• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
29urdqo.jpg

It's that time of year again. The trees are wistfully lilting, and Rock Band 2 tracks are leaking like milk from the teat.

OFFICIAL PR:

Start A Band, Rock The World!

Developed by Harmonix, the world’s premier music videogame company, and published by MTV Games, Rock Band™ 2 is the next evolution of the groundbreaking music platform that forever changed the face of music videogames. Rock Band 2 builds upon the original, challenging players to put together a band and tour for fame and fortune while learning to master lead/bass guitar, drums and vocals, and raises the bar to include an entirely new level of depth, connectivity, authenticity and exhilarating features.

Rock Band 2 will feature more than 80 tracks on disc – but it doesn’t stop there. Players will have access to all DLC tracks, packs and albums released to date as well as future DLC releases; that’s more than 200 song choices and counting. The music inRock Band 2 features all master recordings and spans all genres of rock from punk, metal and alternative to classic and southern rock.

Rock Band 2 will be released on Xbox 360™ videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft this September and will have an exclusive launch window in North America. Rock Band 2 will be available for the PLAYSTATION® 3 and PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment systems and Nintendo Wii™ system later this year.

Key Features
Rock the World!
Rock Band 2 offers new and dynamic online modes that will connect the entire Rock Band community in more ways than ever before, both locally and globally.

Rock in Style!
Rock Band 2 introduces a new variety of instrument choices all with new and improved drum and guitar peripherals, enhanced functionality and innovative new designs. All Rock Band 2 instruments are fully compatible with the original Rock Band. Conversely, all Rock Band peripherals will be fully compatible with Rock Band 2.

Unrivaled Song Library!
Rock Band 2 features the biggest and most diverse soundtrack ever featuring some of rock’s most prolific acts, comprised entirely of master recordings.

Complete the Look!
Rock Band 2 delivers new clothing, accessories, tattoos, hairstyles, instruments and more to keep your unique rock avatar playing the full rock part.

Battle it Out!
Go head to head competing against other bands with Battle of the Bands contests that will be generated by Harmonix on a regular basis.

Stay on Top!
Stay the undisputed leader board champion with real time alerts updating you when another rocker or band has surpassed your score!

Take on Tour Challenges!
Play through mini-campaigns focused on a specific instrument, your favorite artist, your preferred genre, or a particular album.

Customizable Set Lists!
Create your own set lists in Quickplay mode to keep the music rolling and your band rocking!

Rock ‘n’ Roll Never Dies!
Rock Band 2 offers backwards compatibility with Rock Band downloadable content- all previously purchased tracks will immediately load into your Rock Band 2 play list!

Game Modes
Quickplay
Now easier than ever to get in and jam without hassle.
- New prefab characters
- Your customized characters can now play on any instrument
- Make your own set lists
- Organize song lists by a variety of categories (alphabetical, genre, era, etc.)

World Tour
Solo Tour and Band World Tour join forces to create the ultimate band touring experience!
- World Tour is now online
- No more band leaders! If you need to fire your guitarist but keep the band going, fire away!
- Switch up instruments throughout world tour
- All new collection of opportunity gigs, challenges, cities, venues, and hirable staff

Tour Challenges
Take your band on tour in a whole new way with specific music challenges.
- Focused mini-campaigns featuring the best songs by instrument, decade, genre or artist
- Automatically generated DLC challenges
- Album specific challenges

Battle of the Bands
Put your band to the ultimate test by competing against other bands, both on your friends list and around the world!
- Dynamic content with regular new contests designed by Harmonix
- Matches up your score against overall competition and friends’ bands - with REAL TIME feedback
- Get updates on new battles from your Band Profile, as well as notifications when your score has been topped!

Drum Trainer
A true teaching tool that gives players a step-by-step lesson through the basic beat and fill vocabulary any real world drummer would know.

Music
Major record labels and leading music publishers have signed on to provide unrivaled access to master recordings and legendary rock artists with hits from the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and 2000’s. The Rock Band 2 disc will feature more than 80 rock hits—all master recordings! Plus, Rock Band 2 owners will have access to the growing Rock Band DLC catalog of more than 200 tracks. Below are just some of the amazing tracks and artists you will get on disc with Rock Band 2.

2000s
Dream Theater “Panic Attack “
System of a Down “Chop Suey”
1990s
Foo Fighters “Everlong”
The Muffs “Kids in America”
Red Hot Chili Peppers “Give it Away”
1980s
Motörhead “Ace of Spades”
1970s
Cheap Trick “Hello There”
Elvis Costello “Pump it Up”
Journey “Anyway You Want It”
1960s
The Who “Pinball Wizard”

Key Players
• Developed by Harmonix – the world’s premier music videogame company– and published by MTV Games.
• Distributed and Co-Marketed by Electronic Arts, the world’s leading interactive entertainment software company.
• Master Recordings provided by EMI Music, Hollywood Records, Sony BMG Music Entertainment, Universal Music Group’s Universal Music Enterprises and Warner Music Group’s Rhino Entertainment.
• Rocked out even harder by YOU and millions of drummers, guitarists and vocalists around the world. Groupies not included!

Product Specifications
Publisher: MTV Games Developer: Harmonix Distributor: Electronic Arts
Category: Music/Rhythm Game
Ship Date: September 2008 (Xbox 360) 2008 (PS3, PS2 and Wii)

OFFICIAL TRACKLIST

Carbohydrates (& borghe) said:
1. AC/DC “Let There Be Rock” 1970s
2. AFI “Girl’s Gone Grey” 2000’s
3. Alanis Morissette “You Oughta Know” 1990’s

4. Alice in Chains “Man in the Box” 1990’s
5. Allman Brothers “Ramblin’ Man” 1970’s
6. Avenged Sevenfold “Almost Easy” 2000’s
7. Bad Company “Shooting Star” 1970’s

8. Beastie Boys “So Whatcha Want” 1990’s
9. Beck “E-Pro” 2000’s
10. Bikini Kill “Rebel Girl” 1990’s
11. Billy Idol “White Wedding Pt. I” 1980’s

12. Blondie “One Way or Another” 1970’s
13. Bob Dylan “Tangled Up in Blue” 1970’s
14. Bon Jovi “Livin’ on a Prayer” 1980’s
15. Cheap Trick “Hello There” 1970’s

16. Devo “Uncontrollable Urge” 1980’s
17. Dinosaur Jr. “Feel the Pain” 1990’s
18. Disturbed “Down with the Sickness” 2000’s
19. Dream Theater “Panic Attack” 2000’s

20. Duran Duran “Hungry Like the Wolf” 1980’s
21. Elvis Costello “Pump It Up” 1970’s
22. Fleetwood Mac “Go Your Own Way” 1970’s
23. Foo Fighters “Everlong” 1990’s

24. Guns N’ Roses “Shackler’s Revenge” 2000’s
25. Interpol “PDA” 2000’s
26. Jane’s Addiction “Mountain Song” 1980’s
27. Jethro Tull “Aqualung” 1970’s

28. Jimmy Eat World “The Middle” 2000’s
29. Joan Jett “Bad Reputation” 1980’s
30. Journey “Anyway You Want It” 1970’s
31. Judas Priest “Painkiller” 1990’s (HOLY loving DRUMS)

32. Kansas “Carry On Wayward Son” 1970’s
33. L7 “Pretend We’re Dead” 1990’s
34. Lacuna Coil “Our Truth” 2000’s
35. Linkin Park “One Step Closer” 2000’s

36. Lit “My Own Worst Enemy” 1990’s
37. Lush “De-Luxe” 1990’s
38. Mastodon “Colony of Birchmen” 2000’s
39. Megadeth “Peace Sells” 1980’s

40. Metallica “Battery” 1980’s
41. Mighty Mighty Bosstones “Where’d You Go” 1990’s
42. Modest Mouse “Float On” 2000’s (cool vid)
43. Motorhead “Ace of Spades” 1980’s

44. Nirvana “Drain You” 1990’s
45. Norman Greenbaum “Spirit in the Sky” 1960’s
46. Panic at the Disco “Nine in the Afternoon” 2000’s
47. Paramore “That’s What You Get” 2000’s

48. Pearl Jam “Alive” 1990’s
49. Presidents of the USA “Lump” 1990’s
50. Rage Against the Machine “Testify” 1990’s
51. Ratt “Round & Round” 1980’s

52. Red Hot Chili Peppers “Give it Away” 1990’s
53. Rise Against “Give it All” 2000’s
54. Rush “The Trees” 1970’s
55. Silversun Pickups “Lazy Eye” 2000’s

56. Smashing Pumpkins “Today” 1990’s
57. Social Distortion “I Was Wrong” 1990’s
58. Sonic Youth “Teenage Riot” 1980’s
59. Soundgarden “Spoonman” 1990’s

60. Squeeze “Cool for Cats” 1970’s
61. Steely Dan “Bodhitsattva” 1970’s
62. Steve Miller Band “Rock’n Me” 1970’s
63. Survivor “Eye of the Tiger” 1980’s (lol)

64. System of a Down “Chop Suey” 2000’s
65. Talking Heads “Psycho Killer” 1970’s
66. Tenacious D “Master Exploder” 2000’s
67. Testament “Souls of Black” 1990’s

68. The Donnas “New Kid in School” 2000’s (Having trouble with this one)
69. The Go-Go’s “We Got the Beat” 1980’s
70. The Grateful Dead “Alabama Getaway” 1980’s (Hahaha)
71. The Guess Who “American Woman” 1970’s

72. The Muffs “Kids in America” 1990’s
73. The Offspring “Come Out & Play (Keep ‘em Separated)” 1990’s
74. The Replacements “Alex Chilton” 1980’s
75. The Who “Pinball Wizard” 1960’s

Bonus Artist Bonus Song Title Decade
76. Abnormality “Visions” 2000’s
77. Anarchy Club “Get Clean” 2000’s
78. Bang Camaro “Night Lies” 2000’s

79. Breaking Wheel “Shoulder to the Plow” 2000’s
80. The Libyans “Neighborhood” 2000’s (?)
81. The Main Drag “A Jagged Gorgeous Winter” 2000’s
82. Speck “Conventional Lover” 2000’s

83. The Sterns “Supreme Girl” 2000’s
84. That Handsome Devil “Rob the Prez-O-Dent” 2000’s

GAMESPOT BLOWOUT

Still, according to Harmonix, online World Tour wasn't the number-one feature requested by Rock Band fans. That distinction goes to "backward compatibility"--ensuring that all of the hundreds of songs that were found in the original Rock Band and available as DLC since its release will work seamlessly once the sequel rolls in. In that sense it's mission accomplished, because the game will feature full support for all of the original Rock Band songs, all of the downloadable content, and, naturally, the more than 80 songs that will be packed in with the disc version of Rock Band 2.

The challenges themselves will be built around a variety of play styles, and beating one challenge will unlock additional challenge paths for you to take. Instead of being a linear list of songs, the challenges are structured more as a progression web in which you can choose which path to take through the game. For instance, the bass path will let you focus on all of the best songs for the bass, while still giving you access to play the other songs found in Rock Band 2 as side challenges. In addition, Tour Challenge mode will also integrate DLC automatically when building challenges. You can also expect to play album-specific challenges, which should only grow as the list of full-length albums available as DLC continues to expand.

The other big challenge mode is Battle of the Bands, which will also be available for one to four players, in any mix of local and online play. Unlike the progression system of Tour Challenge, Battle of the Bands is a straight-up tournament that pits your band against groups from all over the world. Harmonix will be creating new daily battles for bands to take part in; some will even have unique entry requirements, or gameplay modifiers. When playing Battle of the Bands challenges, you'll see an onscreen score, along with a score that you need to beat (such as someone on your friends list who has also competed in this challenge).

Preview from G4: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...Announced.html

Gameplay footage on Friday, July 11 (1:00 - 1:30 AM, ET/PT):

"GameTrailers TV with Geoff Keighley" (GTTV): E3 Preview

Three days before Xbox hosts its E3 press conference, GTTV heads to Epic Games in North Carolina to meet lead designer Cliff Bleszinski for a sneak preview of Gears of War 2, including world premiere footage from the campaign and multiplayer modes. Then, Spike presents world premieres of some of the biggest titles at E3, including the exclusive sneak peek at the E3 trailer for Bethesda Softworks' Fallout 3; the global debut of Harmonix and MTV Games' Rock Band 2 game footage; Amanda MacKay visits ThatGameCompany to reveal Flower for the PLAYSTATION?3; Spike unveils the next playable faction in Warhammer? 40,000™: Dawn of War? II; and, in a not to be missed event, GTTV presents the world exclusive reveal trailer for the next game from BioWare.

ONION AV BLOWOUT

Rock Band 2 takes this a step further with the addition of an actual drum training program. I watched Teasdale demo this, and it resembles the game's practice mode, but with a large library of basic beats and fills: "Simple 8th Note Hats," "Robot Rock," "P-P-P-Panama!", "Upbeat Hats 1," and so forth, all playable on three kits – electronic, vintage, and "trashy." There's also a freeplay mode, where you can play drums over mp3's that you've ripped to your console.

First off, the career mode. Rock Band 2 cuts the solo world tour, and it makes the concept of a "band" more flexible. Any number of people, online or off, can join a band: you can play by yourself with three steady non-player characters of your own design

Watch this post for further info and updates!

SPECIAL THANKS TO JONATHANEX FOR THE FUCKING KICK THE FUCK ASS BANNER!!

birdman

I'm a little confused, because the Twitter leak we found that said Sorrow was gonna be in the game, but that list says Suffer. I'm gonna take it with a grain of salt until E3. It's still a damn fine list though.

Costanza

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
Actually all it said was "Coming Soon".

;D

It's quite possible that the person just saw the song as playable and knew it hadn't been released yet. I wouldn't be surprised if several of these songs end up being DLC between now and September.
Hmm, good point.

What I would love is a way to say if you bought RB2, to be able to play RB1 disc songs on / during the RB2 game. Maybe having the game copy them all to the local HD? or some kinda disc swap , I dont know. Bigger list! Not the DLC, which I know is backwards compat, but the actual songs on the disc.

DrBaalzamon said:
What I would love is a way to say if you bought RB2, to be able to play RB1 disc songs on / during the RB2 game. Maybe having the game copy them all to the local HD? or some kinda disc swap , I dont know. Bigger list! Not the DLC, which I know is backwards compat, but the actual songs on the disc.

If rumor has it right, you will be able to play them just like any other DLC.

Costanza

Banned
DrBaalzamon said:
Read the OP.

What sucks, and what sucks HARD is that Rock Band's 2008 launch investment will cost the same amount as last year's because I'm going to DEFINITELY have to buy a fucking Hard Drive for the 360.

DANG.

sneaky77

I wouldnt put too much stock on wikipedia... although float on? really? such a horrible song

edit: overall list is not bad.

Think about it though....You bring home Rock Band 2...you pop it in...

"Loading Additional Content"

"You Have Just Increased Your Track Listing...By...200%"

:D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I dream of one day playing Rock Band 1. :'(

Holy shit! That list is full of fucking win!

Talking Heads, Bikini Kill, Lush, Presidents (LUMP!), Elvis Costello, doods EYE OF THE TIGER

The only thing keeping this list from being perfect is still a lack of Television. :(

bryehn

What an awesome list. Lush? Elvis Costello? Talking Heads :O

Would buy for Hungry Like the Wolf, Eye of the Tiger and White Wedding alone.

Lotsa stuff that would go well with a Keytar in there too. GIVE US A KEYTAR!!!

Crateman

1) tangled up in blue (bob dylan)
FUCKING A'!!! I can't say anything else. A rhythm game that has a Dylan song automatically becomes the game of the foverer -
Along MGS4
-. I can't be happier.
8) the trees (rush)
YES! YES!! YES!!!! Harmonix loves Rush as much as I do.
15) eye of the tiger (survivor)
This is going to be REALLY fun.
16) panic attack (dreamtheater)
One of my best friends is a huge DreamTheater fan. I'm afraid he's going to have a heart attack when he realizes that Panic Attack will be in RockBand. The song is also really, really cool.
29) today (smashing pumpkins)
:D -While Tonight, Tonight is released-
47) float on (modest mouse)
:D

Guys, it's official: Harmonix wins. If this leak turns out to be real, then Activision needs to sign fucking Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin into GHWT to top what Harmonix has done. The setlist couldn't be better. I wish people had the same musical taste that everyone at Harmonix.

... and I didn't know anything about Lush. I listened to the song. Amazing.

Nice to get some shoegaze but Id much prefer My Bloody Valentine. If thats the list then its cool but the IGN interview had my hopes much higher. I dont think thats much of a "whos who of rock" and only two bands from their excellent wishlist made it.

Just add

The Undertones - Teenage Kicks
Television - Marque Moon

and I will literally CUM. Ok no more wishlist stuff from me spoiling the thread, back to celebrating a great list. :D

Outdoor Miner said:
Just add

The Undertones - Teenage Kicks
Television - Marque Moon

and I will literally CUM. Ok no more wishlist stuff from me spoiling the thread, back to celebrating a great list. :D

I left room in the title to accommodate dreaming. Until this is confirmed by HMX, it's all just dreaming really.

Float On!

;D

Markster

Devo = win!

Also... whyyyyyy Panic Attack?!?! It should be Metropolis Pt 1!

And I suppose this is why Pinball Wizard is missing from The Who pack.

Tf53

Why hasn't there been a Staind or Creed song on RB or GH? Their respective guitarists deserve some attention for their creative effort (IMHO).

Aladuf

Banned
Tf53 said:
Why hasn't there been a Staind or Creed song on RB or GH? Their respective guitarists deserve some attention for their creative effort (IMHO).

I'll see your Creed and I raise you Alter Bridge. Tremonti is great in Creed but he really opens up and tears shit apart on guitar in Alter Bridge.

If you want Creed because of their guitarist, just go with Alter Bridge.

Edit: Beaten by 4 minutes? Weird, I thought I hit refresh.

What's this about Flight of the Concords for a bonus song? That'd be cool, but then we'd also need Bill Bailey too. I'm sure he's got a song that could be rerecorded as a 4 piece.

PacoDG

This thread needs to be locked until confirmed! Stop being excited people, its making me all excited, I don't want to be let down :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom