• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm assuming each time you need it. Though from what I've heard, you can unlock the UFO ability via scanning the Kirby-brand Kirby amiibo in-game as well without said amiibo. As for those unique costumes, I don't know.

Also Gamexplain confirmed you can only scan 10 amiibo in the game per day.

Zalman

Yipeeeeeeeeee

CklCbfrXAAIzmrL.jpg:small

Velcro Fly

so what unspeakable acts do i have to commit to get a mega yarn yoshi

i told myself i didn't want it but fuck yoshi is cool and i want it

Isn't a standalone Digby supposed to release today?

Also, GameStop didn't get any boxes of Animal Crossing cards in and Toys R Us only got one box and won't sell me more than two packs.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
New Amiibos, at long last! Gonna assume the fad continues to be dead and just go to Best Buy after work. Only planning on buying Kirby Riding a Super Star and Waddle Dee.

Best back art?

Best back art.

Yeesh, that Dedede back art is better than the figure itself.

Kind of forgot about Summer Isabelle coming out today too. I have room for ONE more Animal Crossing amiibo on my shelf, so I kind of hope they are done with them after this. I'm going to have to do some creative reorganization once the next Splatoon wave comes out.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Today's amiibo seem kinda rare. I thought I could just walk in and get em around 2pm. MK, WD and Isabelle were gone.

Things quieting down now, so I guess they are publishing less. Also because of the surplus of AC that are in stock, too. Glad I pre-ordered then, since I won't be able to get them for a few hours.

KingBroly

Banned
Things quieting down now, so I guess they are publishing less. Also because of the surplus of AC that are in stock, too. Glad I pre-ordered then, since I won't be able to get them for a few hours.

It's gonna go in cycles

AC is everywhere, no one wants it
Kirby is nowhere, everyone wants it
Zelda is everywhere, no one wants it
Metroid is nowhere, no one wants it cuz it's Fed Farce

RedBoot

I still think smash Dedede is way better than this one

Yeah, was kind of hoping for a surprise restock of that one and Meta Knight alongside the Kirby versions, especially since they're both part of that ~7 character group that never got any restocks (with Robin, Lucina, Rosalina, Wario).

Anyway, my BB didn't have any non-reserved amiibo, so maybe these will be tough to find. I'll have to look elsewhere. Gonna be a bit annoyed if these are scarce simply because Nintendo's overreacting to nobody buying the buckets of AC amiibo they overproduced.

So many new Amiibo today! The paint quality seems good on all of them, a couple scuff marks on Isabelle I can probably clean and some imperfections to the cloud Waddle Dee is sitting on, but it's nice not having to hunt through a sea of defective Amiibo anymore to find the one good one.

MANUELF

Banned
Yeah, was kind of hoping for a surprise restock of that one and Meta Knight alongside the Kirby versions, especially since they're both part of that ~7 character group that never got any restocks (with Robin, Lucina, Rosalina, Wario).

Anyway, my BB didn't have any non-reserved amiibo, so maybe these will be tough to find. I'll have to look elsewhere. Gonna be a bit annoyed if these are scarce simply because Nintendo's overreacting to nobody buying the buckets of AC amiibo they overproduced.

Were Wii Fit Trainer or Pit ever restocked? I dont remember

Package containing the new Meta Knight, King Dedede and Waddle Dee were stolen from my porch :( Damned Royal Mail didn't even bother ringing the bell and just threw it in there, the email saying it was delivered was the only reason I knew it had been but it was already gone.

Kind of a bummer but at least Nintendo seem alright with sending replacements. Got my Kirby with the game yesterday so at least that little guy is safe.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Package containing the new Meta Knight, King Dedede and Waddle Dee were stolen from my porch :( Damned Royal Mail didn't even bother ringing the bell and just threw it in there, the email saying it was delivered was the only reason I knew it had been but it was already gone.

They really need to rethink the whole mailing thing, worldwide. Tired of hearing people get their stuff stolen. I have friends that even installed a camera cause it happened a lot to their Amazon packages. People go by hunting that stuff down with backpacks all the time and it sucks.

They really need to rethink the whole mailing thing, worldwide. Tired of hearing people get their stuff stolen. I have friends that even installed a camera cause it happened a lot to their Amazon packages. People go by hunting that stuff down with backpacks all the time and it sucks.

Yeah I'm actually going to be getting a camera now. Also going to start locking our porch and will just have to pick up packages at the post office later.

I'm pretty sure it was the the scrotums who live across the road from me but whatever, not like I can prove anything and I'm getting replacements anyway. Thankfully they aren't out of stock or I'd be really upset.

Draxal

Which is why I get amiibos from BBUY pickup, same discount, gif certficates bonus, and no chance of package theft.

I also have packages delivered to my work address, I just treat the mailroom guys good.

Summer Isabelle, the four new Kirby amiibo and Planet Robobot safe and sound, even though the UPS guy didn't knock or ring the door. The game's for the teen, so I can't comment on that, but the amiibo look good.

Boogiepop

Got my Kirby line and Isabelle in, so I'm back to a complete set!

Also, any idea when/where I should order the series 4 card binder from to finish those off? None seem to have ended up on the US Amazon for sale yet... (Oh, and also a quick reminder that the card trading thread exists, now that we're on the final wave. Really want to just wrap up my complete set to be finished with them, as while they may be neat, stores can be a pain with them (mainly in terms of strict limits to online purchases combined with stores being incredibly inept with actually locating them. I swear it took like a half hour for the employees to find them when I went to Best Buy today...)

Edit: Also, huh, this is the first game since Mario Party that I didn't buy alongside the amiibo (which means that yes, I was a sucker and bought Amiibo Festival out of fear of stock issues thanks to the insanity that the Smash wave had been for a while). I'll get it eventually, but I actually still need to get around to playing Triple Deluxe, so it seemed exceptionally silly to pick it up now.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I strolled into Best Buy after work this evening with no preorder and found four Kirbys, one Dedede, one Waddle Dee and no Meta Knights. I was kinda surprised the stock was so low, but not too surprised after the reports in this thread. I mostly felt relieved that I got the last Waddle Dee. GCU FTW

Velcro Fly

Got all four Kirby amiibo and the game.

Both the amiibo and game are awesome. I have not experimented with amiibo usage in the game yet but I'm not sure if any of the smash amiibo will give me Cutter which is one of my favorite copy abilities.

NDPsycho

Any tips on where and how to trade AC cards? My daughter is trying to get a lolly (I think that's the spelling) card out of series 4 packs and is coming up empty.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Any tips on where and how to trade AC cards? My daughter is trying to get a lolly (I think that's the spelling) card out of series 4 packs and is coming up empty.

If you check the first post, I have a link to the Amiibo Cards Trading/Help Thread under the Helpful Links section!

I just redid the OT to make it more colorful and easy to read, but I still can't figure out a good way to let everyone know you can click on the pictures to go to links besides "CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO GO TO LINKS PLS". Hmmm.

So I guess TRU free shipping means no tracking or shipping notifications. But that said, I got my Yoshi and the 2 Kirby amiibo I wanted at lunch so i'd say today was a good day.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Got my set + Summer Isabelle tonight :) Also Robobot and the trading cards that come with it. I wonder how many total there are? I heard there were only a few variations in the packs. Too bad they aren't actual Amiibo cards, though. For some diversity.

Speaking of the cards, is there anywhere affordable that has the series 4 album up? I feel like France and Germany upped their shipping by a lot because I do not remember paying THAT much off there. I got the Series 1 and 3 albums from UK and France for Series 2, which was cheaper then, for some reason. 4 isn't even listed on UK. No third parties on Amazon.com yet, either.

EDIT: When trying to look it up I find this. Nooo my wallet was cooling down since Amiibo aren't as numerous anymore :(

NDPsycho

If you check the first post, I have a link to the Amiibo Cards Trading/Help Thread under the Helpful Links section!

I just redid the OT to make it more colorful and easy to read, but I still can't figure out a good way to let everyone know you can click on the pictures to go to links besides "CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO GO TO LINKS PLS". Hmmm.

Consider me properly shamed :) Thanks for the link, that's exactly what I needed.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Collection update!

106 total count

I love the new Kirby amiibo and it's nice to have the AC series finally complete.

This is one of the most impressive posts I've ever seen in one of these threads. Really well done.

So am I reading this correctly in that these Kirby amiibo are in pretty low numbers? Guessing AC over shipment scared them.

I saw a ton of them at my Target today. I suspect everyone is cleaning out Best Buy for dat GCU. Although Toys R Us had none at all today, and I don't know why.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What games can the new kirby amiibos be used on?
I don't know about Waddle Dee, but I would assume Kirby, Meta Knight, & Dedede would have the same features as their SSB versions.

Meaning, colors in Woolly World, random unlocks in Hyrule Warriors, costumes in Mario Maker, the bonuses in Rainbow Curse, and the other "scan any random amiibo" games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom