• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon US Removes Zelda Wii U Search Listings

A few people in the zelda switch amazon thread mentioned they received an email saying the game doesn't have a release date anymore

And now I got an email about the Wii U version no longer having a release date. What is going on at Amazon with this game?

"The item(s) you ordered is not yet released. We will notify you of a specific delivery date when one is available."

Most likely an error but if you check the current best selling charts No version of zelda is in the top 20.

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=sv_vg_11

Zelda Wii U was second but the entire listing from the game has gone. If you type zelda wii u in the search bar Breath of the wild does not show up.

To actually view the wii u game you have to click on the switch version and select the wii u version of zelda but both games bring up the same message

"Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock"

Again most likely an error but those who have the wii u version of zelda from Amazon please check to see if your pre orders are still fine

I'm betting that Amazon and Nintendo are back to not being friends anymore. Nintendo of America needs to stop fucking up. Amazon is one retailer you don't want to miss out on.

For those whom don't know; Amazon stopped selling Nintendo hardware for about two years due to NOA.

ckaneo

Might be Nintendo's fault, but Amazon has routinely had problems other stores have not.

I still expect the game released on March 3

linkboy

I have the switch version pre-ordered and I get

"Not yet shipped, we'll email you when available" when I check my order details.

akashhhhh

I'm betting that Amazon and Nintendo are back to not being friends anymore. Nintendo of America needs to stop fucking up. Amazon is one retailer you don't want to miss out on.

For those whom don't know; Amazon stopped selling Nintendo hardware for about two years due to NOA.

It's always great when the first comment is pure conjecture grounded in years old information. Usually results in a productive conversation.

Edit: the OP doesn't make a lot of sense. When editions are sold out, they quickly drop in the top 100. The search function also prioritizes in stock items. So if you search for breath for the wild, the digital version (the only one available) is the first result. Clicking through that gives you the option to select all the other versions. None of which are available. What's the issue here? Seems like everything is working as it should.

gardfish

I called their customer service and it was still pretty unhelpful. Preordered at Best Buy for in-store pickup just to be safe, will cancel it if my Amazon order seems to go through before release since the Prime savings were pretty helpful. I ain't fucking with my ability to play Zelda on day 1.

I got that message. I thought it was weird and deleted it. I better get my game next week since they probably aren't making a lot of Wii copies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Both the wii u and swicth are currently unavailable

Searching for either leads me to the digital versions.

Edit: I'm going to say amazon is sold out

SScorpio

I called their customer service and it was still pretty unhelpful. Preordered at Best Buy for in-store pickup just to be safe, will cancel it if my Amazon order seems to go through before release since the Prime savings were pretty helpful. I ain't fucking with my ability to play Zelda on day 1.

Get Best Buy Gamers Club Unlock if you don't already have it. It's $30 for two years and gives you 20% off any new condition game and stacks with sales, unlike the 20% with Prime that's only valid the first two weeks of release.

RPGCrazied

Yeah, they changed my order to the 31st of March. I just canceld it, not taking any chances. I've waited this long, I'm not waiting until the end of March to play it.

Best Buy website still has them or it seems, my order went through and says the 3rd.

Nintendo vs Amazon is the best battle of tech giants going today

Amazon is probably shrugging, going "Nintendo is mad at us again?", like that Civ that keeps getting Montezuma to keep declaring war on it for no reason in the Classical and Medieval eras.

Aeana

I apparently still had a Wii U version order despite ordering the Switch one, so I checked its date and it says "Arriving Fri, Mar 31."

Seems like it's all over the place.

It's strange. Had my order in for about a year and up til today it said March 31st, which was later than told, and now there's no release date.

Just checked my order from Amazon France and everything seems fine, I should be getting it on march 7th or 8th. This is probably only an Amazon US error.

Zedark

Because it's the WiiU version?

I wouldn't be surprised if they ship very few of these in favour of the Switch port.

Didn't they do the same with the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess or did I make that up somewhere down the road?

Yeah, I got that email from Amazon. I was confused though, since I ordered it like two years ago. Well I was planning on playing the Switch version instead anyway, so it's not too concerning yet.

Kilau

It's strange. Had my order in for about a year and up til today it said March 31st, which was later than told, and now there's no release date.

Mine had that date until I paid it off with a gift card about a week ago and it updated to the 3rd.

Justified

How do you undership discs of your biggest game in a long time.

Maybe the conspiracy of Nintendo doing it to create a faux-demand is right.

I mean how many times can they get a pass for "mis-reading the market/demand" or whatever the excuse people make for them.

My Zelda order for Switch has been saying not yet shipped, we'll email you when available.

In fact when I go to look at all my orders Zelda is the only one that says delivered for some reason. I better not have lost my copy. Ordered that the day it was available.

hughesta

Banned
So glad I stuck to Best Buy for my Switch related needs. Dunno if Amazon is fucking up or Nintendo, but it sucks either way and I hope it gets sorted before release.

Dynasty8

My past experiences with preordering games on best buy weren't great. It took some extra time after release to receive the game. Am I guaranteed to get it on the 3rd if I place the preorder now?

RPGCrazied

The Wii U version would still sell more copies because of supply constrained Switches.

And plus many people don't want to pay close to $500 to play it on the switch when Wii U users can just pay $60 and have the same experience.

dickroach

My past experiences with preordering games on best buy weren't great. It took some extra time after release to receive the game. Am I guaranteed to get it on the 3rd if I place the preorder now?

if you chose in-store pickup, yea.

RPGCrazied

How is Best Buy with release day shipping? Which oddly is included in the free shipping option.

Don't normally buy games from here.

wrowa

When I search for "Breath of the Wild" I get a result for the Wii U version, but none for the Switch version.

Klotera

I never got an email from Amazon, but checked my order and it now says arriving March 31. It had said Mar 3 as recently as a few days ago. I've had my preorder for months.

I quickly put in a Best Buy preorder for store pickup and it seems to indicate that I will be able to have it March 3. I'm not taking anything for granted now, though.

This is a pretty bad look for Amazon and Nintendo. Not sure where fault lies. Glad I saw it here so I could get a BB preorder in.

linkboy

My Zelda order for Switch has been saying not yet shipped, we'll email you when available.

In fact when I go to look at all my orders Zelda is the only one that says delivered for some reason. I better not have lost my copy. Ordered that the day it was available.

That's what mine says. Things changed after I applied store credit to it. I just picked up the Best Buy Gamer's Club, so I'm really thinking about canceling the Amazon order and going with Best Buy.

my switch and zelda pre-orders switched to arriving on friday so all it's good on my end, kinda sucks the carrying case (RDS Industries) supposed to release on the same day doesnt give me an arrival date

Kiyo

FWIW my Super Bomberman R changed from delivery estimate March 3rd to no estimate available. A bit worried now as I don't really want to have to get it locally and pay $10 more for it.

Top Bottom