• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American man gored 16-inches through thigh by Bull at Carnaval Del Toro

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomGyver

zokwGh.jpg

luxarific

Nork unification denier
His sphincter was also quite damaged and suffered numerous hemorrhages .

Who cares about his leg, this is the injury that needed to be bolded, my friends. This poor idiot was gored up the ass. I'm glad he wasn't disemboweled, but this is why sane people do not run with angry animals who weigh thousands of pounds and carry lethal weaponry on their heads.

Game4life

Banned
Unless you're actively doing something to stop bullfighting, you're not in a much higher position than him.

And there's a difference between having no sympathy and wanting someone dead. People who place animal lives higher than humans' worry me.

How about we all start valuing life equally for a change and not prioritize for example who's life is more important - A dog's or a Human's.

No Love

Banned
Benjamin Miller of Georgia underwent a three-hour operation to repair damage to his thighs, sphincter and back muscles after being tossed and gored by a bull.

Miller had one wound that measured 40 centimeters. The bull gored him through the thigh of the left leg. His sphincter was also quite damaged and suffered numerous hemorrhages .

What the fuck

Good.

As a vegan, I find the idea that only vegans can oppose animal cruelty to be totally ridiculous.
"These people are torturing animals for their entertainment but I can't say anything about it because I put milk in my cereal this morning!"

I'm not saying only vegans care about animal welfare. I just I think it would be hypocritical of me on one hand to eat meat, consume dairy products and own leather goods (which I do) and on the other to wish death to those who participate in a bull run.

I'm not saying only vegans care about animal welfare. I just I think it would be hypocritical of me on one hand to eat meat, consume dairy products and own leather goods (which I do) and on the other to wish death to those who participate in a bull run.
I'm a meat lover and born Portuguese (we have our watered down version of bullfighting), and I think bull fighting should be abolished and running of the bulls should be abolished.

When tradition is ancient and stupid then it is just that, stupid. Time to evolve and abolish this pagan age tradition

coleco

And all repairing surgery and treatment was most probably free of cost, thanks to the spanish taxpayer and universal health care.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The name of the victim was misreported.

The bull caught the guy by holding down on his baggy pants.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/goring-pics-shock-family-american-hurt-bull-spain-article-1.2118417
Loved ones of an American student gored by a bull in Spain did not know the extent of his injuries until graphic photos of the impalement popped up online.

Cameras captured the moment on Saturday that the fighting bull plunged its horns 16-inches deep into 20-year-old Benjamin Milley, causing severe damage to his thighs, sphincter and back muscles.

“We had heard from them (Milley’s parents) what had happened, but we didn’t understand the magnitude until we saw the pictures,” a family member, who asked not to be identified, told the Daily News. “Then you see how bad it is. It’s really concerning how deep it (the wound) is.”

Milley was running from the massive animal when it stepped on his clothing, causing him to fall and become prey to the enraged beast, the family member told the News.

“Then we all saw what happened,” the family member said.

Milley’s mother is en route to visit her injured son, who is out of intensive care at a hospital in Salamanca and remains “groggy” but “in good spirits,” the family member said.

Milley, a sophomore at the University of Mississippi, was spending a semester studying abroad in Spain when he visited Ciudad Rodrigo, near the Portuguese border, for an annual bull-running festival.

The student from Marietta, Ga., who according to his family member stands at 6 feet, 3 inches, was running when the bull appeared to catch his baggy pants with its hoof.

The brutal goring was caught on camera: the bull appears to catch Milley from behind with its horn before flipping Milley and continuing to spear him in the street as Milley lies in obvious pain.

Bystanders eventually were able to get him to safety. He spent three hours undergoing an operation that the surgeon told the Associated Press was “the biggest goring wound I’ve ever had to operate on.”

“We’re obviously very upset about what happened,” said the family member, who admitted that it has been tough seeing the images of Milley’s goring splashed on TV and websites. “His parents are talking to him.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom