• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Shipping is friggin awesome

Yeah.

Don't buy boxed bundles or collector's editions from them though imo. I've had several of these items shipped to me in fucking bubble mailers. Starfox Zero, Shin Megami Tensei IV, and the Yoshi's Woolly World amiibo/game bundle all arrived to me damaged in some way. SMTIV (this is the launch edition I'm talking about) was completely crushed, like someone stepped on it. The 3DS case inside the larger packaging was even cracked. The postal service isn't kind to items packed like this, and it is no fun to get a game like that on launch day only to have to worry about returning or exchanging it.

This doesn't happen every single time, mind you, but it's a total crapshoot in my experience. I've had some pretty nasty shipping jobs from them before and it sucks having to return or exchange the items.

Edit: Upon reading this thread a bit closer it seems I'm not the only one experiencing this. :/
I've had this concern but so far it's been good packaging for all of the CE I've gotten from them.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I can't believe I've been doing store pickup this whole time. Thanks for this thread!

Ui8oja1.jpg

Shanlei91

Changed my Switch preorder and about 12 games to shipping...but can't for Bomberman R. Guess the store already has it?

Shanlei91

Did the arrival times automatically update for when you did this? My console still says "by 3/3"

I think the "by 3/3" is a placeholder until they actually start shipping it out. I changed Horizon from store pickup two days ago and it said the 28th until yesterday.

I think the "by 3/3" is a placeholder until they actually start shipping it out. I changed Horizon from store pickup two days ago and it said the 28th until yesterday.

Alright. I don't think I'm going to touch anything then. I've got Pro and Zelda listed as pickup 3/3 and don't want to mess that up by touching it. Especially seeing what is happening with Amazon and some orders. Thanks!

Ducayne

Hnnngngggnggnng. I really hope my Switch gets delivered a day early. I'm 3-for-3 on release date games getting delivered a day early-- I have a 6AM flight morning of the 3rd.

:(((((

I think my other options are trying to nab it from the UPS Depot on Thurs night or try my hand at a midnight launch.

I wonder if I'll get my switch pro controller early. Still doing the console for pickup at midnight. It's tradition for me to pick up Nintendo consoles at midnight nowadays.

XandBosch

Man I really hope Canadian Best Buy is going to be doing this well. So worried that I won't get my Switch next Friday! I took the day off and everything lol.

alarre1

Neo Member
Not sure where you live, but they lost my packages twice. They use Ontrac for Orange County (so cal) and they always seem to mess up.

Think I'll stick with store pickup since the store is right down the street from me.

KyleCross

I disagree. Every game they ship me has a loose disc, and every game that has a box due to being a special release is beat up. Both Onechanbara and Senran Kagura's PS4 releases look terrible on my shelf due to how destroyed their outer boxes are. Took em two extra days to get me Berserk and, as always, the disc was loose. I always pick up in store but my store isn't stocking Berserk. They're not stocking Nier: Automata either so I gotta go through shipping on that too.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Yeah, I seem to not have as great of luck. Recently caved and bought Yakuza, and they missed the original date by two days.

Could be just the postal service having a lark, but my Horizon isn't hitting early, either.

Damn, I got Gravity Rush 2 a couple days early, but it looks like no such luck for Horizon. I'm so impressed with how much Best Buy has stepped up their service, especially since I've had such bad luck with Amazon recently.

j0hnnix

Who is shipping done through? Is shipping free for 2-day similar to Amazon if I sign up for the GC?

I'm tired of Amazon screwing me with USPS even though it's free 2-day shipping our usps turns it into a 4 day ordeal.

Anyone ever do online order to pick up in store as a pre order, and was able to pick up on Monday? (day early)

My horizon zero dawn CE says available for pickup on Monday. Just wondering if I can grab it then.

I have three separate orders for them from the Switch launch (one isn't under my account as I didn't have time to make one when I bought it). I'm curious what order they'll come in, though I'm pretty sure I'll get the Amiibo before I get anything to play it with since getting the Switch itself first would be too easy.

Anyone ever do online order to pick up in store as a pre order, and was able to pick up on Monday? (day early)

My horizon zero dawn CE says available for pickup on Monday. Just wondering if I can grab it then.

I haven't done it myself, but I've worked retail and if they've already completed the order and have it waiting for you on Monday I can't imagine any part of their system will stop them from giving it then. It MAY stop them from fulfilling the order until Tuesday though.

I've got my Switch and Breath of the Wild pre-order through them. If it comes early I'll be pumped af, but even just release date would be fine. I've had mixed luck with Amazon Prime lately, so the bar's been set pretty low.

Huh, I must just be unlucky because they have messed up my delivery date consistently, meaning I usually end up getting it a day or two after launch.

H3xum

At what point should I get concerned if my Switch stuff doesn't change? I don't want this to become an Amazon over again but Best Buy just sat on their hands longer

Het_Nkik

Yeah.

Don't buy boxed bundles or collector's editions from them though imo. I've had several of these items shipped to me in fucking bubble mailers. Starfox Zero, Shin Megami Tensei IV, and the Yoshi's Woolly World amiibo/game bundle all arrived to me damaged in some way. SMTIV (this is the launch edition I'm talking about) was completely crushed, like someone stepped on it. The 3DS case inside the larger packaging was even cracked. The postal service isn't kind to items packed like this, and it is no fun to get a game like that on launch day only to have to worry about returning or exchanging it.

This doesn't happen every single time, mind you, but it's a total crapshoot in my experience. I've had some pretty nasty shipping jobs from them before and it sucks having to return or exchange the items.

Edit: Upon reading this thread a bit closer it seems I'm not the only one experiencing this. :/
I wonder if it depends on what part of the country you're in and where the game is shipping from. I ONLY buy collector's editions from Best Buy because I get them in boxes 100% of the time. Amazon is the one that sends me CEs in bubble mailers 95% of the time.

Man, my copy of Horizon is still slated for Tuesday. Too bad living in the same city as Best Buys corporate headquarters doesn't help with shipping, haha

Dartastic

Currently Best Buy says they're delivering my Zelda Special Edition on the 2nd. I really hope that's true, as I'm picking up my Switch at midnight.

I guess even if they don't that's okay, because now I can at least get Snipperclips at launch and maybe Shovel Knight. I have Shovel Knight on Wii U, but it doesn't transfer over, does it? Also, does this new Shovel Knight include all the DLC?

Top Bottom