• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Shipping is friggin awesome

Unison

NES Classic I ordered from them took 8 days to arrive, which felt super archaic in the era of Amazon Prime.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Best Buy Employee here. No bias, Best Buy is a GREAT company to be a customer of. The free two day shipping is amazing. GCU is a must for anyone who buys more than 4-5 games a year.

Edit: honestly, my personal anecdote aside (I've had issues with management) they are honestly a great company to work for too. I'm a full-time student and make double the minimum wage here working part time. The discount and perks like accommodations are great. Got a pair of Sony MDR-1000x's for $130. They've come a long way since they went though financial troubles about a decade ago.

You probably don't know but what the hell, I'll ask anyway. Why does it take Best Buy so long to update their trade in page with new games?

For example, I want to trade in Hitman: The Complete First Season for PS4 but 16 days later, it's still not posted.

GameStop posts the trade in value the same day the game releases and I wish Best Buy would do the same. As a GCU member and fan of Best Buy for about six years, this is the only negative that I have against them.

Koppai

You probably don't know but what the hell, I'll ask anyway. Why does it take Best Buy so long to update their trade in page with new games?

For example, I want to trade in Hitman: The Complete First Season for PS4 but 16 days later, it's still not posted.

GameStop posts the trade in value the same day the game releases and I wish Best Buy would do the same. As a GCU member and fan of Best Buy for about six years, this is the only negative that I have against them.

You might try contacting customer support. Store employees have no idea about any of the website updating. On their support forums, employees who are fans of Gaming sometimes post preorder links for hot items before they officially pop up on the website.

Also they pack their shit like they care. My collectors have always come so well packed.

Amazon is a joke about this.

I've had pretty poor luck with BB shipping the past few months, so much so that I've switched to in store pickup. Probably 9 out of 10 games I have received in the mail came in a thinly padded envelope with the disc rattling around loose in the case. Have had a few games show up with the plastic cases completely shattered as well.

This happens with Amazon too, but seems to be much more frequent with BB for me. At least with Amazon, it's easy to return stuff. BB is a pain in that regard.

In terms of getting things early, I haven't experienced it with either BB or Amazon. I always seem to get stuff on release date, never earlier or later.

combine42

Neo Member
I'm just pissed they stopped their 10 dollar gift certificate when pre-ordering certain titles. That shit was awesome.

That's definitely one of the big down sides of Best Buy. Our trade in system is incredibly dated. I can't really give you a specific reason but it definitely seems like it's just because the system itself is dated and not updated properly.

I've had pretty poor luck with BB shipping the past few months, so much so that I've switched to in store pickup. Probably 9 out of 10 games I have received in the mail came in a thinly padded envelope with the disc rattling around loose in the case. Have had a few games show up with the plastic cases completely shattered as well.

This happens with Amazon too, but seems to be much more frequent with BB for me. At least with Amazon, it's easy to return stuff. BB is a pain in that regard.

In terms of getting things early, I haven't experienced it with either BB or Amazon. I always seem to get stuff on release date, never earlier or later.

I should have specified I was talking strictly collectors editions

B00TE

I've gotten my last 4 or so games early from them. It's been great, but now I'm doubting it'll last lol.

Getting Halo Wars and Berserk tomorrow. That's awesome. They have been super clutch with early deliveries for the past few months. Anybody else experiencing this?

Oddly enough, no. Ordered Teraway for Ps4 Sunday, and its now Thursday night and not delivered yet.

Overall my experience with them has been very hit or miss. I remember I preordered Destiny and NHL 15 with them months before they released (they both released on the same exact day). Got Destiny day 1, and got NHL like 4 days later.

spannicus

Oddly enough, no. Ordered Teraway for Ps4 Sunday, and its now Thursday night and not delivered yet.

Overall my experience with them has been very hit or miss. I remember I preordered Destiny and NHL 15 with them months before they released (they both released on the same exact day). Got Destiny day 1, and got NHL like 4 days later.
Damn knocked me down man lol

I got FFXV a day early which was pretty rad, I don't really order too many new games so I can't speak for other things showing up early.

slabrock

Banned
Agreed. I check the page on their site occasionally, but it's been "Check back soon for qualifying titles" for awhile now.

