• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

longdi

Banned
FP sensor at the back? Fuck Sony!

The side is the best, at least when you want to do minimal bezel phones without embedded sensor in the screen.

CS_Dan

I bailed on my 6P a couple of months ago for a OnePlus 3t.
It's frustrating because in some major ways (screen, speakers, camera) the 6P was actually superior. But holy shit I'd forgotten how nice it is to be able to have 5+ hours SoT.

krae_man

My phone(G6) updated yesterday too and my Google Play Music stopped being able to read music off my SD card.

I can see and play the files fine if I use the file manager and manually choose an app to play the mp3 but that's just annoying.

My phone(G6) updated yesterday too and my Google Play Music stopped being able to read music off my SD card.

I can see and play the files fine if I use the file manager and manually choose an app to play the mp3 but that's just annoying.

I stopped using GPM for my internal music cause it stinks. The LG stock one is alot more user friendly imo. Did you see if that at least works?

kaiyo

FP sensor at the back? Fuck Sony!

The side is the best, at least when you want to do minimal bezel phones without embedded sensor in the screen.

That one is the mid tier and if you want thin side bezel the fps needs to be elsewhere, they cited that with the thin bezels on the XA models they couldn't fit the fps on side/power button. The other pictures has the power button like the XZ models, with thicker side bezels.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/a...-release-date-best-buy-amazon-retail-partners

Essential release date to be announced next week lol. Will be available on amazon too which is nice.

Someday they will get mad at me for returning shit all the time.

They gonna ban you one day

On another note, August security update rolling out for XZ, X and X Performance

krae_man

I stopped using GPM for my internal music cause it stinks. The LG stock one is alot more user friendly imo. Did you see if that at least works?

Yep that one works.

I had to uninstall all updates to GPM to fix the problem.

I'll try the LG music program see if I like it better.

Saiyan-Rox

Did they remove the Google Fit watch face from Android Wear 2,0? damn thing won't appear on this Hauwei watch 2 and Google Fit itself doesn't seem to want to get data from the watch either.

Jeffrey

5.7" is small?

How have we got to this point?
The phone dimensions is small. Small bezels means more screen in a smaller phone.

Speaking of which.

Alleged prototype render of mi mix 2.

http://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_mix...age_showing_an_allscreen_front-news-26674.php

gsmarena_001.jpg

Looking nice. Seems like no front camera?

Jeffrey

We are in full mass production, ramping up to deliver your Essential Phone. Find out where you can get yours next week! #thisisessential https://t.co/CYrhTMSt1g

Soon.

Honestly the main reason I'm interested in the essential is because of the design imo is better than any other phone this year,even with the weird front camera. Hope it can deliver.

Also it was confirmed tencent and Amazon are 2 of the giants funding rubin, so I'm gonna guess the company will still be around for a year or 2.

I hope the pixel XL doesn't have the same battery issues of the 6p. I'm taking advantage of the pixel xl deal as my 6p is almost two years old now and the battery is basically worthless.

I hope the pixel XL doesn't have the same battery issues of the 6p. I'm taking advantage of the pixel xl deal as my 6p is almost two years old now and the battery is basically worthless.

My 6P has a really fucking finicky battery. Sometimes dies at 30 or 25. Not sure which. Basically, I think it's running at 70% efficiency of what it originally was.

Quixzlizx

Is there a power brick (doesn't have to be a battery) that has both QC3 and USB-C delivery ports? I want to be able to plug in both an S8+ and a Switch without blowing either of them up or losing fast charging.

Jeffrey

Is there a power brick (doesn't have to be a battery) that has both QC3 and USB-C delivery ports? I want to be able to plug in both an S8+ and a Switch without blowing either of them up or losing fast charging.
Type-C / USB-C Input & Output RAVPower 20100mAh Portable Charger QC 3.0 Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Power Bank External Battery Pack + QC3.0 USB Charger for Macbook, Galaxy S8, iPhone and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IVMXW7G/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Love mine. Love how it can be quick charged up. Takes only like 5 hrs to fully charge.

My 6P has a really fucking finicky battery. Sometimes dies at 30 or 25. Not sure which. Basically, I think it's running at 70% efficiency of what it originally was.
Mine is currently at 53% but I have seen the overall health score lower. This might be my favorite phone but this battery has aged so poorly. I'm excited to see what the pixel brings though.

Agent

I wish mine died at 25/30%. These days I'm lucky to make it to 50% before it's toast. I'm just hanging on until the new Pixel comes out. It's sad how fast the 6p battery has gone downhill. If they fixed the battery problem and upgraded the internals to 2017 specs I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

I bought an Anker PowerCore 26800 with USB-C the other week and it's been basically a lifesaver with a battery that is probably, at most, 50% of it's original charge. A battery pack that size is overkill though, to be honest.

Anyone else getting a random cog symbol then sofy reboot on OPP4 of 8.0?

It doesn't full reboot but will go to the Google logo part of boot up after like 15 seconds

CS_Dan

Did they remove the Google Fit watch face from Android Wear 2,0? damn thing won't appear on this Hauwei watch 2 and Google Fit itself doesn't seem to want to get data from the watch either.
Nope. Have you installed Fit on your watch? Remember that phone and watch installs are separate now.

Menaged

Fucking LG.
My dad's Nexus 5x bootlooped about a month ago.
My brother's Nexus 5x bootlooped last week.

We sent my dad's phone to repair, and it arrived yesterday. My brother took it since his is busted, only to find out that it's still not working properly, and shutting down after some usage.

Fucking LG.
My dad's Nexus 5x bootlooped about a month ago.
My brother's Nexus 5x bootlooped last week.

We sent my dad's phone to repair, and it arrived yesterday. My brother took it since his is busted, only to find out that it's still not working properly, and shutting down after some usage.

But that LG Nexus Pixel 2 XL is gonna be great.

DrFurbs

Do you planned obsolescence really a thing in phones?

I can't get over how after I approach the two year mark every phone I've ever had begins to act up in some manner that forces me to get another.

DagsJT

Tired of the rubbish Bluetooth in the Pixel, and surprisingly annoyed at a headphone jack on the top of the phone. So purchased an Honor 9 yesterday and will sell my Pixel on. It'll also be good to have that extra storage for Spotify offline downloads too.

I can't get over how after I approach the two year mark every phone I've ever had begins to act up in some manner that forces me to get another.

The Oppo Find 7 I'm using was released in May 2014, but you wouldn't know it. Runs absolutely perfectly. Specs are still solid compared to a lot of what's releasing today, too: 1440p display, 3GB RAM, 32GB storage, Snapdragon 801, fast charging, 13 MP / 5 MP cameras, removable battery, expandable storage, notification light. Just no fucking second SIM tray, which is depressing as I could easily use this thing for another year at least. Also stuck on Lollipop, but that hasn't been a hindrance in app support yet, and Nova keeps things looking fresh.

And of course, Oppo decided to stop selling their phones in Europe.

Ty4on

Not much focus on quality and longevity I think. Where are the 6P updates fixing battery issues?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
The calendar app is useless. Doesn't even notify me if events.

Is there any widget that displays the events of the day on my homepage with nova?

EDIT: Sorted

Saiyan-Rox

Nope. Have you installed Fit on your watch? Remember that phone and watch installs are separate now.

Yep I have the app on both watch and phone and still no watch face :S also I assume the two don't communicate with each other? I noticed the app on the phone showed 300 less steps than the watch did...guess i'm too used to Fitbit.

Man Android Wear 2.0 is confusing

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Samsung Internet browser beta finally works on most phones now! It didn't work for me before (Z Play), but now it does! How I missed this browser!

Top Bottom