• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Shipping is friggin awesome

Getting Halo Wars and Berserk tomorrow. That's awesome. They have been super clutch with early deliveries for the past few months. Anybody else experiencing this?

maxcriden

I've had really good luck with release day delivery from them. I think I did get at least one game a day early, though - Tri Force Heroes, IIRC. Felt great.

Ya, Best Buy's delivery has been excellent for me. Release date delivery is pretty damn reliable and things that already have been released tend to arrive in 1 to 2 days for the most part.

I like it too, but I don't know how they get away with breaking street dates left and right. Anything I get from Amazon, they have to next-day air it to avoid the possibility of getting it early. I've never gotten anything early from Amazon.

Super...."clutch". Literally what? But yeah, Best Buy have been a phenomenal seller in recent years. At least in my experience, anyway.

Ultimadrago

They keep crunching my boxes, the cocks.

Aside from that, they're service is rather standard for me. Not special, not horrible.

AmuroChan

They're good at in terms of delivering on time or early. Packaging quality is their problem. I've had multiple collector's edition games damaged because they suck at packaging.

jamsy

Nope, they use those flimsy ass padded envelopes and my games constantly arrive damaged.

Last time, The Last Guardian's case was completely broken.

Ashtar

Super...."clutch". Literally what? But yeah, Best Buy have been a phenomenal seller in recent years. At least in my experience, anyway.
You've never heard clutch used that way? Must not watch any American sports
I've never had any luck getting things early from Best Buy usually every thing is day of

Charcoal

I've had better luck with Amazon. I ordered something from Best Buy over the holidays and it sat in their warehouse for almost a week before it shipped.

JayBabay

I've had better luck with Best Buy release day delivery than with Amazon. Even when I've pre order something late, it's gotten here on release day sometimes.

Edit: I'm in Southern California in case that helps for logistics.

CONCH0BAR

I got Yakuza 0 a day early because of BB. I remember people disliking Best Buy in the past, but they've only ever been good to me (anecdotal evidence, I know).

Best Buy isn't even preparing my Berserk copy yet :(

Occasional shenanigans aside, yeah I got Gravity Rush like a day or two early

Swiggins

Just ordered about 4 games through BB with the Visa Checkout promotion, so I'm happy to hear so many people like getting their games through BB delivery.

Here's hoping my copy of Horizon gets here early. :D

Gaardus

I decided to order Fire Emblem Fates from Best Buy yesterday.
d2W2kzQ.jpg

JayEH

Guess I should start ordering from them more often if there's possibility it will be delivered before street date. Only thing I don't like is they charge credit cards right away for pre orders.

Swiggins

Guess I should start ordering from them more often if there's possibility it will be delivered before street date. Only thing I don't like is they charge credit cards right away for pre orders.

Can't have everything I suppose. As long as you don't overdraw your account you should be fine.

bigkrev

I do in store pickup cause they ship UPS to me and that never comes before like 8pm where I live.

The free shipping with Elite is nice for stuff I don't care about though, like cheap Blurays

Yeah I really like Best Buy. They've been really good to me these past couple years. Store Pickup, price matching, good deals. Only recent bummer is I ordered an Nvidia Shield from them the other day, it looked like it was going to be available tomorrow (which was great as I'll be off from work for the weekend to try it out), but they later emailed me that there was going to be a delay and it wouldn't be there until Tuesday. :( I can do free shipping, but then it wouldn't be here until NEXT Thursday, and I'd have to pay quote a bit for fast shipping.

But yeah aside from that little bump in the road, it's been really smooth sailing for me.

Also they pack their shit like they care. My collectors have always come so well packed.

Amazon is a joke about this.

Ya, Amazon's packing is so random that you're playing Russian roulette with the condition you'll get stuff in. My Amiibos from Best Buy are packed so well and it's in better condition than if I bought it from Amazon or picked it up at Best Buy.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
It's been a lot better for me recently. When I first got GCU and ordered from them, most of my orders arrived late. I've never gotten anything early, but as a rule I get things when I'm supposed to these days.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
This thread inspired me to try shipping with Ghost Recon. If it comes on time I'll swap my other 10+ orders to shipping. Don't think I've ever done non-store pickup with Bestbuy because other sites have been bad on getting things to me by release date.

Ashtar

I'm a Brit who lives in Texas. Never heard it used that way before, nope. Figured it's one of those American slang words that "y'all" use. :p
Y'all is more of a southern thing, but something or someone being clutch is pretty widely used and not a new thing in most circles though, it's regularly used in sports to mean performs well under pressure

Cheers

Best Buy Employee here. No bias, Best Buy is a GREAT company to be a customer of. The free two day shipping is amazing. GCU is a must for anyone who buys more than 4-5 games a year.

Edit: honestly, my personal anecdote aside (I've had issues with management) they are honestly a great company to work for too. I'm a full-time student and make double the minimum wage here working part time. The discount and perks like accommodations are great. Got a pair of Sony MDR-1000x's for $130. They've come a long way since they went though financial troubles about a decade ago.

Cody_D165

Banned
Yeah.

Don't buy boxed bundles or collector's editions from them though imo. I've had several of these items shipped to me in fucking bubble mailers. Starfox Zero, Shin Megami Tensei IV, and the Yoshi's Woolly World amiibo/game bundle all arrived to me damaged in some way. SMTIV (this is the launch edition I'm talking about) was completely crushed, like someone stepped on it. The 3DS case inside the larger packaging was even cracked. The postal service isn't kind to items packed like this, and it is no fun to get a game like that on launch day only to have to worry about returning or exchanging it.

This doesn't happen every single time, mind you, but it's a total crapshoot in my experience. I've had some pretty nasty shipping jobs from them before and it sucks having to return or exchange the items.

Edit: Upon reading this thread a bit closer it seems I'm not the only one experiencing this. :/

Yeah.

Don't buy boxed bundles or collector's editions from them though imo. I've had several of these items shipped to me in fucking bubble mailers. Starfox Zero, Shin Megami Tensei IV, and the Yoshi's Woolly World amiibo/game bundle all arrived to me damaged in some way. SMTIV (this is the launch edition I'm talking about) was completely crushed, like someone stepped on it. The 3DS case inside the larger packaging was even cracked. The postal service isn't kind to items packed like this, and it is no fun to get a game like that on launch day only to have to worry about returning or exchanging it.

This doesn't happen every single time, mind you, but it's a total crapshoot in my experience. I've had some pretty nasty shipping jobs from them before and it sucks having to return or exchange the items.

Edit: Upon reading this thread a bit closer it seems I'm not the only one experiencing this. :/

They do this with the in-store games too. Really fucking annoying how the merchandise team strangles spider wraps on collectors editions. Box all smushed and creased.

Koppai

I will also tell you this, if they can get it shipped to you faster they send the order to a store to be shipped out so you can get it quicker. This is not always the case but it explains why. Beats Amazon shipping and doesn't cost a subscription service :p

Vitacat

Yeah.

+1

I love Bestbuy, I really do. They are my favorite store. But yeah, do not have special editions shipped to you. Choose store pick up if you order online.

I've only ordered one thing online for BestBuy for delivery. It was like a month or two ago, when I ordered the Galaxy New 3DS XL. I gotta say I was impressed as well. I had it within a day or two. Really took me by surprise.

Air Miles delivery on the other hand... :|

Top Bottom