• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon US Removes Zelda Wii U Search Listings

Might be Nintendo's fault, but Amazon has routinely had problems other stores have not.

Ever since Amazon added the 20% discount to try and compete with Best Buy's GCU I've noticed more and more complaints about their service. It's like they are unable or unwilling to scale up to handle the increased sales or something.

"The item(s) you ordered is not yet released. We will notify you of a specific delivery date when one is available."

I got this message for a couple of Switch accessories I preordered from Amazon, but a couple of days later they updated with a delivery date. I think it might just be Amazon sorting out their preorders once they knew what actual inventory they are getting.

muteki

The Wii U version would still sell more copies because of supply constrained Switches.
"Make more, sell more" isn't really a concept Nintendo understands.

Ever since Amazon added the 20% discount to try and compete with Best Buy's GCU I've noticed more and more complaints about their service. It's like they are unable or unwilling to scale up to handle the increased sales or something.
Their cutoff for release date delivery on preorders is about 2-3 weeks before release these days. After that you would have to complain to get it.

Greenymac

I decided not to go with Amazon this time simply because I didnt wanna be the lunatic peeking out of my windows all day like a junkie waiting for UPS to deliver. Im gonna go snag it first thing Friday morning and spend my day exploring Hyrule....

CyReN

Just talked to customer service, they made it sound like this happens when it isn't listed anymore and my pre-order from December should be fine. I'm not holding my breath (no pun) though.

Captain_Vyse

Neo Member
Talked to customer service. I can tell that Amazon isn't sharing the actual reason (whatever it is) with their customer service reps. All she said was that it is currently unavailable, and they don't know wen it'll be available. Cancelling my Amazon pre-order, and going with Best Buy instead. Whatever the reason is, this is very disappointing.

I originally preordered from Amazon the Wii U version for myself some time ago and its arrival date was March 31st. A few days later,my brother asked me to pre-order a Wii U copy for him and it had a arrival date of March 3rd.
I eventually cancelled my order (I kept the March 3rd arrival)since I'm now getting the Switch version but my brother is keeping his Wii U copy.
I just checked up on my Wii U and Switch preorders and both now have their status as Arriving Friday.
We'll see how that goes in the following days.

Jetman

Customer Service response:

"Hello,

I understand your concern regarding your order delivery.

I've checked the product detail page on Amazon.com, and it looks like "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Wii U " is not currently eligible for Release-Date Delivery.

Our delivery estimates are based on item availability, the quantity ordered, and selected delivery speed. The most up-to-date delivery estimate will display during checkout.

If an item isn't readily available, shipping selections may reduce shipping transit time, but won't impact how long it takes us to obtain the item or prepare it for shipment."

WELP

Honestly, I can check my own product detail page and glean that, so (shrugs) I doubt they know what's going on either.

LotusHD

Banned
Customer Service response:

"Hello,

I understand your concern regarding your order delivery.

I've checked the product detail page on Amazon.com, and it looks like "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Wii U " is not currently eligible for Release-Date Delivery.

Our delivery estimates are based on item availability, the quantity ordered, and selected delivery speed. The most up-to-date delivery estimate will display during checkout.

If an item isn't readily available, shipping selections may reduce shipping transit time, but won't impact how long it takes us to obtain the item or prepare it for shipment."

WELP

Que

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
My wii u pre-order changed to an unconfirmed ship date as well.

Nintendo deserves all kinds of shit next week if this doesn't pan out well. We don't have any journalists working with enough backbone or credibility to take them to task easily(and most will just be gushing about how awesome Zelda is that loyal paying customers are unable to play despite the promise of securing a pre-order).

Well Jim Sterling may be the only one. I am already pissed right now.

linkboy

Question, I just bought the Best Buy Gamer's Club, but apparently it can take up to a day for it to activate (why the hell it can take that long to activate something digitally I have no freaking idea, but whatever).

If I were to pre-order Zelda, would I be able to apply the discount after my account gets activated.

I'm damn near ready to cancel my Amazon pre-order and go with Best Buy at this point.

Yagami_Sama

That's pretty frustating.

I got an email earlier saying that for the Wii U version, they don't have a data when the item will be shipped.

This is a shame.

Derkon

Slight tangent but does Best Buy do release date delivery? May put a preorder in there as well if so just to be safe.

OmahaG8

Question, I just bought the Best Buy Gamer's Club, but apparently it can take up to a day for it to activate (why the hell it can take that long to activate something digitally I have no freaking idea, but whatever).

If I were to pre-order Zelda, would I be able to apply the discount after my account gets activated.

I'm damn near ready to cancel my Amazon pre-order and go with Best Buy at this point.

I would preorder one now and call customer service after it activates just to be safe. Then you can reorder once activated if that doesn't work.

Jetman

My reply back to Amazon:

"Yes, I can look at my own Order Detail page for that item. Why is there a stock problem, and when can I expect to receive the game based on allocated shipments that Amazon is receiving? I'd like to know if I should cancel my order and go with another business. Thanks. "

linkboy

Slight tangent but does Best Buy do release date delivery? May put a preorder in there as well if so just to be safe.

I'm thinking about using in-store pick-up and just swinging by before I go to work to get it.

I'm not taking any chances at this point. If Amazon fucks up my Switch pre-order (which now says arriving Friday), there will be hell to pay.

I've got my Amazon Zelda pre-order paid off with store credit, so I'm not going to cancel it and wait and see. If anything changes, I'll cancel the Best Buy order.

rockx4

Yea at this point people who want the Wii U version should just preorder from Best Buy, I've gotten every game release day or earlier from them.

PSFan

Well, I ordered a Pro controller and a charging grip from them yesterday and they say the order will arrive on Friday so I think they do.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Bwahahahaha... Fuck You Gamestop.

gLKBBAs.png

Mrbob

Switch version isn't available either. This isn't a WiiU only thing. It's a Zelda thing. Amazon is awful nowadays people should just get Gamers Club and go to Best buy instead. They tend to actually get products out to people with little to no issue.

i see, thanks for the replies!

they were very recommended when i got myself a vita too

Ya, they've been my go to company for awhile for screen protectors. With their latest 3DS ones, they've really really nailed down the process so that it goes on perfectly and without bubbles with ease. They're practically invisible on the 3DS now.

Worth it for premium?

This I'm not sure about. It's a thicker protector that was only previously available on other devices in Japan. This is the first time they're releasing it in the US. I'm still trying to find impressions on the imported ones for other devices. I'm a tad worried about how thick it's going to be. I've got both on order but leaning on canceling the premium one at the moment.

Damn can't even call Amazon, they aren't picking up. Really tempted to just get a BestBuy pre-order and gamer club and get it in store day 1.

Mesoian

Ha well. My order says it's been delivered. Get more info and it says it's unavailable. I think this is a bust people, abort while you can.

linkboy

Damn can't even call Amazon, they aren't picking up. Really tempted to just get a BestBuy pre-order and gamer club and get it in store day 1.

Do it, that's what I did.

I have my Amazon pre-order paid with store credit, I'm going to leave it for the time being. If I get a shipping notification for it (for Friday), I'll cancel the Best Buy order. If not, I'll just stick with Best Buy and cancel the Amazon one.

J3ffro

I pre-ordered in January 2016, and since then have gotten a few different delivery estimate emails, as they had ideas about things or actual dates came available. In late January of 2017, I sent them an email about my order showing 3/31 delivery, even though the live sales page said it would be delivered 3/3.

I went a few rounds with CS, the first time they said "blah blah, it'll be there when it'll be there" and I politely pressed them for more detail, and a different CS effectively said "it's just a system error, you'll get it on 3/3", which sounded great.

I got the same email as many of you last night, and my order status shows that it's been delivered, but with no delivery date. I pulled up my old email exchange from a month ago and asked for any more detail they could shed light on. We'll see if someone knows anything.

In the meantime I placed an order to pick up at the local Best Buy. The first couple days of the month are crazy busy at work, but I'm sure I'll be able to sneak away at some point and grab it. And then I'm not waiting until 8 pm for the UPS guy to make it to our house.

Do it, that's what I did.

I have my Amazon pre-order paid with store credit, I'm going to leave it for the time being. If I get a shipping notification for it (for Friday), I'll cancel the Best Buy order. If not, I'll just stick with Best Buy and cancel the Amazon one.

Yup, went ahead with this. Still gonna call Amazon later to see what they have to say.

Top Bottom