• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An UK magazine reveals future interesting details for PSP

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
The PSP was designed to be "cool". What cool games are there? The coolest, to most, are SotN, FF7, Silent Hill, RE2, etc. All available, soon, on the PSP... and the PS1 coincedently.

The best thing is we get to experience all these games with no loading screens! The only thing that made them atrochious in the first place, btw. Memory Stick FTW!

AniHawk

kinoki said:
The PSP was designed to be "cool". What cool games are there? The coolest, to most, are SotN, FF7, Silent Hill, RE2, etc. All available, soon, on the PSP... and the PS1 coincedently.

The best thing is we get to experience all these games with no loading screens! The only thing that made them atrochious in the first place, btw. Memory Stick FTW!

FF7 was always atrocious.

MoxManiac said:
Without FMVs, FF7 could probably fit on one disc.
Twice.

AdmiralViscen said:
The fourth disc of FF8 locks out almost all non-essential locations. Wouldn't that mean the fourth disc alone is nearly 700MB of FMV?
Yeah, VIII's last disc probably did take nearer a full disc. The others would've still been using a majority, though. Video is the easiest thing to lessen in size, though. Consider how much 480x272 video goes onto a video UMD. Any PS1 FF's FMV would be shorter and lower resolution.

davepoobond said:
galactic.jpg
I tried one of those, but every time I turned around there was a Goa'uld coming out of my toilet. :/

Furoba said:
Some titles must be nearly unplayable too I reckon, due to the screen size.
?

Top Bottom