• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threi

notag
funny, it did the opposite for me. I went back to my old infuse for a bit and was like "...this really isn't that bad."

A 480x800 SAMOLED screen.

*shrug*

oh well bring on the 1080p 5" screens that everyone loves so much i guess :/

Protome

Side note Nexus 7 has semi made me a screen quality whore.
I'm hoping the screen on the Nexus 5 is as good as the 7. Moving from my Nexus S to the 4 was such a disappointment on that front. Sure the resolution and such were better, but the Nexus 4's screen is so washed out in comparison to almost every other phone ive used.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
What's the best way to get notified to buy a Nexus 5 as soon as it goes up? Is it only going to be via Google's store thing again (Doesn't seem like it)?

Thanks!

panda21

its weird that they are promoting this googy + event as moments that matter. its like they are trolling us at maximum capacity. unless the info blowout happens before the event and then they discuss the goog+ changes in android (g+ gallery etc)

I'm glad Samsung made a device with the look and feel of TouchWiz.

5GzitDC.jpg

Gaaraz

Guys, in my phone app, under the contact listing it always showed my frequently contacted people there... how do I get it back? Or at the very least maybe some sort of 'favourites' system like iOS has? I hate having to keep trawling through my contacts, when realistically there are only a handful of numbers I regularly call

(edit) oh! If you go into the 'People' app you can hit the star in the top right of each contact's profile page. They show up at the very top now which is great, but the tiles are huge... will see if I can change that somehow

zbeeb

Guys, in my phone app, under the contact listing it always showed my frequently contacted people there... how do I get it back? Or at the very least maybe some sort of 'favourites' system like iOS has? I hate having to keep trawling through my contacts, when realistically there are only a handful of numbers I regularly call

(edit) oh! If you go into the 'People' app you can hit the star in the top right of each contact's profile page. They show up at the very top now which is great, but the tiles are huge... will see if I can change that somehow

New phone? Frequent contacts will automatically move to the top of the list as you start making more calls and texts. Otherwise, as you discovered, you can star favourite contacts and it shows them as tiles.

yyzjohn

Banned
So now the speculation is that this Google+ event will be where they unveil the Nexus 5 and 4.4 because Vic Gundotra used a #momentsthatmatter hashtag when talking about the event on Google+.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Coul...ling-at-todays-Google-event-after-all_id48827

Leave it to Google to announce their latest flagship phone and newest OS release at a press event headlined by their little-used social network.

Little used? There's over a billion people registered to it.

Little used? There's over a billion people registered to it.

Most of them didn't have a choice or were tricked into it. I still hate Google for turning my YouTube account into that Google+ crap by asking every single time and that one time I didn't pay attention and boom, welcome to G+, bitch.

Groof

So now the speculation is that this Google+ event will be where they unveil the Nexus 5 and 4.4 because Vic Gundotra used a #momentsthatmatter hashtag when talking about the event on Google+.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Coul...ling-at-todays-Google-event-after-all_id48827

Leave it to Google to announce their latest flagship phone and newest OS release at a press event headlined by their little-used social network.

PhoneArena can eat shit. Like, seriously. They and Android Authority are like the two worst sites to listen to when it comes to news and rumours.

gutshot

PhoneArena can eat shit. Like, seriously. They and Android Authority are like the two worst sites to listen to when it comes to news and rumours.

That may be true, but this isn't a rumor so much as it is a connecting of the dots. We shall see in an hour or so...

Amen, sister.

PhoneArena is absolutely dogshit. From the 32gb/3000mAh to the MEMS camera bullshit, they're the fucking Michael Pachter of Nexus 5 predictions, i.e., ALWAYS wrong.

Gaaraz

New phone? Frequent contacts will automatically move to the top of the list as you start making more calls and texts. Otherwise, as you discovered, you can star favourite contacts and it shows them as tiles.
Thank you, nope I've been using this for ages now (Galaxy S3) but maybe a Cyanogenmod messed it up somehow, unfortunately there's definitely nothing like most frequently contacted, though there used to be

Uhhh phonebloks is real? I did not see that coming. Way to go, Googlerola. Even if it comes out as a horrible Frankenstein's monster, it's still great exploration that might lead to other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom