• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groof

Rumour has it the G3 Mini will be a proper mini version a la Z1 Compact. Do hope that's true, because we need to get that movement going.
If the mini version doesn't even resemble the original in any other way than name and looks, they should just rename them into something else.

Also, isn't it high time we discuss OT4?

Hi guys. I recently sent my phone for repairing and i have noticed the battery was a bit crappier than it used to do i checked the battery graph and i see that it seems like wifi is constantly running even though i have it turned off! WTF, does anyone know why?.

JJaBtkx

yyzjohn

Banned
Hi guys. I recently sent my phone for repairing and i have noticed the battery was a bit crappier than it used to do i checked the battery graph and i see that it seems like wifi is constantly running even though i have it turned off! WTF, does anyone know why?.

JJaBtkx

When you go into Wifi settings --> Advanced do you have an option called "Scanning always available" checked? That lets google scan for location info even if wifi is off.

Gwanatu T

Sony is the only one doing justice to minis... so sad...

Motorola is doing good too, the Droid lineup on Verizon are all the same specs as the Moto X no matter the size or config.

well by lg standards the moto x is mini

No, just no. The specs on the Moto X are not to be compared with the rest of the phones out there by just saying "HAW HAW MOTO X IS DOO-AL COER". Performance is what you should be looking at, and in that case it's toe to toe with most phones out there.

thespot84

Motorola is doing good too, the Droid lineup on Verizon are all the same specs as the Moto X no matter the size or config.

No, just no. The specs on the Moto X are not to be compared with the rest of the phones out there by just saying "HAW HAW MOTO X IS DOO-AL COER". Performance is what you should be looking at, and in that case it's toe to toe with most phones out there.

I'm just pointing out that the g2 mini and the moto x have the same screen sizes, yet no one would logically consider the moto x to be 'mini'. I'm not sure what your point is here...

hitsugi

Cross posting. A little LTTP

I had to change my wallpaper since it's NSFW (I got banned last time lol). Here is how it's done.

CM 11 + Apex Launcher Pro + Lumos icons + Widget Locker

I have had my phone setup like this for a while.

Oh, I really hope CM 11S comes out for all other devices besides the Oneplus One.

I've been a fan of that set up you have going on for a long time now. Thanks for posting this.

paolo11

I have a question. How come Google Chrome uses a lot of data? I'm using 5 GB 4g LTE and for 3 days I consumed 1GB already? I checked my data usage settings and Google is the most used data app. I never had a problem when I had a IPhone 4s using Safari. Is Chrome the data killer?

I don't download or stream videos or music at all. I just browse Neogaf, Google, N4g or Gamefaqs. Help...

Loving my Note 3 btw.

Cipherr

I have a question. How come Google Chrome uses a lot of data? I'm using 5 GB 4g LTE and for 3 days I consumed 1GB already? I checked my data usage settings and Google is the most used data app. I never had a problem when I had a IPhone 4s using Safari. Is Chrome the data killer?

I don't download or stream videos or music at all. I just browse Neogaf, Google, N4g or Gamefaqs. Help...

Loving my Note 3 btw.

Post a photo of the usage. Sounds really weird, and Im not sure how it could be possible for a browser to suck up data when you aren't using it. It is saying Google Search is eating the data? Or what?

Or better yet, set the mobile data limit to just above what it is now, so that the warning goes off when you hit the limit, then check and see what it is thats eating data while the phone is sleep.

paolo11

Post a photo of the usage. Sounds really weird, and Im not sure how it could be possible for a browser to suck up data when you aren't using it. It is saying Google Search is eating the data? Or what?

Or better yet, set the mobile data limit to just above what it is now, so that the warning goes off when you hit the limit, then check and see what it is thats eating data while the phone is sleep.

Ok I'll send it to you. Give me a few moments.

yogloo

Loving my Note 3 btw.
Download an app called onavo. It can give you a detailed description of your data usage.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
How many of you guys use cases? I ordered a Nexus 5 since I've had some issues with my Xperia Z, had a few cases but I always end up going back to using the phone naked. I'm debating getting cases for the Nexus 5 but I always get annoyed at the extra bulk most cases add onto the device, thus I go back to just using the phone without one.

I also don't use a screen protector because I don't see the point. Never had issues with my HTC Legend, S3 or Xperia Z.

How many of you guys use cases? I ordered a Nexus 5 since I've had some issues with my Xperia Z, had a few cases but I always end up going back to using the phone naked. I'm debating getting cases for the Nexus 5 but I always get annoyed at the extra bulk most cases add onto the device, thus I go back to just using the phone without one.

I also don't use a screen protector because I don't see the point. Never had issues with my HTC Legend, S3 or Xperia Z.
for a nexus 5 get a Ringke Slim. It's extremely affordable and extremely thin and feels great just like the back of the N5 does without a case. You're welcome motherfucker.

Screen protectors are for chumps.

Husker86

No cases or screen protectors for me. I used to always relent and buy a case, but I'd end up back to naked after a few days or maybe a week each time.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!

I use a diztronic case for my Nexus 5. Slim and minimalistic, it gets the job done.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FZ14E3S/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Just charged my S5 for 2 hours and 10 mins and only got from 37% to 97%. Fuck I hope this is not normal. Guess I'll play around with settings but all I have is WiFi and location services on; brightness at half. I wonder if this is the exchange services process fucking shit up. I work in IT and had a few people with problems on their S4's dying fast because of that.

Blackhead

Redarse

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I hope

A) The G3 has a fantastic camera

and

B) Google doesn't gut it when they make the next Nexus

Went out buying a new phone yesterday.

Was set on a Nexus 5 or Galaxy S4 (M8 and GS5 are too expensive).

Came home with a LG G2. Wow, for the price it offers a lot. Really like the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom