• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Sye d'Burns

Ok. What do those song DLC's add to the game? What do songs do in the game?

They provide ambiance.

It's worth noting that the paradox packs do not include the sword of islam expansion pack, along with the african unit pack and songs of caliph. It's to be expected, I guess, since those just came out a couple of days ago.

Still, I'm glad to see Toma get a chance at this game so soon since I spent yesterday afternoon extolling its virtues to him on steam.

I bought it on June 10 and I've put in close to 150 hours already. Not since Civ 2 has a game made me pull multiple all-nighters.

For anyone on the fence about Crusader Kings 2, read this Let's Play on something awful forums. The first two chapters go over a lot of general info but the story gets going around chapter 3. It's a very entertaining, and informative, read.

Ledsen

They provide ambiance.

It's worth noting that the paradox packs do not include the sword of islam expansion pack, along with the african unit pack and songs of caliph. It's to be expected, I guess, since those just came out a couple of days ago.

Still, I'm glad to see Toma get a chance at this game so soon since I spent yesterday afternoon extolling its virtues to him on steam.

I bought it on June 10 and I've put in close to 150 hours already. Not since Civ 2 has a game made me pull multiple all-nighters.

For anyone on the fence about Crusader Kings 2, read this Let's Play on something awful forums. The first two chapters go over a lot of general info but the story gets going around chapter 3. It's a very entertaining, and informative, read.

It's indeed a great, great game. The gameplay systems are more transparent than other Paradox games so anyone can get into it. It gets really dramatic when you're playing a person instead of a country.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
They provide ambiance.

Ah right, I somehow thought they are included. Hm. Maybe Steam has a small sale on the DLC then.

Ledsen

Ah right, I somehow thought they are included. Hm. Maybe Steam has a small sale on the DLC then.

The only DLC you want is Sword of Islam, since it adds muslim countries to play as. And even those can wait until you've played for tons and tons of hours with the vanilla (Catholic) countries. There are no other DLCs that add actual gameplay features except arguably Ruler Creator (which seems pretty pointless to me).

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The only DLC you want is Sword of Islam, since it adds muslim countries to play as. And even those can wait until you've played for tons and tons of hours with the vanilla (Catholic) countries. There are no other DLCs that add actual gameplay features except arguably Ruler Creator (which seems pretty pointless to me).

So the DLC doesnt add anything to the base game when playing a non muslim country? Like changes in AI, units etc for your muslim opponents or something?

Sye d'Burns

So the DLC doesnt add anything to the base game when playing a non muslim country? Like changes in AI, units etc for your muslim opponents or something?

All of that was included in the 1.06 patch. The DLC just allows you to play the islamic countries. They did it this way to keep the mp games compatible.

Ledsen

Nope, all that stuff was added in a patch to the base game, (which is really unlike Paradox btw).

XEROWUN

Neo Member
FYI guys, I'm about 10 feet under water today so I can't go back and quote everyone who asked.

I just got sign of from Paradox to re-issue Steam Keys via email for Victoria II and Sword of the Stars Complete Collection to everyone who purchased the original Plentiful Paradox Package.

We'll likely deliver these via email, since it is a Friday though it probably won't happen until early next week. I'm hoping to have emails out before the holiday though (4th of July).

Cheers,
Tony

holy crap, that's amazing, definitely above and beyond whats expected of you tony, appreciate your hard work!

Toma

All of that was included in the 1.06 patch. The DLC just allows you to play the islamic countries. They did it this way to keep the mp games compatible.

Nope, all that stuff was added in a patch to the base game, (which is really unlike Paradox btw).

Ah neat. Well after countless hours in EU3 I still have yet to play a muslimic country, so I dont think it bothers me too much atm. Thanks for the replies :)

kaskade

Quick question (I'm new to PC gaming) when the games say steam version does that mean I just buy the game through amazon and use the code on steam and it downloads through that?

Neiteio

Quick question (I'm new to PC gaming) when the games say steam version does that mean I just buy the game through amazon and use the code on steam and it downloads through that?
Yep. The Amazon page (also under your Amazon account) will give you a code you copy/paste into a drop-down menu on the Steam browser that reads "Add games to Steam," and there should be some sort of code redemption option, I believe. Simply copy/paste the code, the download starts and it's added to your library like any other Steam game. :)

CatPee

Yep. Just use the redeem code function on Steam, paste it in, and you're good to go.

kaskade

Ok, easy enough thanks guys. I bought the Dragon Age games which have the codes and stuff so I know where that is. It's nice to know that some of the games can be used that way. It is nice to have a one library kind of thing going on.

