• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Androgynous women are goddamn sexy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
funny-gifs-and-headdesk.gif

Ezalc

CaptYamato said:
Not really. This is the reason I don't like Hyo from SNSD.

What the fuck?! Hyo isn't androgynous she's just fit, have you seen DEM LEGS?! Gatdamn she probably has the hottest legs in SNSD with Sooyoung in second.

DiscoJer

I dunno about those examples - even in men's clothing they are still obviously women.

I think most really androgynous looking women are well, lesbians. Ellen de Generis, Rosie O Donnel, k.d. lang.

A few exceptions, Grace Jones (who I would say is attractive), Bea Arthur (even that it's mostly her shoulders and hair that makes her look so), Rachel Maddow, Peggy Bundy (who I always think really looks like Grandpa Munster)

But really, there are very few women that genuinely look like a guy, and yet so many men that could easily pass as women, without trying to look so.

suzu

Definition of ANDROGYNOUS
: having the characteristics or nature of both male and female
a : neither specifically feminine nor masculine <the androgynous pronoun them> b : suitable to or for either sex <androgynous clothing>

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
It seems some people are confusing thin women in general for meaning women who could be confused with men on some level?

Dead Man

suzu said:
Definition of ANDROGYNOUS
: having the characteristics or nature of both male and female
a : neither specifically feminine nor masculine <the androgynous pronoun them> b : suitable to or for either sex <androgynous clothing>
Yeah, it doesn't mean manly, just having characteristics that belong to both.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
It seems some people are confusing thin women in general for meaning women who could be confused with men on some level?

Yeah, GAF does this all the time. The whole "looks like a 12 year old boy" to describe thin women thing.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
ElectricBlue187 said:
She could fool me into thinking she's a dude. I'm Not There, for example.

Yeah, no.

Cate-Blanchett.jpg

Dead Man

StudioTan said:
Yeah, no.

http://images.wikia.com/familyguy/images/9/96/Cate-Blanchett.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Yeah, yes.

[IMG]http://www.wildsound-filmmaking-feedback-events.com/images/cate_blanchett_bob_dylan.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom