• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD Black Friday week deals *Updating with BF deals

Shaneus

Does Saint's Row The Third have any issue with AMD hardware?
Ahahaha
I read somewhere that it's optimized for AMD hardware bro!

Edit: When you launch the game a in game promo for "Gaming Evolve AMD" appears, so no there's no issue with AMD
Bahahahahaha
Cool, thanks again bro :p
Yeah, I'd be wary about that. Single GPU might be okay (only okay, nowhere near nVidia performance) but >1 GPU, you will wish death upon Volition, just as I do.
There are forum posts from A YEAR AGO that talk about them "looking into it" and "working with AMD", yet there has not been a genuine performance fix since it came out.
I hate that game with a fucking passion.
No, Saints Row: The Third and Binary Domain are the only two games I've played that don't run acceptably well on my AMD hardware. Out of the two, SR3 runs worse.
Binary Domain can be run somewhat acceptably with some tweaking SR3 can NEVER be run. I don't even think I've had it run at 60fps flat even on low detail. Somehow, Sleeping Dogs runs like a fucking dream on my rig.

Fucking Volition.

fallagin

Ok I think I'm decided on what I'm getting

dark souls,
stalker call of pripyat
syndicate
dark messiah m&m
and maybe saints row 3 but I'm kind of waiting for 5$ since I have a crazy backlog.

Shaneus

Hey, can anyone tell me what the difference might be in those five Genesis packs and the pack I have, the "Sega Mega Drive Classics Collection"? I think I paid about the same, but I can't help but think they've added more games since I bought my one.

VandalD

Thanks for posting all the deals. Very helpful.

Hey, can anyone tell me what the difference might be in those five Genesis packs and the pack I have, the "Sega Mega Drive Classics Collection"? I think I paid about the same, but I can't help but think they've added more games since I bought my one.
All together, the five Genesis packs add up to 50 games. If this is what you've got, then you already have all the Genesis pack games (plus more) if you got every volume. At a glance, the Genesis collection has nothing you'd be missing.

Jawmuncher

Binary Domain only for me.
I'd be interested in Condemned or Space Marine if they were seperate really hate the bundles since I dont want the stuff I wont play.

Didn't feel like searching but gameflys on the 23 is having a slae (With a lot of the titles being steamworks or origin)
http://slickdeals.net/f/5525700-Upc...t-Wanted-20-Torchlight-2-12-more-Starts-11-23

Coupon code NOV20OFF = 20% off everything (prices listed are before 20% off)

Battlefield Premium [gamefly.com] $29.99 - 11/23 only
Borderlands 2 [gamefly.com] $44.99
Command And Conquer Ultimate Collection [gamefly.com] $24.99
Darksiders II [gamefly.com] $16.99
Darksiders II Season Pass Dlc [gamefly.com] $6.80
Dishonored [gamefly.com]$29.99
Doom 3 BFG [gamefly.com] $14.99
Endless Space - Admiral Edition [gamefly.com] $20.09
Fallout New Vegas UE [gamefly.com] $14.99
FIFA 13 $19.99
Hotline Miami [gamefly.com] $7.49 - 11/23-24 only
Kingdoms Of Amalur Reckoning [gamefly.com] $7.99 - 11/23 Only
Mafia II [gamefly.com] $7.49
Mass Effect Trilogy [gamefly.com] $29.99
Medal Of Honor Warfighter [gamefly.com] $29.99 - 11/23 only
Need For Speed Most Wanted [gamefly.com] $24.99 - 11/23 only
Sims 3 Refresh [gamefly.com] $14.99
Sims 3 Seasons [gamefly.com] $19.99
Sims 3 Supernatural [gamefly.com] $19.99
Skyrim [gamefly.com]$29.99
Sleeping Dogs Digital Edition [gamefly.com] $24.99
Spec Ops: The Line [gamefly.com] $7.49
Syndicate [gamefly.com]$4.99
The Darkness II [gamefly.com] $7.49
Torchlight 2 [gamefly.com] $14.99
Two Worlds 2: Goty - Pirates Of The Flying Fortress Edition [gamefly.com] $9.99 - 11/23 only
Xcom: Enemy Unknown [gamefly.com] $44.99

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
List updated. <-- Full list of ongoing Amazon sale games which give Steam keys.

According to this thread the following two should be Steamworks titles, so added but still need confirmation:

This Amazon BF sale bundle has three Steam activated titles. You might be interested in adding it, xelios.

• Viva Big Bundle of Games: $8.99
    • Airline Tycoon Deluxe
    • Alter Ego
    • Angel Code
    • Cargo - The Quest for Gravity
    • Crazy Machines: New From The Lab
    • Grand Ages Rome
    • Helldorado
    • Mata Hari
    • STORM Frontline Nation
    • Shadow Harvest: Phantom Ops

Just a heads up to anyone interested/keeping track: I picked up Blades of Time Special Edition and it DOES activate on Steam, even though the page doesn't mention it. Guessing the regular version does, too.

dorkimoe

missed saints row 3 AGAIN, dang it!

last time steam had it on sale, i had to go to class or something and didnt have time to buy it. got home and it was gone. Now i missed it on amazon :(

AlexBasch

I think I'll finall bite on Binary Domain.

One more question, has anyone tried to buy a online code for PSN cards by buying outside the US? I know it works with PC Games since I have been doing it since last year, but I wonder if it's any different for PSN cards. Can anyone help me out?

Uthred

I think I'll finall bite on Binary Domain.

One more question, has anyone tried to buy a online code for PSN cards by buying outside the US? I know it works with PC Games since I have been doing it since last year, but I wonder if it's any different for PSN cards. Can anyone help me out?

Works fine (I've picked up 3 $50 in the last two months and I live in Ireland), throw one in your basket, go to the checkout, at the last step it will say you need a US address, at the bottom right of the screen theres an option to change billing address, click on that, throw in a US address (pick a state that doesnt charge tax on Amazon e.g. Ohio or Illinois), checkout. You get the key (and its added to your Amazon game library). You can then change back to your old/proper billing address. So just like buying a game really.

You want the ones that say online code in the title, i.e. the $20 - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RMK4BC/?tag=neogaf0e-20 and $50 - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RMK4P8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

AlexBasch

Works fine (I've picked up 3 $50 in the last two months and I live in Ireland), throw one in your basket, go to the checkout, at the last step it will say you need a US address, at the bottom right of the screen theres an option to change billing address, click on that, throw in a US address (pick a state that doesnt charge tax on Amazon e.g. Ohio or Illinois), checkout. You get the key (and its added to your Amazon game library). You can then change back to your old/proper billing address. So just like buying a game really.

You want the ones that say online code in the title, i.e. the $20 - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RMK4BC/?tag=neogaf0e-20 and $50 - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RMK4P8/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Awesome stuff, good sir, very appreciated. :)

Meier

Gods and Kings is saying $7.49 for the Mac download but $29.99 for the PC download. Does anyone know what's up with that? Can I download the "Mac" version since I assume it's just a Steam code that works cross-platform?

It seems like a review of the Mac download indicates that I should be fine but I wanted to see if anyone in the thread has done it. Thanks!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Gods and Kings is saying $7.49 for the Mac download but $29.99 for the PC download. Does anyone know what's up with that? Can I download the "Mac" version since I assume it's just a Steam code that works cross-platform?

Already been confirmed earlier in this thread, and I can confirm it worked for me too.

Meier

Already been confirmed earlier in this thread, and I can confirm it worked for me too.

Great, thanks! I figured that was the case but wanted to get a GAF confirmation -- hadn't checked the thread and saw it on the charts on Amazon and got super excited. Glad I waited!

Oh, it says this item is currently unavailable. =(

This is why I hate the Red Sox, because curt shillings company goes bankrupt and now I am forced to buy koa on origin. :(

I actually hate them because of jimmy Fallon and Fever Pitch

xelios

Stated by Amazon representative but still unconfirmed/no link given:

Amazon Rep said:
Also Black Friday will include this bundle for $7.49:
  • Victoria Franchise
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • King Arthur Collection
  • King Arthur II
  • Achtung Panzer 1943
  • Gettysburg Armored Warfare
We'll have Steam keys for the games that have Steam counterparts (I think). Need to check with Paradox.

Amazon Rep said:
Quick note, I'll be dropping the Rockstar/Take 2 updates sometime around 11/21.

i just bought sims 3 seasons last week. on day one. two of them actually because i gave one to my mom for her bday. now its $20 instead of $40. ha. unreal. who wouldve guessed it would be 50% off less than a week later.

xelios

THQ Medley is out and Saint's Row related sales seem to be over, or at least reduced to only 50% off.

Clydefrog

All these great deals. I could buy buy buy but I already have a backlog. Also, I think the Gaben inside of me is saying "wait until Steam Holiday sale!!"

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
From Joystiq:

Take Two Black Friday digital deals on Amazon:

XCOM ENEMY UNKNOWN
$37.49 (-25%)

NBA BASKETBALL 2K13
$22.49 (-25%)

BORDERLANDS 2
$29.99 (-50%)

Civilization V Complete Pack (GOTY plus Gods and Kings)
$19.99 (-75%)

Civilization V Cradle of Civilization Americas
$0.75 (-75%)

Civilization V Cradle of Civilization Asia
$0.75 (-75%)

Civilization V Cradle of Civilization Mediterranean
$0.75 (-75%)

Civilization V Cradle of Civilization Mesopotamia
$0.75 (-75%)

Civilization V Explorers Map Pack DLC
$1.25 (-75%)

Civilization V GOTY
$12.50 (-75%)

Civilization V: Civilization and Scenario Pack: Korea
$1.25 (-75%)

Civilization V: Korea and Ancient World Combo Pack
$1.87 (-75%)

Civilization V: Wonders of the Ancient World Scenario Pack
$1.25 (-75%)

Sid Meier's Civilization V Babylon Nebuchadnezzar II DLC
$1.25 (-75%)

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization
$5.00 (-75%)

Sid Meiers Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - Steam version
$7.50 (-75%)

Sid Meiers Civilization IV: The Complete Edition bundle
$7.50 (-75%)

Sid Meier's Civilization V
$7.50 (-75%)

Civ V Gods and Kings
$20.09 (-33%)

Bioshock
$5.00 (-75%)

Bioshock - Steam Version
$5.00 (-75%)

Bioshock 2
$5.00 (-75%)

Bioshock 2 - Steam Version
$5.00 (-75%)

Bioshock Dual Pack
$4.99 (-88%)

Bioshock Dual Pack - Steam
$4.99 (-88%)

Max Payne 3 Complete Bundle – Contains MP3+Season Pass
$19.99

MAX PAYNE 3
$30.00

MAX PAYNE 3 SEASON PASS
$15.00

GTA IV
$5.00

GTA IV COMPLETE EDITION (IV+EP PACK)
$7.50

GTA - SAN ANDREAS
$3.75

LA NOIRE
$5.00

LA NOIRE COMPLETE
$7.50

LA NOIRE DLC - SEASON PASS
$3.00

GTA IV CE, LAN CE, GTA SAN ANDREAS BUNDLE
$14.99

xelios

Nice. I'll wait for more confirmation before adding them to my posts since they're a while away yet.

Top Bottom