Ledsen

Ok, easy enough thanks guys. I bought the Dragon Age games which have the codes and stuff so I know where that is. It's nice to know that some of the games can be used that way. It is nice to have a one library kind of thing going on.

I've got some bad news for you...

bengraven

God, I keep putting Borderlands GOTY edition to the side.

Might pick it up and the Bioshock compilation (unless I can get just part 1 dirt cheap).

thecheese

The DA games activate through Steam?

kamspy

Hey Tony, I'm having a ton of trouble with a refund on a digital game. Can you help me out? Support has done nothing. Said they'd email, never have. It's been months. I honestly think it's a problem of the customer support people not understanding how to give a refund on a digital item. Amazon has always been great to me. So I just chalked this up to the game DD system being relatively new.

I'd given up hope, but since you're here and all, I figured it was worth a shot.

The DA games activate through Steam?

I think Origins and Awakening only activate on Steam if you buy them on through Steam. At least you can still buy DA:O directly through Steam but DA2 isn't on Steam anymore and only on Origin. Most EA games you can activate through Origin.

Hey Tony, I'm having a ton of trouble with a refund on a digital game. Can you help me out? Support has done nothing. Said they'd email, never have. It's been months. I honestly think it's a problem of the customer support people not understanding how to give a refund on a digital item. Amazon has always been great to me. So I just chalked this up to the game DD system being relatively new.

I'd given up hope, but since you're here and all, I figured it was worth a shot.

Hmm weird. I can't issue refunds (like I don't have access to whatever system does that). Did you call CS, email or chat?

What I'd recommend is emailing/chatting if you haven't.

Mind giving me some context? What are you trying to get a refund for and why?

Cheers,
Tony

kamspy

Hmm weird. I can't issue refunds (like I don't have access to whatever system does that). Did you call CS, email or chat?

What I'd recommend is emailing/chatting if you haven't.

Mind giving me some context? What are you trying to get a refund for and why?

Cheers,
Tony

Yes, I've went through all the regular channels for support. They all seemed confused.

Game is Homefront. Returning because I'm vehemently unhappy with the product. Reason I buy games from Amazon so much now is because I read that they actually let you return goods! (almost like a real store!)

amrod

Yes, I've went through all the regular channels for support. They all seemed confused.

Game is Homefront. Returning because I'm vehemently unhappy with the product. Reason I buy games from Amazon so much now is because I read that they actually let you return goods! (almost like a real store!)

You bought and played a game and now want to return it?

how often does amazon change over their gaming deals? daily?

i would've snapped dead space up 2 in a heartbeat for $5-$10 had i known. looks like i've got yet another place to check regularly for deals.

kamspy

You bought and played a game and now want to return it?

Yeah. I once bought a drill and used it, didn't like and returned it. Hell, I've returned tons of used items. ;) You know that big counter at the front of big box stores? That's actually what they do there. Stores tend to stand by the product they sell, and there's this policy that allows one to return items which are not satisfactory. It's been around for a while. You should look into it. Here's a hint (kinda like the hidden spider one the $1 bill), find a receipt from any store. Read the back of it. There's this thing called a "Return Policy". It allows you to return items that do not work as advertised, or even just not to your satisfaction. I thought this was common knowledge....At least you learned something on GAF today. :)

Amazon has done it before with boxed PC games for me. From my perspective I thought it was common knowledge that they treated their digital customer like retail customers. The time I returned a Steamworks game it was simply removed from my Steam account shortly after sending pack the box.

Oh and check my post history Tony. I was one of Amazon's biggest DD cheerleaders here on GAF when the service took off. I'm not anti amazon at all. Just anti-stupid comments like the one I quoted. :p I've already chalked it up to poorly trained CS (first time it's happened to me at Amazon, but with over 1,000 purchases, I'll take those odds), but if you can do something for me, well, Amazon will be back up to 100% awesome for me (up from 98%).

Yeah. Amazon has done it before with boxed PC games for me. From my perspective I thought it was common knowledge that they treated their digital customer like retail customers. The time I returned a Steamworks game it was simply removed from my Steam account shortly after sending pack the box.

Amazing. I heard Steam don't give refunds or the sort.

If the product isn't working or doesn't run on your machine I can see the CS group issuing a refund. If you just don't like the game though...I don't think we'd issue a refund there. Especially on a game like Homefront, we can't revoke the key there because you already own it on your Steam library. Sorry man.

how often does amazon change over their gaming deals? daily?

i would've snapped dead space up 2 in a heartbeat for $5-$10 had i known. looks like i've got yet another place to check regularly for deals.

Good question.

We run a deal of the week each week.

It is prominently merchandised on our DVG homepage - www.amazon.com/gamedownloads

or you can navigate there from the homepage of amazon.com in multiple places.

We also run large scale events with hundreds of products on sale almost every month.

Cheers,
Tony

Derrick01

Banned
Yeah. Amazon has done it before with boxed PC games for me. From my perspective I thought it was common knowledge that they treated their digital customer like retail customers. The time I returned a Steamworks game it was simply removed from my Steam account shortly after sending pack the box.

I tried this with ME3 and I was told by a customer service person it isn't their policy to take back digital games especially after they're played.

Amazing. I heard Steam don't give refunds or the sort.

I'll follow up with the physical team on this...but I'm not sure how we'd revoke a game from your Steam library, we don't have a relationship with Valve to do so.

Stay tuned though, I'll let you know what I learn.

Can you tell me when and what game you returned to us so I know who to ask?

Cheers,
Tony

kamspy

Yep. Kane and Lynch 2 Dog Days.

About a week after mailing it back, it was gone from my Steam library. Wasn't the first time a refunded item was taken off. The THQ store took Saints Row 2 off my steam account.

I think it's automated when you process the return through your distributor.

I tried this with ME3 and I was told by a customer service person it isn't their policy to take back digital games especially after they're played.

I never download Homefront from Amazon, fwiw.

Yep. Kane and Lynch 2 Dog Days.

About a week after mailing it back, it was gone from my Steam library. Wasn't the first time a refunded item was taken off. The THQ store took Saints Row 2 off my steam account.

I think it's automated when you process the return through your distributor.

I never download Homefront from Amazon, fwiw.

Roger, let me shoot an email to the guys who would have worked on those accounts. I'll get back to you.

I know that, on the digital side, we have no way to revoke stuff from a Steam account, I'm interested to hear how they do it.

Cheers,
Tony

Ok. What do those song DLC's add to the game? What do songs do in the game?

Most of the CKII DLCs aren't anything to write home about. The songs are just that, some extra music tracks, and the faces are just something for the ruler creator DLC. I think Sword of Islam is the most substantial add-on for it so far, since it adds the appropriate gameplay systems for Muslim kings.

Hanzou

Just got the email for the steam keys of sword of the stars an victoria 2. Wow you guys are great. I wa goin to ask you last night if you would give the early adopters these keys but thought there would be no chance. Checked this thread today and see that not onlydid you issue out keys but got them to me already.

Great work. Really like what amazon is doing in the digital market.

kamspy

Mine sounded confused, and said she would work on it. Just press the issue. First thing to do is get off Tier 1 help. Just repeat ESCALATE ad nausseum and they'll finally send you to a human. Usually one who speaks English as a first language. I've just started dong that with all phone support. I give them my name and proceed to repeat "escalate" like a little child until they are sick of me and escalate it. Hey, if it works...

Amazon is a good company who, IME, has stood by everything they sold me. Push for the refund. The CS people I talked too
Roger, let me shoot an email to the guys who would have worked on those accounts. I'll get back to you.

I know that, on the digital side, we have no way to revoke stuff from a Steam account, I'm interested to hear how they do it.

Cheers,
Tony

Well like I said, it seemed pretty automated both times. Even easier on the digital front since you've got access to the key.

Tess3ract

Banned
We don't have Galactic Civilizations 2, not even sure what that one is. I'm surprised you can't find CKII though...it comes up fine for me, what are you typing in?

http://www.galciv2.com/index.aspx

It's a very good series imo. Talk to Stardock, if they're still around even after that whole gamestop buyout of Impulse.

The Saboteur performed "ok" it didn't crush but it wasn't a failure. I'm trying to work it into a $14.99 EA bundle.

