• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazons [devkit?] controller revealed by Brazilian FCC [Up: Additional Images]

coldone

More i look at it.. may be it could work. It just looks ugly. But may be functional enough.

If the analog sticks and triggers are as good as 360, it may be very serviceable.

amazon-gaming2.jpg

anthym

Neo Member
Looks like they put some thought into making the most non ergonomic controller they could. The hand cramps...I can feel them

DLaicH

More i look at it.. may be it could work. It just looks ugly. But may be functional enough.

If the analog sticks and triggers are as good as 360, it may be very serviceable.

amazon-gaming2.jpg

It really doesn't look too uncomfortable from that angle. Also, I think it won't seem so ugly when we see photographs of it from a decent camera. I'm cautiously optimistic.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Seems the rest of the world knows that asymmetrical joysticks is the way to go. Why can't Sony?

That's gotta be a prototype. It's too blocky and doesn't look comfortable at all. Considering Sony, MS and Ninty all have great controllers this gen, Amazon need to put the effort in if they want to be competitive.

KoopaTheCasual

Hope this is an extremely early prototype.

I am actually wishing Amazon the best on their endeavor, since they have the ability to draw a completely new audience into gaming. But please... don't half-ass it.

It looks decent to me, and I like the stick placement.

I'm actually intrigued by Amazon in the gaming space due to their typicla business model of keeping competitive hardware cheap and focusing on services. They also already have the server capacity and digital distribution infrastucture in place to handle an Xbox Live / PSN type service.

Do I think they will compete with the big boys? No. But maybe it could turn into a spot for indie games and the like to thrive outside of the PC space.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
A controller doesn't need to look good. How much time do you spend looking at your controller? For me, it's basically a glance when I pick it up.
What matter is how it feels. Too bad this controller seems to also fail miserably there.

Nzyme32

It really doesn't look too uncomfortable from that angle. Also, I think it won't seem so ugly when we see photographs of it from a decent camera. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I think it might be more comfortable than people are assuming. It also may be a bit smaller as well. I'd have to have it in my hands to judge it. The onlive controller wasn't particularly bad, but it was also nothing special.

With people debating "ugly", I'm curious who finds this ugly versus the steam controller? I always thought the steam controller seemed pretty nice and comfy looking based on the fact that it is only a 3d prototype anyway. This amazon controller is looking fairly final, but I wouldn't say it's any uglier than a 360 pad. They serve the same function and look

Looking at both angles, it looks like the Shield with Xbox stick placement. People make fun of the Shield for looking too bulky when they first see it too, but it's actually very comfortable.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
First gen Amazon hardware always looks messed up. The first Kindle was really angular and ugly too.

Top Bottom