• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon UK Switch Pre-orders are live

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this will tank.

With the PS4 Pro recently out and smashing sales - the Xbox one S recently out and doing not so great in comparison - the scorpio out this year.....

I'd like to be wrong because I do like Nintendo but yeah I see this being an unsuccessful venture.

Also - from speaking to friends and stuff it's amazing how many didn't even know this was coming out.

Lucifon

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this will tank.

With the PS4 Pro recently out and smashing sales - the Xbox one S recently out and doing not so great in comparison - the scorpio out this year.....

I'd like to be wrong because I do like Nintendo but yeah I see this being an unsuccessful venture.

Also - from speaking to friends and stuff it's amazing how many didn't even know this was coming out.

The price is the killer issue. I'm concerned about 3ds levels of "we fucked up" price drop after. Of all my friends who were super interested in the thing I'm the only one buying it at 280 because I'm an idiot, they all saw the price and noped out.

The price is the killer issue. I'm concerned about 3ds levels of "we fucked up" price drop after. Of all my friends who were super interested in the thing I'm the only one buying it at 280 because I'm an idiot, they all saw the price and noped out.

The thing is, I already own a 3DS and I'm really happy with it and Nintendo are still churning out games I'll buy.

What incentive do I really have to spend full console prices on something that is being marketed as a tablet you can also use on a big screen?

I'm not bashing anyone who's ordered one because spend what you want but I just don't think it'll succeed.

JimiNutz

Banned
£280 is too much.
£200-£250 was the sweet spot. As is typical whith Nintendo (at least here in the UK) this costs just a little too much for what it is.

Top Bottom