I had already bought Mafia 2 at the time you had a sale, but $5 to the saboteur? Aww come on...

My problem with these sales is I don't even know when you have em!

Could you do some sales on games like these praychance (if you have them, I think you have disk versions at least):

Settlers 7 Gold
Red Faction Armageddon
Divinity 2 Dragon Knight Saga
Blood Bowl Legendary
Sniper Elite V2 or similar sniper games
Lost Planet 1
Two Worlds 2
Cities XL series
Dead Rising 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2 vietnam
Disciples III games
Hunted The Demon Forge
Blur
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Binary Domain
King Arthur 2
Game of Thrones Genesis
Stronghold 3
Risen and/or risen 2
Heroes of Might and Magic 6
Alice the Madness Returns
Shoot Many Robots
ANNO series (maybe anno 2070?)
Dreamkiller

I dunno those are the games I'd like to get the most but have held back in case they went on sale D:

http://www.galciv2.com/index.aspx

It's a very good series imo. Talk to Stardock, if they're still around even after that whole gamestop buyout of Impulse.

I had already bought Mafia 2 at the time you had a sale, but $5 to the saboteur? Aww come on...

My problem with these sales is I don't even know when you have em!

Could you do some sales on games like these praychance (if you have them, I think you have disk versions at least):

Settlers 7 Gold
Red Faction Armageddon
Divinity 2 Dragon Knight Saga
Blood Bowl Legendary
Sniper Elite V2 or similar sniper games
Lost Planet 1
Two Worlds 2
Cities XL series
Dead Rising 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2 vietnam
Disciples III games
Hunted The Demon Forge
Blur
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Binary Domain
King Arthur 2
Game of Thrones Genesis
Stronghold 3
Risen and/or risen 2
Heroes of Might and Magic 6
Alice the Madness Returns
Shoot Many Robots
ANNO series (maybe anno 2070?)
Dreamkiller

I dunno those are the games I'd like to get the most but have held back in case they went on sale D:

Good questions:

Settlers 7 Gold - This will likely happen in August
Red Faction Armageddon - We've had this for $5 like 10 times, it will be in a $14.99 THQ pack with:

1. Nexuiz
2. Red Faction Armageddon
3. Red Faction Armageddon Path to War DLC
4. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
5. Darksiders
6. Metro 2033

in a couple of weeks I'd look for it there.

Divinity 2 Dragon Knight Saga - We just sold this, with a steam version for $5.99, I'm working on doing this again soon.

Blood Bowl Legendary - Just sold this for $9.99 working on it again soon as well

Sniper Elite V2 or similar sniper games - Haven't looked at promoting this but will

Lost Planet 1 -Haven't looked at promoting this but will

Two Worlds 2 - Don't carry this yeat
Cities XL series - We promote this all the time, will let you know when we do again
Dead Rising 2 - don't carry this
Battlefield Bad Company 2 vietnam - will be on sale in the july sale

Disciples III games - we've run promotions on these and they always tank, probably won't revisit soon.

Hunted The Demon Forge - don't carry yet

Blur - don't carry yet

Assassin's Creed Revelations - will likely happen in August

Binary Domain - Will be $9.99 during the July sale

King Arthur 2 - we will run this again, but recently ran for 60% off
Game of Thrones Genesis - we run this for $9.99 regularly
Stronghold 3 - we run this for $9.99 regularly
Risen and/or risen 2 - just ran Risen for $5.99 , will try to do so again in the near future but unlikely

Heroes of Might and Magic 6 - Likely August
Alice the Madness Returns - part of the july sale
Shoot Many Robots - likely August
ANNO series (maybe anno 2070?) - likely August
Dreamkiller - not on my radar at all

Cheers,
Tony

Tess3ract

Banned
Divinity 2 Dragon Knight Saga - We just sold this, with a steam version for $5.99, I'm working on doing this again soon.
King Arthur 2 - we will run this again, but recently ran for 60% off
Game of Thrones Genesis - we run this for $9.99 regularly
Stronghold 3 - we run this for $9.99 regularly
Risen and/or risen 2 - just ran Risen for $5.99 , will try to do so again in the near future but unlikely

imPbQ6FGY23WJ.gif

What the hell, I missed this? D:

kamspy

Yeah Tony, you're one of the best community reps I've ever come across.

Don't interpret my posts in this thread as being negative towards you.

Top Bottom