• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American man gored 16-inches through thigh by Bull at Carnaval Del Toro

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiju

Ouch.

bik-bikovi-korida-spanija-foto-ap-1424044231-617346.jpg

59c3c6460e260059ca041bbbcc35c400

7611843-640x480.jpg

o-BENJAMIN-MILLER-570.jpg

An American man is recovering in the intensive-care unit of a Spanish hospital after a bull gave him the 'biggest goring wound' the doctor who performed emergency surgery on him had ever seen.

Benjamin Miller of Georgia underwent a three-hour operation to repair damage to his thighs, sphincter and back muscles after being tossed and gored by a bull.

Miller had one wound that measured 40 centimeters. The bull gored him through the thigh of the left leg. His sphincter was also quite damaged and suffered numerous hemorrhages .

He reportedly came to Carnaval del Toro with a group of American students.

Surgeon Enrique Crespo was called to operate on Miller after he was injured on the first day of the annual festival.

Crespo said: 'It's not the worst injury I've seen, but it's the biggest goring wound I've ever had to operate on.'

Video in the link:http://news.yahoo.com/american-youth-gored-bull-spain-intensive-care-093830781.html

Stampede if old...

El Daniel

Is this the one where the leg looks like a pizza?

Edit:

Ah, it isn't. Is it against the rules to post pizzaleg guy?

And participating in the Running of the Bulls can straight-up get you killed, too. I wonder if this represents other Spanish festivals or just what news outlets want us to assume.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm not sure what part of fucking with a bull is supposed to be considered festive.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I wouldn't wish this on my worse enemy.... I mean it ruptured what I assumed is his anal sphincter with its horn.

whitehawk

Banned
Yeah, I'm never running in one of these things. They must be fun if you don't get hurt, but the risk is too high and it's not nice to the bulls.

highrider

Banned
It's not as dumb as the guy that lights his pants on fire and jumps off buildings, but I can't feel bad for him.

Soph

Too bad he didn't die, this will just lead to nothing getting done at all against these barbarous games.

iceatcs

American again, near every year.

Almost like local gave them a false tip, "run to bull, not away"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom