• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story: Freak Show |OT| Let your inhibitions go, it's a crazy night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

I've only seen the first episode of this, didnt grab me really. But the consensus is its better than coven right? Actually thats not much of an accomplishment is it

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I've only seen the first episode of this, didnt grab me really. But the consensus is its better than coven right? Actually thats not much of an accomplishment is it

It's better and more consistent.

T.O.P

Banned
I might bail out of this after the next episode

Show is not grabbing me at all...and i even menaged to like Coven :/

Comparitively he's got the most going on as a character. There's an actual semblance of an arc, which is nice lol; esp for a villain.

I haven't seen the first season but this is Lange's dullest character yet. She's basically a weak mix of her Asylum and Coven characters, with none of the spark.

Even then, he's not really that interesting. It's like picking the best-looking ugly sweater out of a crowd.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but this is a disappointing season in comparison to the original.

Dany

Banned
Finished episode 5.

Boring, maybe moreso than Coven. Two was really the peak. The show just seems so uninspired or slow and going through the paces.

Was Coven really campy and cheesy? That's the hint I got from previews. I couldn't watch it because we didn't get FX Canada, and couldn't.

I guess I could've downloaded it, but I don't really bother.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
AV club is nailing the series to the wall with the sloppy and put together writing in addition to it wanting to be connected but separate stories.

AV club is nailing the series to the wall with the sloppy and put together writing in addition to it wanting to be connected but separate stories.

Truth bombs everywhere. Except for the connected stories thing ; pretty sure we'll only see some Easter eggs alluding to this.

IMO, I think one of this season problem is that there's just too many damn principal characters. That may be the reason why I liked Murder House so much.

I still love the show though.

I haven't watched the last two episodes and I don't have much desire to watch them yet. I finally just stopped caring. Freak Show isn't offensively bad like Coven. But it is almost worse in its mediocrity.

Average episode. One thing, please stop with the singing. If it's not Lange, it's fat fingers. STAHP!

I lost it when Chiklis got the beatdown. So good. Seems the beatdown did him soon good too and then he threw it all away with...

LaPetite . this one hurt a lot more than Meep. Maybe because she actually had a lot more scenes and they teased it last week, but damn.

Holy shit at Penny. Holy shit.

Man, fuck Dell.

Was Coven really campy and cheesy? That's the hint I got from previews. I couldn't watch it because we didn't get FX Canada, and couldn't.

I guess I could've downloaded it, but I don't really bother.
Coven was, urgh, horror themed chick drama. Bad Girls Club with witches. That's the main reason I didn't like it.

ASDFGHJKLHSGBABAAEH

I'm pissed they actually killed MaPetite.

And there's a big lack of horror/sex scenes this season. Doesn't feel like AHS. :(

Dany

Banned
The singing is okay. The lack of horror, intrigue and shit being thrown at the wall is whats disappointing. It feels stale.

E the Shaggy

The show really lost something when
Twisty
died. It feels scattershot and all over the place, even more so than Coven.

It almost feels like they're making it up as they go along with each episode.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
im kinda getting bored
really struggling to care about the majority of characters and storylines

theyve been massively overusing Jimmy and not nearly spending enough time of basset and bates

Nemesis_

I've saved the last three or four episodes to watch while the break is on so I've yet to watch it but I've seen a lot of people being pretty down on the series overall so I was interested to see how it's rating at this point compared to the other shows.

ahs-new4muhz.png

I was surrpised to see it's still pretty high above Coven.

im kinda getting bored
really struggling to care about the majority of characters and storylines

theyve been massively overusing Jimmy and not nearly spending enough time of basset and bates

I think they're trying to make up for hardly using him last season or something.

I thought the latest episode felt very disjointed.

I'm curious to see if the psychiatrist turns out to be anyone.

Yado

Last night's episode was the first time I just wanted to give up and stop watching, it's odd how it manages to be ridiculous and boring at the same time. If this were any other show I would have dropped it.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I actually screamed when I thought Elsa got shot in the head

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I actually screamed when I thought Elsa got shot in the head

Honestly at this point I would rather her be the one who's dead. I'm kind of sick of her and her same-ish characters...

It's a really atrange episode and AHS has always been weird when it comes to addressing characters who are just not around for the episode. Like how Ethel somehow managing to hide the twins away being the reason they're not around this episode. And likewise with how Dell and Desiree being absent during the Elsa birhday episode.

And how did Paul recover from that gunshot wound? Looked like he was going to die. I really don't like the parts involving Meryl Streep's duaghter. It feels like they included her just to write in a messed up story for shock factor. It didn't make sense for those women to suddenly be ok with murdering someone.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed. Just all kinds of funny irony on that.

I don't know how to read it though. Are they trying to make her character who sometimes does things that are morally bad just to get by in life or is she just inconsistently written the way AHS characters often are? Was it ever explained on why Denis O'Hare's character has such a hold on her? She seemed sort of reluctant to help from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom