• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

DGGdRMDWAAEIEBP.jpg

https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/892167245740347393

We already knew, but for those who didn't, here's Note 8: THE OCHO

Between this, the iPhone 8, the LG G6/V30/Pixel XL and the Essential, Samsung really does the "bezelless" phones the best. The curvature on the edges makes all the difference. Sure, it's terrible for screen protectors and against drops, but it looks miles ahead of what the others attempt to do with their designs. Hopefully they can get the fingerprint sensor sorted out by the time the S9 launches.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
They will call it 5G for marketing reasons. Then the true 5G will be "5G <thing>".

Same with "4G" being HSPA and LTE being "4G LTE".

Probably. Lol

I don't really care what they are calling it.

I just wondered if anyone had tried it out yet if they happen to live in one of the test cities!

Futureman

I can't figure out how to get the little circle with dots on my dock with Nova! It was an option during setup but now I can't seem to add it. I know it's pointless with swipe up but I'm used to it... I'm in dock settings but still can't see it.

Jeffrey

I can't figure out how to get the little circle with dots on my dock with Nova! It was an option during setup but now I can't seem to add it. I know it's pointless with swipe up but I'm used to it... I'm in dock settings but still can't see it.
Hold screen. Widgets. Nova action.

Jeffrey

V30 is set to ditch the 2nd screen &#129300;
It's just a g6 plus plus

Shatterproof does not mean scratchproof, and scratches can subjective. Motorola encourages the use of a third-party screen protector for added scratch resistance. Over the three generations of ShatterShield, we’ve continued to evolve the design. This year, we’ve switched to a 3D design which makes it more competitive with other flagships, and we have test results that show it is just as durable as last year’s version. That being said, we will continue to evolve the design for continuous improvement. The unit you received was one of the very first production units and we do have an improvement in the works that consumers will see shortly after launch.

Consumers can get the top liner replaced by contacting the service center at their carrier or Best Buy.

I like how there solution is to just get a screen protector.

gerg

So the OnePlus 5 has arrived, and it's OK. It's not as amazing as I'd thought it would be, a lot heavier than the Nexus 5X I was used to. I think I will actually buy a Moto X Play - if it arrives in the trial period then it'll be good to see how the two compare.

So the OnePlus 5 has arrived, and it's OK. It's not as amazing as I'd thought it would be, a lot heavier than the Nexus 5X I was used to. I think I will actually buy a Moto X Play - if it arrives in the trial period then it'll be good to see how the two compare.
Why would you think it would be amazing when everything pointed to it being otherwise?

Jeffrey

yeah, op5 is my fav phone of 2017, but no one would call it 'amazing'. Heck every phone this year has its quirks.

a 2015 moto x play would be way cheaper though? Probably better battery too, but i'm curious how much snappier a sd 835 phone feels compare to a sd 615.

gerg

Why would you think it would be amazing when everything pointed to it being otherwise?

That is a fair point!

Given that a X2 Play is also 5.5", which I think I have discovered is too big for me, I might wait for the G5S. That looks like it might actually be perfect for me, and dropping very soon!

Edit: Nevermind, I seemed to be mixing up the features of the 5GS and 5GS Plus in the preview I read.

I really have no urge to upgrade my G6 so far this year. There's nothing going on in the near future I may want. The Moto X somewhat intrigues me but knowing it's Lenovo they'll fuck it up. The Pixel will be too expensive and hard to find. I think I'm good unless Huawei surprises me with the Mate 10 at a good price and available in the US.

Laekon

Anyone have experience with the Spigen Neo Hybrid case? I've never used a case besides the free bumper for the iPhone 4.

Jeffrey

Anyone have experience with the Spigen Neo Hybrid case? I've never used a case besides the free bumper for the iPhone 4.

they are pretty beefy, add a bit on each sides. They do look pretty nice though, but they are plastic so dings will look not amazing after a while.

reKon

Banned
Dual camera was the main thing I was waiting for that the iPhone 7 Plus has.

If next year they find a better solution for the fingerprint sensor, maintain the relatively good battery life, generally have the same design language, the S9 series will be a sure be for sure buy for me. My other main hope, which I know they won't do is to focus on optimizing the performance of the device to be more consistently smooth and be better at RAM management. I kind of don't want them to take the solution as throwing more RAM in and barely working on the software. They're in the position where they HAVE to be able to match up the Pixel and iPhone next year because of they are both going receive big upgrades at the end of this year. Pixel for title of the best Android phone and iPhone to as much of those sales as they can for those who are still open to it.

I use the transparent version of this case with my S7 Edge and it works great.

Gives the phone enough grip on the sides so I can hold it without touching the screen, but it's thin enough not to add much bulk either.

I have another Spigen case (one with a kickstand), but it's a bit bulkier and the vilume/power buttons are a little harder to feel for in the dark.

Sagitario

Is it true that the Note 8 will have a smaller battery than the S8+ but the same specs? Why? Isn't it supposed to be bigger/better?

Also, is there a way in Nova to make the apps appear as a list but grouped? Like this:

IronRaven

Can't wait until Android O breaks Android Pay.

Speaking of which, I tried using it recently, but the terminal kept blanking out when I used it so I ended up holding up the line a bit. I finally caved and used my chip card like some sort of Neanderthal.

I did not feel like I was living in the future in that moment.

I finally took the plunge and bought the Galaxy S8+ in Coral Blue. I'm coming from Note 5. I wanted to wait for either Note 8 or Pixel 2 XL, but I've wanted the Coral Blue S8+ version badly when it first came out and I'm glad it hit the US. So far (1 day usage), it's not a huge upgrade but this is just minimal app usage, however the battery life is amazing.

Is there no "Fast Charge" on this thing? It does charge in like 1 hour and 50ish minutes from 20% to full, but it doesn't say "Fast", using the cable+plug it came with.

NeOak

I finally took the plunge and bought the Galaxy S8+ in Coral Blue. I'm coming from Note 5. I wanted to wait for either Note 8 or Pixel 2 XL, but I've wanted the Coral Blue S8+ version badly when it first came out and I'm glad it hit the US. So far (1 day usage), it's not a huge upgrade but this is just minimal app usage, however the battery life is amazing.

Is there no "Fast Charge" on this thing? It does charge in like 1 hour and 50ish minutes from 20% to full, but it doesn't say "Fast", using the cable+plug it came with.

It only does Fast Charging when you aren't using it.

Top Bottom