• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD Crimson ReLive Driver Released

Teknoman

Recording for me is just fine, but streaming made it have split second lag here and again. Dunno how the actual test stream ran yet.

EDIT: Yup gotta fine tune the streaming settings.

Do you think including the Radeon Pro drivers in the ReLive bundle will improve the situation for 3D content creators using Maya, Max, Mudbox etc on consumer grade hardware? It always seemed like there were niggling little bugs and issues with the viewport.

I appreciate that AMD still wants to sell professional cards to high end clients but it struck me as a strange announcement to roll this stuff in together.

tuxfool

Banned
Do you think including the Radeon Pro drivers in the ReLive bundle will improve the situation for 3D content creators using Maya, Max, Mudbox etc on consumer grade hardware? It always seemed like there were niggling little bugs and issues with the viewport.

I appreciate that AMD still wants to sell professional cards to high end clients but it struck me as a strange announcement to roll this stuff in together.

The big secret here is that Professional drivers don't really do any special magic under the hood, instead they are configured and tested for only professional hardware. So you need specific hardware to get the kind of stability you're looking for. These programs sometimes even black list drivers and hardware combinations what aren't "pro".

Syder

Anyone know how to get rid of the recording timer in the upper left in recorded footage?
wtzgU.gif

What intensive 3D applications/game would you consider good benchmarks? I know games like DOOM(4) would probably work, but I don't know if it has a Benchmark mode like, say, Sleeping Dogs DE. I'll try doing what you suggested.

Edit: Huh...
b26616d58f.png

It's not giving me a -0005 or -0010. Instead it's giving me absolute values.

Sorry for the late reply hadn't seen this thread popup, I meant for you to substract those 0005 from whatever value is in state 7, it's different for all cards (1240 in your case).

As for intensive 3D applications, Metro Last Light is very hard on the gpu, basically just don't use a gpu burner like furmark or kombustor which is not a real world scenario at all and will throttle and overpower your card to hell.

BTW 16.12.2 is out, some fixes, nothing major.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...son-ReLive-Edition-16.12.2-Release-Notes.aspx

Fixed Issues

AMD FreeSync™ technology may experience performance issues with Borderless Fullscreen application support when a secondary display is attached and has dynamic content running such as video playback in a web browser or if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background. A workaround if this issue is experienced is to minimize all other running applications that are on the primary desktop display or on non-primary extended displays.
Radeon ReLive may fail to install during installation on some system configurations.
Battlefield™1 may experience flashing or corruption when running in Multi GPU with Radeon RX 400 series.
Instant Replay fails to enable itself after it has been turned off due to content protection.
Radeon Settings may not load on system boot for some system configurations.
Fixed some errors in translations for Radeon Settings and Radeon ReLive.
Mouse cursor corruption may be intermittently experienced on Radeon RX 480.
Audio recorded by Radeon ReLive may sometimes exhibit slow motion when played back.
Radeon ReLive may experience recording issues or issues toggling the Overlay/Toolbar when Frame Rate Target Control is enabled. Users are suggested to disable Frame Rate Target Control when using Radeon ReLive.
Mouse cursor may stutter in recorded video when there is limited on screen activity outside of minor mouse movement.
In AMD Multi GPU configurations the secondary graphics product will exit the low power state when Radeon ReLive is enabled.
Radeon ReLive may sometimes not be able to take screenshots of secondary displays.
Chromium may fail to utilize hybrid decode for VP9 content.
DOTA™2 may experience game corruption when performing a task switch while recording with Radeon ReLive in AMD Multi GPU configurations.

derFeef

So Wattman is weird. I don't understand the fan control at all.
No matter what I do after I close the game and the GPU is cooled down - the fans still keep on spinning fast.

DieH@rd

Banned
lol

Few minutes ago Windows prompted me that I have low space on C drive. After a minute of my puzzled search for the culprit, I discovered A FREAKING BIG video file. I forgot to turn off ReLive recording that I started a bit over 24 hours ago when I last time played Asseto Corsa. :D :D :D

Now that's a stable piece of software! :D

Top Bottom