korea Civ DLC and Wonders of the Ancient World DLC are not included with either GOTY or Gods and Kings, correct?
Edit: Yeah, GOTY doesn't include Korea Civ DLC or Wonders of the Ancient World DLC.

Aw, I missed the Spec Ops deal on Greenmangaming earlier, suppose I should wait for the Gamefly one.

Also, I do not see the Max Payne 3 + Season Pass, it is gone already or something?

Game Guru

I had bought the Sega Genesis Classic Game Pack as well as Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic 2... I got to say that they've all been pretty good games so far, but then I'm a Genesis fan. I also got Sonic CD and it is better than the version that is in Sonic Gems Collection by far. Apparently, all I needed to be able to love was for its Spin Dash to be more in line with Sonic 2 & Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Shaneus

Oh BTW, there are about 10 different games between the Genesis/MD collection on Steam and the one on Amazon. I'm not sure which ones, but all I did was copy everything in the "data" folder from the Amazon one into the Steam one and I had 56 games :) (the Steam one on it's own is only 46)

Don't ask me what they were, though. I think some were from pack 5, but there are others as well. But probably worth spending the fiver for completionists among us.

Top Bottom