• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

xbhaskarx

Looks like the salary info prematurely leaked the news of a new FCD signing...

Is Cirigliano FC Dallas’ Mystery Midfielder?

Putting the pieces that can be found across the web, and now tied with the release of MLS players salaries that includes Adrian Ezequiel Cirigliano, a 22 year old Argentinian midfielder. This fits nicely with what we’ve learned already from Fernando Clavijo’s recent comments and yesterday’s trade of Kyle Bekker.

Pretty safe to speculate that is the player FC Dallas will announce as soon as his Visa and other paperwork are sorted out.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
2nd in a terrible East. One game above .500. Now imagine where we'd be with some talent brought in using the available cap space. And if Red Bull does want to be cheap, what will prevent any clubs from attempting to buy our young talent like Miazga and Lawrence?

And why should tickets go up in price if wages have gone down about 70%? There's no demand for these seats other than games against NYCFC.

Perhaps they will use the available cap space for big name players but I doubt that's going to happen. I'll eat crow if true, but it seems to me that Red Bull simply wants to make the team profitable. But the question is, why? To make it a more valuable asset for possible investors? Or to offset the money the corporation has purportedly been losing from their other ventures?

Probably to raise the price of the team in an eventual sale.

xbhaskarx

I'll put my money on NYRB adding salary and DPs and not selling the team... either way it will be interesting to see what happens.

Meier

That's absolutely incredible that NYRB have the lowest wage in the league given the fact they're a big name team. Really impressive performance from them this year all things considered.

Osorio

That's absolutely incredible that NYRB have the lowest wage in the league given the fact they're a big name team. Really impressive performance from them this year all things considered.

Not really what the fans had in mind when a company worth 7.2 Billion dollars buys your team and rebrands it.

xbhaskarx

some details...

Beckham United & Miami mayor agree on new MLS stadium plan

After a meeting with Beckham United ownership, Miami Mayor Tomas Regalado announced on Friday a tentative deal with the club to construct a privately financed stadium near Marlins Park, at the site of the old Orange Bowl, which a Beckham United spokesperson called "another step forward."

"Today's meeting with Mayor Regalado was another positive step toward bringing a world-class soccer club to Miami," the spokesperson said in a statement. "We're still in the early planning stages and several viable options still exist, but our preferred stadium location is the former Orange Bowl site.

Mayor Regalado told reporters he will now seek approval from city commissioners to begin discussions.

gutshot

ESPN FC: Didier Drogba offered MLS contract as Chicago Fire lead chase - sources

Major League Soccer has made a contract offer to Ivorian striker Didier Drogba, multiple sources have told ESPN FC, but there is competition from an unknown Qatari club.

Sources have also confirmed that within MLS, several teams are in the mix to land Drogba, with the Chicago Fire making the strongest push. One source said the Fire was prepared to offer Drogba an 18-month contract worth around $2.5 million per year.

Another source would only state that MLS had made an offer to the Ivory Coast international, and that they could receive an answer as soon as this weekend.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'll put my money on NYRB adding salary and DPs and not selling the team... either way it will be interesting to see what happens.

If they add a DP or two during this window I'd agree, but right now it looks like they're trying to juice profits so they can up the asking price.

xbhaskarx

Looks like Chicago would become the third team to use TAM...

Chicago already has three Designated Players on its roster in Shaun Maloney, David Accam, and Kennedy Igboananike, so if it were to sign Drogba, it would need to use some of the new Targeted Allocation Money to buy down the salary of one of those players -- mostly likely Accam or Igboananike -- in order to comply with MLS roster rules.

Lunar FC

How did I never notice that the US away jerseys have pink borders for the numbers.

If you guys were to get a jersey, who would you get? There is like nobody I'm confident in.

xbhaskarx

Fucking Sebastian Lletget has five goals in MLS now in ~450 minutes, plus one in Open Cup, and has drawn two penalties... and had that nice karate kick volley off the crossbar earlier in this game...
I was really hoping the Quakes would sign him since he's from the bay area, but of course our front office is a joke. Can't wait to be infuriated once again in six months when Klinsmann calls Graham Zusi and Brad Davis to January camp over him...

Meier

Keep forgetting to add Lletget (sp) to my fantasy team. Dude is a machine.

I was all excited for CB when the Quakes were up 2-0 and then I checked my phone 10 mins later and it was 2-2... all downhill from there.

I was all excited for CB when the Quakes were up 2-0 and then I checked my phone 10 mins later and it was 2-2... all downhill from there.
I enjoyed a few minutes of it before it got out of hand.

Lol:
Few enjoy swatting questions like Kinnear. Q: "You guys were leading 2-0. What happened?" Kinnear: "We gave up 5 goals. We lost the game."

Looks like a few more Cuban defectors since their last game. I wonder if they'll have trouble fielding a team today.

San Jose has played really well against the LA Galaxy this year. Luckily, the La Galaxy were able to turn it around after being behind by two goals.

Seeing Beckham and Donovan at the game brought back good memories. Maybe they can rejoin the team for a veterans minimum or something.
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/yuGDvOs.jpg?1[/IMG]

With Giovani dos Santos coming next to the team, it be interesting to see what line up Arena decides to go with. I have an idea, but who knows. Hopefully, the La Galaxy can actually start winning games away from home.

Mory Dunz

CKOMjt_UkAABpGb.png:large

I like it. Brooks over Alvarado for me though. He looked a scrub when he got beat last game.

Mory Dunz

I'm surprised Chandler's in.
I'm not. He's basically untouchable it would seem. I was hoping Beasley or yedlin woukd start instead.

At least bedoya is still in. Zardes shoukd maybe be a sub but we'll see if being a Winger helps.

Johannsson needs to score.

Mory Dunz

Brooks not even a sub. Interesting.

Hope Beckerman doesn't get run over.

It'd be nice to see mixx but he can't really play anywhere that'd be helpful here.

Why can't yedlin be tried at rb?
It's completely ridiculous that Altidore gets benched mote than chandler imo.

I bet he will today.
Hope so

Top Bottom