• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amnesia: Memories |OT| A Machine for Love

Shizuka

oAXIAiT.png

Product Information:

• Genre: Otome Visual Novel
  • Players: 1
  • Developer: Otomate / Idea Factory
  • Publisher: Idea Factory International
  • Platforms: Steam, Playstation Vita (PSTV compatible), iOS & Android
  • Release date: August 25th (Vita - North America / Steam - Worldwide), August 26th (Vita - Europe), Late August (iOS & Android)
  • ESRB: T for Teen
  • Price: $30 (NA PSN Store & Steam, while the latter has a first week 40% discount) - £25 (UK PSN Store) - €30 (EU PSN Store)
  • Language: English
  • Audio: Japanese
  • Direct links: Steam - NA PSN Store - UK/EU PSN Store

Story:

A story that takes place in a fictional world...

It was the 1st of August. That morning, when she awoke, the heroine found herself without any memories from before August 1st... Everything, from the sort of life she lived, to the relationships she had, was a blank...

A young boy named Orion appeared in front of her, referring to himself as a "spirit."
Under Orion's guidance, the heroine began the struggle to regain her memories.
She searched her house for clues about her everyday life, and received a message on her phone...

What was displayed on the screen was an unknown name to her.

Now, she is asked to meet with him, a boyfriend whose name and face she doesn't know. In a position where who to trust is uncertain, the heroine must move in a way that her memory loss remains undetected by her partner. Because of this, the story becomes tangled in complex ways.

With no memories of "him," our heroine will write a new love story starting today...

Characters:

3xrsA0F.jpg

Heroine

As she investigates her room and the people connected to her, she comes to know various information about herself, such as her life as a student, or that she has a part-time job. However...

kZVcvet.jpg

Shin

A young man who abruptly gives a kiss to the heroine after she wakes up in a hospital bed. He is apparently her childhood friend and lover. Having had others distance themselves because his father had committed murder, Shin is colder than is normal for his age. It's rare for him to become emotional, but he shows a deep affection towards those he considers close.

6hK5qjy.jpg

Kent

The heroine's rather brusque boyfriend, a mathematics graduate student who always
tries to take a bird's-eye view of matters. He has a tendency to take amusement in
phenomena that can't be clearly explained by logic. The people around him, along with their emotions, are subjects of his observation. For Kent, even love is something that needs to be explained with logic.

uonNHKD.jpg

Ikki

A young man with an idol-like popularity, who is also the heroine's lover. Ikki has a unique condition that makes women fall in love with him when they look into his eyes. Having given up on having a true relationship, he lives life as a playboy college student, indulging himself in transient pleasures. His interest in the heroine is largely due to his "eyes" not working on her.

a65sKdD.jpg

Toma

When the heroine wakes, she finds herself collapsed on an unfamiliar road. She sees Toma beside her as he whispers, "I will protect you." Toma has been steadily watching the Heroine from a close distance in an older brother-like fashion. His desire to protect and love the heroine are extremely strong, to the point that his mental state sometimes becomes unstable...

a7qGY0c.jpg

Ukyo

A strange young man who unexpectedly appears everywhere. He gives the heroine mysterious warnings, then vanishes. Whether he wants to protect the heroine or harm her is unclear.

Screenshots:

Limited edition:

1rxWZ5X.jpg

“Remnants of Love Keepsake Box Edition” ($39.99)

Amnesia Dreamy Summer Body Pillow Case
Amnesia Softcover Artbook
Amnesia Soundtrack CD
Collector’s Box
(Amnesia: Memories game code NOT INCLUDED.)

1vDay3S.jpg

“Limited Edition” ($54.98)

Amnesia: Memories Steam Digital Code (Send via Email)
Amnesia Dreamy Summer Body Pillow Case
Amnesia Artbook
Amnesia Soundtrack CD
Collector’s Box

Credits:

Idea Factory Internacional Amnesia: Memories Official Website.
Gematsu for additional information.
Thanks MidnightRain for the additional info and characters banners.

I edited some wallpapers from Amnesia’s Japanese website.

PS Vita Wallpapers

Desktop Wallpapers:
1920 X 1200, 1366 X 768, 1280 X 1024, 1280 X 720

jzbluz

Haha, I was confused for bit. Good job on the OT though!

I'm not going to buy the game until a couple of more months, but I hope everyone else enjoys the game.

Tapejara

Damn, we get this now and next month we get SOMA. That's a good couple of months.

SOMA will tie up all of the loose ends!

--

Looking forward to checking it out, but not for a while as this week + September are going to be painful on my wallet. Will probably check it out 'round October.

Also, amazing title, Shizuka.

Kirie

Fantastic title and OT Shizuka!

My body is ready for the
cage

Won't be able to play it until the weekend, but massively looking forward to it. Not sure who I want to go for first.. Any recommendations on a good order?

ss-hikaru

Is the soundtrack CD just a sampler? Is it the only way to get the soundtrack? Is the music any good? What does SOMA stand for and is it a sequel/prequel? So the keepsake box is just the goodies? That would be cool, as I want to buy it digitally on Vita.

Feeling biased towards Shin already, I blame it on the red :p Oh and maybe the name "Shin" as well...

This line amused me greatly.

For some reason I had this confused with another otome game which has the heroine secreting poison from her skin. Anybody knows the title of that one?

In any case, this game's premise seems fresh enough, but the character designs are not really to my liking. 50% discount huh? Hmm...

Saphirax

This line amused me greatly.

For some reason I had this confused with another otome game which has the heroine secreting poison from her skin. Anybody knows the title of that one?

In any case, this game's premise seems fresh enough, but the character designs are not really to my liking. 50% discount huh? Hmm...

Code:Realize.

Westraid

Nice OT!
I already played the Japanese version on the Vita
and the PSP
, but I'll get the English version to support the genre. Hope more games will be translated in the future.
I thought Amnesia was really good, liked the story alot, definitely pays off to do all the routes. Ikki for best husbando imho.

Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ maybe?

Great OT Shizuka. *thumbs up*

Probably won't be getting this for a while yet, too many other games are coming out soon, but it's nice to see titles like these getting more spotlight in the west.

pariah164

Nice OT, Shizuka.

I may snag the Steam version due to sale; as much as I would love to have this on the go... dat price...

Shizuka

Steam link is up (40% discount).

MINIMUM:
Processor: Core 2 Duo (1.20Ghz or more)
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: 960×540; onboard sufficient
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 3 GB available space
Sound Card: Direct Sound supported environment (should work on any legal windows device)

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Core i3 or greater
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: 1920×1080; onboard sufficient
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 3 GB available space
Sound Card: Direct Sound supported environment (should work on any legal windows device)

Aerocrane

There's really no way to get it to work as only files downloaded are amnesia.exe, root.pfs and a couple Steam's own files. This all in total takes 4 MB of space. Someone probably just pushed out the wrong version as release build. There have been games releasing on Steam where the download is only a DirectX installer and none of the actual game files. I'll be happy as long as I get to play Amnesia tomorrow when I come home from work.

Saphirax

There's really no way to get it to work as only files downloaded are amnesia.exe, root.pfs and a couple Steam's own files. This all in total takes 4 MB of space. Someone probably just pushed out the wrong version as release build. There have been games releasing on Steam where the download is only a DirectX installer and none of the actual game files. I'll be happy as long as I get to play Amnesia tomorrow when I come home from work.

Hopefully it gets fixed for you guys soon! Read Grandia 2 had the same problem and that was fixed fast.

SURGEdude

Got tricked by the thread title. Was hoping I had missed out on a nice addition to that great franchise. Instead I see what seems to be the most generic looking anime thing I've seen in a while.

But hey always glad to see another PC release so there's that.

Jazz573

Got tricked by the thread title. Was hoping I had missed out on a nice addition to that great franchise. Instead I see what seems to be the most generic looking anime thing I've seen in a while.

You'd be very mistaken there, then.

Saphirax

Will never understand why some people do this. While this game may not be your cup of tea, there is no need to disparage something you know nothing about.

Tricked me too. Thought I won't comment on the anime as I don't know enough to make a judgement.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Will never understand why some people do this. While this game may not be your cup of tea, there is no need to disparage something you know nothing about.

To be fair, one can expect a bit of brand confusion when you use the exact same word as another brand. "A Machine for..." also being similar to the last Amnesia horror game PC title just adds to the confusion.

Saphirax

To be fair, one can expect a bit of brand confusion when you use the exact same word as another brand. "A Machine for..." also being similar to the last Amnesia horror game PC title just adds to the confusion.

That's to be expected unfortunately. However there's no need for 'generic anime crap' drive by comments.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
That's to be expected unfortunately. However there's no need for 'generic anime crap' drive by comments.

This I can agree with.

I thought about trying to put together some joke about brand confusion and naming the game AmnesiaU, but it wasn't really coming together well.

Code:Realize.
Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ maybe?
Aa yes, that's the one. Thank you!

a whole lot less pool throwing, a little bit of something else :p

not all the guys abuse her, just like one or two...but its with love~
Aw, really? I don't mind playful teasing, but the lovable abusive boyfriend thing is such a turn off for me.

... Wait, is this the one where the MC is
locked in a cage
?

Shizuka

Regarding the first week discount being exclusive to the Steam version, Idea Factory International replied on Facebook:

Although we can set a sale price for the first week of our Steam releases, unfortunately we can't always do the same for titles on PSN.

We'll definitely take your feedback into consideration and see what we can do for titles that release simultaneously on PSN/Steam in the future. Thanks!

Top Bottom