• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

How many players is Ticket to Ride? Just one on one?
Pretty sure it's 3-5*. I bought the one with the Humble Bundle and with the default map and 1910 map you can choose 3-5 players.

That said, I'm really, really disappointed with it. I have TTR Pocket on iOS (work iPad, game was free for one day a while back) and it supports proper async play. The Android version is the same as the Steam version, if everyone isn't on at the same time you can't play. If your connection isn't great you get kicked out and a bot takes your place. Not that I'd know because I couldn't get a proper 3 player game going yesterday, and two of us tried both Steam and Android.

If the people you want to play with won't be online at the same time you are, don't buy it on Android.

*I have a physical copy of Nordic Countries and tsar supports 2-3 players. I bet that map is available as DLC.

anddo0

"This app is incompatible with all of your devices."

Well, okay then. Looks like there's a roll-out or something. Can't imagine this being incompatible with all those major devices.

BadWolf

Can you guys recommend some good, simple and fun games for android? I have a Nexus 7 (2013).

Simple in controls and fun is key as these are for my mom, who isn't much of a gamer so anything complex will have her running for the hills.

So far I got her a word search game (she is going in hard and aiming for high scores lol) and Seven Stars 3D 2 (she likes the simple and easy to get into controls).

Ensirius

Can you guys recommend some good, simple and fun games for android? I have a Nexus 7 (2013).

Simple in controls and fun is key as these are for my mom, who isn't much of a gamer so anything complex will have her running for the hills.

So far I got her a word search game (she is going in hard and aiming for high scores lol) and Seven Stars 3D 2 (she likes the simple and easy to get into controls).

Triple Town

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spryfox.tripletown&hl=es

Puzzle game. Nice little game.

linsivvi

My S3 and Tablet Z are crying. I don't understand why they don't test these games on more devices.

They most likely are. If you click on the install and choose device it'll say cannot be installed in your device's country. So in this case incompatible simply means it's not available for your country.

SumGamer

I'm considering to buy Super Hexagon. But I'm not sure yet.

Love the way that game present itself. If you like challenging arcade style kinda game then you might like it.

Also, for PvZ2 and others games/apps. If you click on the Install button on Google Play website then click on the "No eligible devices for app install". The device list will show the reason why each one is not eligible. In this case, it's not yet available in my region.

Truespeed

Plants vs. Zombies 2 is now available on the Play store but strangely it's not compatible with my Nexus 4, 7 and 10. A little strange. Has anyone one else been able to download it?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.game.pvz2_row&hl=en

My S3 and Tablet Z are crying. I don't understand why they don't test these games on more devices.

That's crazy that it isn't available on the S3. It's the most popular android phone in the world! There must be something wrong.

give it a week. it happens to some of the new games that people post here (Marvel one)

This isn't Electronic Arts, it's their subsidiary EA Swiss Sarl so you won't be able to download it regardless of your device. These games are for a specific region.

Axiom

I've picked up a 2012 Nexus 7 for my mum at Christmas and she loves herself some Solitaire, Crosswords and word searches. Clubhouse Games and Crosswords DS were basically her dream games.

I was wondering if there's anything along those lines that stands out on Android so I can have it all ready for her, because it will basically be a Solitaire device most of the time.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I didn't see it mentioned already, so sorry if this is old...

Candy Crush Saga is now on Amazon's App Store, free naturally. For people in the Kindle Fire world, that's good to finally get. Runs well, and I am enjoying replaying older levels.

wildfire

Banned

I haven't played Super Hexagon myself but I read a few reviews and it is easy to understand why it is good.

I have play Drop7 and I recommend that as a great time killer. Also tell her don't be intimidated by the hardcore mode. It's more like an alternative rules set than anything ridiculously hardcore.

If your mom is an achievement whore get her Temple Run 2. I own this game and it requires a lot more speed and dexterity than games she would be used to playing but the mechanics are very simple, the art direction is on point in immersing you and as long as you like getting achievements you'll be playing this game a lot.

Triple Town is good alternative for Drop7. They are completely different games but IMO there isn't a reason to have so many puzzle games at once.

Renoir

Orbital

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.bitforge.android.orbital&hl=en
dBY9mQh3JY7FtIzQXdMX6goA9_FJwbc7iSGEqmKIWClvxWHFezhF_Rn7dzPPvlIhmQc=h310

BadWolf

Check out The Room and The Tiny Bang Story. Should be fine.

I haven't played Super Hexagon myself but I read a few reviews and it is easy to understand why it is good.

I have play Drop7 and I recommend that as a great time killer. Also tell her don't be intimidated by the hardcore mode. It's more like an alternative rules set than anything ridiculously hardcore.

If your mom is an achievement whore get her Temple Run 2. I own this game and it requires a lot more speed and dexterity than games she would be used to playing but the mechanics are very simple, the art direction is on point in immersing you and as long as you like getting achievements you'll be playing this game a lot.

Triple Town is good alternative for Drop7. They are completely different games but IMO there isn't a reason to have so many puzzle games at once.

Thanks guys, will look into all of those.

is temple run 2 better than subway surfers?

Renoir

Hmmm. Looks really good, but I'm not sure if I want to drop $3 on it with all that I have to play currently.

Still playing Jungle Run, Asphalt 8, Madden, and Hero Academy and I just got back into Fractal as well. Plus I just got ticket to ride soooo. Hmmmm
they have a "lite" vers. i got lucky and got it for .99 one day..

v1lla21

Has anyone played kingdom rush frontiers? I feel like buying it since it looks like a fun game.

What games do you guys frequently play? I play real racing 3 and star wars pinball a lot. I've played candy crush and other popular mobile games but I play them for about 2 weeks and never touch them again. Contra is in the store so I'll give that a go, and maybe rayman too.

Seventy5

So....anyone else hooked on Clash of Clans? I normally hate these timer based games, but I'm addicted to this one. I haven't spent any real money on it....yet. Anyone know any other good games like this so I can play something else between timers?

Erehtih

So....anyone else hooked on Clash of Clans? I normally hate these timer based games, but I'm addicted to this one. I haven't spent any real money on it....yet. Anyone know any other good games like this so I can play something else between timers?

I just got started with clash of clans and I'm so tempted to blow all my gems.. I wonder if there's a GAF clan or something.

reKon

Banned
I started on Castle Clash (a clone) before Clash of Clans so I'm still playing that one. I really enjoy the hero system on Castle Clash and they will be getting guilds/clans soon. It also recently supports device linking so I can play on multiple devices (but Clash of Clans has implemented it better)

There's also probably about 10+ clones of these games on Android. I really should just quit though as these games really do suck compared to the best that Android Gaming offers.

RM8

Kingdom Rush Frontiers is suddenly available on my phone, glad they fixed that. But now my desire to spend money on this game of this genre I typically don't enjoy is gone, lol. There should be a demo :/

linsivvi

I started on Castle Clash (a clone) before Clash of Clans so I'm still playing that one. I really enjoy the hero system on Castle Clash and they will be getting guilds/clans soon. It also recently supports device linking so I can play on multiple devices (but Clash of Clans has implemented it better)

There's also probably about 10+ clones of these games on Android. I really should just quit though as these games really do suck compared to the best that Android Gaming offers.

Clash of Clans isn't that original of an idea anyway. There were tons of similar games running on Flash sites and Facebook years ago. They did improve a lot on the formula and is probably the best among similar styled games.

aravuus

Clash of Clans isn't that original of an idea anyway. There were tons of similar games running on Flash sites and Facebook years ago. They did improve a lot on the formula and is probably the best among similar styled games.

For me, it was the same as Angry Birds. I've played tons of games like CoC and AB but those two still entertain me way more than the others. I fucking hate iaps but goddamn these games are addictive.

e: maybe i'm a brand slave

Top Bottom