They still do it. They usually don't have anything on there until like June or July I believe; at least that is how it was last year.

Epcott

Switch is the first item I've ever ordered (and pre-ordered) from them. We'll find out March 3rd!

Same...

I wonder... if you've preordered something from them and have delivery set, when do they collect the monies? A week before shipment? Two days before?

Can I expect my Switch on launch day? Or will I be sitting around, dumb in the face, until two days after launch?

goober

Shipping for games is great, but what about monitors/hardware? I just ordered a monitor and I hope I get it earlier than what the date says.

combine42

Neo Member
They still do it. They usually don't have anything on there until like June or July I believe; at least that is how it was last year.

Oh really? That's good to know. I was surprised that neither mass effect or horizon got that bonus. They are huge games

DonShula

I got the Lego Dimensions Batman Movie level pack a day before the movie came out. I thought that was amusing considering the movies and level packs are always simultaneous release since the level packs give away the movie plot.

DonShula

Shipping for games is great, but what about monitors/hardware? I just ordered a monitor and I hope I get it earlier than what the date says.

It doesn't work the same way unless you preordered the monitor AND they gave you release date delivery. These things are only coming early to make sure they aren't late.

SRTtoZ

I had no idea until I ordered the Switch that the price included release day shipping, way better than Amazon IMO. Very very happy with them as of late.

Hardvlade

Yeah they are, I got Uncharted 4, three days early and Halo Wars 2 (today, even though I'm stuck at work) :( so I won't get to play it until tomorrow.

Shipping? No, have to spend $35. Will probably spend that much buying games anyway, but still not just "free" with GCU.

You get free shipping with no minimum once you hit Elite status. To get free shipping without elite status, do an in store pick up for an item that brings the difference up to $35 and don't pick it up. You'll get free shipping on the item you do want and you'll get a refund on the other item by not picking it up. Super easy way to get free shipping no matter what.

kunonabi

I've been getting them day early lately so yeah pretty nice. I just wish their hold charges didn't take so long to go away.

Mudron

My Best Buy pre-order for the Switch is marked for delivery on March 2nd.

I'm in Portland, Oregon - where's everybody else at?

(I don't get stuff from best Buy often, so I don't know how likely it is that March 2nd date will stick, or where the closest BB distribution center may be.)

KyleCross

Getting Halo Wars and Berserk tomorrow. That's awesome. They have been super clutch with early deliveries for the past few months. Anybody else experiencing this?

How the hell is Best Buy sending you Berserk 12 days before street date?

*checks his order status on Berserk*

Oh shit, it says "preparing." What the hell?

My Best Buy pre-order for the Switch is marked for delivery on March 2nd.

I'm in Portland, Oregon - where's everybody else at?

(I don't get stuff from best Buy often, so I don't know how likely it is that March 2nd date will stick, or where the closest BB distribution center may be.)

Mine says March 6th, which blows I wanted Zelda for that weekend.

Ducayne

I have a flight 6am the morning of the third so PRAYING my switch gets delivered on the 2nd. I'm 3/3 on Best Buy game orders arriving the day before release date.

Damn, dude...that's awesome. Pretty hyped for that game. I order a ton from them with GCU and have Elite status and never get lucky like that.
I guess they just have a distribution center or something close.
It's happened to me for the last few month or so with preorders from Bestbuy. Certain games come early.

Lemstar

Best Buy's tradein/used games business is partially run by a separate company, not internally (IIRC, it's the same one that Walmart and Target are also affiliated with). GameStop can move quickly because their tradeins are integrated.

Their release day shipping is always on time, but it's usually around 8pm.

I hope they decide to deliver my Switch a day early like they did my NES Classic.

XanaviF30

This doesn't have anything to do with pre-orders, but I purchased four games from their website yesterday and all four off them arrived today. Next day delivery, for free. That's awesome.

Top Bottom