• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

Jeffrey

T-MOBILE jump on demand allows you on switch to a new phone every 30 days now. Good if you hope around to different phones since you can get all the free shit like Netflix and vr headsets with each phone.

But then i'd have to use carrier bloat phones...

But then i'd have to use carrier bloat phones...

True, but you could get note 8, v30, iPhone 8, and then Pixel XL 2 if T-MOBILE offers it. Seems like a win especially if you factor in getting all the free promotional stuff. At the end you could just sell one of the phone and be out very little for always having the latest phone.

Jeffrey

True, but you could get note 8, v30, iPhone 8, and then Pixel XL 2 if T-MOBILE offers it. Seems like a win especially if you factor in getting all the free promotional stuff. At the end you could just sell one of the phone and be out very little for always having the latest phone.

Think i got my fill these days... also setting up bluetooth between devices, transfering over mobile game accounts etc.

essential phone... maybe. pixel xl 2 maybier.

Besides that... oneplus 6? Or maybe 5t if it goes 1440p.

Think i got my fill these days... also setting up bluetooth between devices, transfering over mobile game accounts etc.

essential phone... maybe. pixel xl 2 maybier.

Besides that... oneplus 6? Or maybe 5t if it goes 1440p.

You are crazy if you buy the essential phone. $700 to a company with no history that might not be in business in a few months is insane lol. Have you tried eis on the oneplus 5 at 4k now? It's impressive.

Jeffrey

You are crazy if you buy the essential phone. $700 to a company with no history that might not be in business in a few months is insane lol. Have you tried eis on the oneplus 5 at 4k now? It's impressive.

yep its pretty great. Feel like op5 is just a few software updates away from truly awesome auto cam action. It's nearly there imo.

Essential, I feel like they have enough VC money to last a few years, or definitely long enough before i get bored of essential phone lol.

I expect the dev scene would be decent too. Having it pop up on bestbuy is a good sign for returns at the very least.

yep its pretty great. Feel like op5 is just a few software updates away from truly awesome auto cam action. It's nearly there imo.

Essential, I feel like they have enough VC money to last a few years, or definitely long enough before i get bored of essential phone lol.

I expect the dev scene would be decent too. Having it pop up on bestbuy is a good sign for returns at the very least.

Has essential even shown off the software? Will it be stock android? I haven't seen anything shown off of the phone actually running lol

Jeffrey

Has essential even shown off the software? Will it be stock android? I haven't seen anything shown off of the phone actually running lol

Nope. pretty much the only phone out there that you know basically nothing about the software before release lol.

screenshots make it seem like 'stock'ish. they confirm bootloader will be unlockable. Sure would be nice if we know a little about the software before launch am i right?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
And with that, it's Pixel leak season: http://www.gsmarena.com/google_pixe...ser_look_at_the_front_and_back-news-26619.php

gsmarena_003.jpg

gsmarena_004.jpg

There's no headphone jack.

the pixel phones were just nexus phones with a name change to try and justify a higher price

Seems like it. All the narrative about Google building their own phones with this hardware line already went down the shitter, after the Pixel turned out to be an HTC iPhone rebrand. People still had hope, because it was rumored to be a last-minute decision (was this ever confirmed?) and they scrambled that thing together in a couple of months. But this year we have once again two manufacturers building two different phones for Google. Kinda weird.

I know the XL2 looks more appealing due to the smaller bezel, but are you guys really ready to trust LG again, after the bootloop issues in the past couple of phones (especially the 5X)?

Groof

I know the XL2 looks more appealing due to the smaller bezel, but are you guys really ready to trust LG again, after the bootloop issues in the past couple of phones (especially the 5X)?
honestly at this point i might rather trust an LG proper than put up with google's half assed attempts

Best bet for what? S8 is pretty amazing for the deal prices. G6 is pretty amazing for the fire sale price. OP5 is pretty good for the price. All have headphone jack too.

Best phone out there for Android, that is either base Android or closest to it.

Not really. That has similar bezels and no headphone jack either, so may as well wait and see on the Pixel if you contemplate the U11.

True, but even look wise Pixel 2 looks bad.

jokkir

How much more expensive do you guys think the Note 8 will be? Currently looking at the S8+ but if the Note 8 isn't that much more expensive, maybe I'll go for that.

Saiyan-Rox

Just bought a huawei (I still need to Google that name every time I try to spell it) watch sport 2

insane it was only £30 more than the first one on Amazon atm thought it had to be worth that right?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
How much more expensive do you guys think the Note 8 will be? Currently looking at the S8+ but if the Note 8 isn't that much more expensive, maybe I'll go for that.

Depends on multiple things.

Like if you can get a deal in Canada or if the S8+ goes on sale when the Note 8 hits.

jokkir

Stupid S7. Randomly bootlooped on me and then magically fixing itself after deleting contents from my SD card. Thought I might as well just factory reset and hope for the best

Reckoner

I think they will make the status bar all black and the indicators will blend with the top bezel.

That would make it aesthetically pleasing given that it uses an oled display.

Top Bottom