• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Volotaire

I wish I could wait for the fall release phones, but I need to replace mine within the next 2-3 months. S8/OP4 seem like likely candidates.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Damn, half the people in this thread gonna be on iPhone by next year

First time in a while Apple seems to be bringing it.

Plus Google seems to want to charge iPhone like pricing for the Pixel.

iPhone 8 seems to be next level so why pay that kind of cash for a half assed or even by the numbers Pixel 2?

I'm on a 3/4 month old 2 year S7 Edge contract, so I'm not doing anything until that's up. I'll probably look at Pixel 2/3/whatever then. Can't be dealing with an iPhone, none of the interactions make sense to me whenever I fiddle with my partner's

Jeffrey

My interest in new iPhone really does hinge on what they change with iOS 11.

Also don't forget about oneplus. They were basically 1-2 steps away from the top.

Better camera. Better screen. $500.

Blackhead

Redarse
First time in a while Apple seems to be bringing it.

Plus Google seems to want to charge iPhone like pricing for the Pixel.

iPhone 8 seems to be next level pricing so why pay that kind of cash for a half assed or even by the numbers Pixel 2?

ftfy. Rumors say the 'iPhone 8' is $1,000+. Pixel 2 will probably be $650. (Xiaomi Mii Mix 2 will probably be $500 and Samaung S8 will probably be ~$600 by Black Friday).

Vanillalite

OnePlus is my only Android hope this year.

On a side note Intel announced a new modem. Oh and look it has CDMA support. In theory it wouldn't be integrated obviously, but I wonder if companies who make their on chips would jump on this.

An Intel modem could mean Samsung would never have to use a Qualcomm chip ever again.

Vanillalite

ftfy. Rumors say the 'iPhone 8' is $1,000+. Pixel 2 will probably be $650. (Xiaomi Mii Mix 2 will probably be $500 and Samaung S8 will probably be ~$600 by Black Friday).

Pixel 2 with an iPhone 8 sized screen won't be $650 though. It'll be more like $800.

Jeffrey

I don't mind price hikes. Usually means they have a reason for it features wise.

Let's just hope it's not just a boring reason like inflation or another memory tier.

Vanillalite

Now you're just making shit up...

and even so: $800 != $1,000+

I guess. If you are willing to spend that on a Pixel I figure most will just get the iPhone since they just do monthly payments.

Plus in theory the iPhone has more base storage an the current base model Pixels. That could change for the Pixel 2 obviously.

OP4 is our only hope for something legit that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Just fix the pentile screen and I'm in. I know camera tech will just gradually improve like always, but I can't deal with a 1080p pentile screen in 2017.

Blackhead

Redarse
Plus in theory the iPhone has more base storage an the current base model Pixels. That could change for the Pixel 2 obviously.
Again you're just randomly speculating making shit up
I guess. If you are willing to spend that on a Pixel I figure most will just get the iPhone since they just do monthly payments...

OP4 is our only hope for something legit that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Just fix the pentile screen and I'm in. I know camera tech will just gradually improve like always, but I can't deal with a 1080p pentile screen in 2017.

Sure, many (not most though) people in general just get the iPhone. But the suggestion that half the people in the Android thread are going to switch to a $1,000** iPhone is just so laughable as not be worth responding to

**goddam if Apple is just trolling leakers and actually releases this 'iPhone 8' for $650 they would break the market. But Tim Cook ain't roll like that

Vanillalite

I'm not making shit up though?

Leaks suggest the iPhone 8 is 64 gigs base storage. So if the Pixel stays as is then that would be 32 gigs base?

Also you're new around here if you think it's laughable. You must not know what people do in phone land in these parts. LoL

Oni Jazar

I wish I could wait for the fall release phones, but I need to replace mine within the next 2-3 months. S8/OP4 seem like likely candidates.

I'm in the same boat. Actually I've been this way for 6 months now. Damn google and their expensive milquetoast pixel. I was so ready to jump in.

Quixzlizx

All those people so pissed off at the Pixel pricing claiming they were just going to buy an iPhone 7 instead but what happened next? *smh* carry on

The people who refuse to spend more than $600 on a phone aren't buying iPhones, but that isn't the entire Android userbase.

paskowitz

I paid $300 for a 64gb Nexus 6P. I'm running 7.1.1 Pure Nexus ROM and couldn't be happier with my Android experience. 4-5hrs average screen on time and easily 1 day on a single charge. Outside of the lack of quick charging and the phone's slight heft, I can't imagine needing a better user experience.

I suspect pricing is going to get out of control with Apple going higher up market causing Google to follow suit.

Why does everyone believe every ridiculous iPhone rumor?

It's like clockwork every year.

Asinine rumors only to lead to Siri got better, here's a new toggle that swipes up from the bottom, here's more of the same.

The flip floppers in here are frustrating. The Apple threads aren't crapped in this much.

Vanillalite

Why does everyone believe every ridiculous iPhone rumor?

It's like clockwork every year.

Asinine rumors only to lead to Siri got better, here's a new toggle that swipes up from the bottom, here's more of the same.

The flip floppers in here are frustrating. The Apple threads aren't crapped in this much.

What's ridiculous?

We know they are moving to an OLED screen. Both Samsung and Apple are moving towards software buttons. Tech for fingerprint readers in the screen have already been demoed. They just haven't been full implemented in a flagship yet.

There isn't anything fake news about the new Galaxy or iPhone this year. The Galaxy leaks were basically spot on to the real photos we got. The iPhone will be similar.

Some of you just seem to have irational hatered for certain companies like you're an Osirios alt account or something.

What's ridiculous?

We know they are moving to an OLED screen. Both Samsung and Apple are moving towards software buttons. Tech for fingerprint readers in the screen have already been demoed. They just haven't been full implemented in a flagship yet.

There isn't anything fake news about the new Galaxy or iPhone this year. The Galaxy leaks were basically spot on to the real photos we got. The iPhone will be similar.

Some of you just seem to have irational hatered for certain companies like you're an Osirios alt account or something.

*irrational hatred

This happens even with all phones. Only difference about Apple and other manufacturers is that Apple tends to veer more towards the same and other companies embrace new tech more. Oh, I know; Apple waits until it's perfect. Yeah, ok. The last 2 years have been "the SWhatever is going to have a 4k screen and 8GB RAM" so it's definitely happening on both sides.

Hasn't happened yet.

You're right, I don't like Apple. I can admit they have mostly quality products albeit at the expense of gouging their consumers for new dongles and whatnot. What I don't like is reading an Android thread for Apple news.

clav

Understand posting about the iPhone in an Android thread seems annoying as it is trolling.

Not much you can do about it though unless you want to control what people say.

Understand posting about the iPhone in an Android thread seems annoying as it is trolling.

Not much you can do about it though unless you want to control what people say.

Yeah, I definitely don't want to control anything so much as have it toned down a bit.

People just like to talk about phones in here. I don't think they are trolling. *Shrugs*

Agreed. I don't think anyone is trolling.

I pop in to Apple threads at times(my wife and son had an iPhone one time) to see what's going on. I like tech as a whole. I would just keep those topics at length to those threads personally. That's all.

Damon

BbI9COT.png

-
Currently rocking an iPhone 7 after my HTC 10.
For me this year its between the iPhone 8 and what Pixel 2 might do, but Im quite enjoying my first stint on iPhone so definitely looking forward to the iPhone 8.

Samsung just doesnt interest me in the slightest.

longdi

Banned
Sometimes i wonder if LG is trolling with that :O face.

It also seems like Korean phones got wind of iP8 bezels-less design and are all jumping into the bandwagon, creatively boring them are.

reKon

Banned
Sometimes i wonder if LG is trolling with that :O face.

It also seems like Korean phones got wind of iP8 bezels-less design and are all jumping into the bandwagon, creatively boring them are.

Why are you coining it as if it's an Apple created concept? Also, what are are you expecting in terms of design then? These phones look great and we barely have any bezel-less phones.

Jeffrey

There's rumors of a red iPhone. That could be rad. I remember my old red Mustang was nice. Kept getting pulled over though.

And lol at switching. It's called having a work iPhone. Personal Android phone.

Best of both worlds.

what Bluetooth headphones is everyone getting with their iPhone 8?

the AirPods look stupid as fuck and i'm pretty sure i would lose one or both since the wired ones were never a good fit for my ears and they don't come in Black so i was thinking of going with the Beats X and MKBHD likes them but they're not water resistant at all...

Mr.Shrugglesツ;230801796 said:
So what color iPhone 8 is everyone gonna get?
If all the rumors pan out I will probably end up getting the 64GB Jet Black iPhone 8. I'm not making the same mistake again of not getting Jet Black.

what Bluetooth headphones is everyone getting with their iPhone 8?

the AirPods look stupid as fuck and i'm pretty sure i would lose one or both since the wired ones were never a good fit for my ears and they don't come in Black so i was thinking of going with the Beats X and MKBHD likes them but they're not water resistant at all...
I will probably step up to a pair of PowerBeats 3's. My PowerBeats 2's are the best wireless headphones as they beat (haha) any other pair when it comes to fit and comfort for me.

Laekon

WTF did Google do to Google now? I rarely update apps but today I ran a lot and my Google now cards are gone. There is nothing on the screen now but a search bar. It's shit like this that's going to drive me to Apple.

Top Bottom