• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Joe UC4 Review

No, it still made no sense why the game focused on an entirely new character, a boring one at that,
Sam was the worst part of Uncharted 4, I can't tell you how relieved I was after he got kidnapped and we started having more Elena and Sully. That's why the first half was godawful to me

EDIT: The second half actually saved the game for me, it went from one of the most disappointing games ever to the runner up for GOTY.

Come on man; sort out your unmarked spoilers. Some of us haven't finished it yet.

AzureFlame

Good score, I'll post my personal scores

U1 8/10
U2 9/10
U3 8/10
U4 8.5/10

Platinumed them all except U4, but i will soon.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I agree with him, I didn't like it as much as The Last of Us, either. Still pretty much the best game released this generation, so far, though.

Yep. Worst thing about Uncharted 4 is that it's not as good as TLOU (figuratively speaking), but it couldn't have been anyway. Imagine how you'd feel making a game following your last project which is widely regarded as one of the best games of all time? The fact that they made U4 under that pressure if even more impressive.

well the microtransaction stuff is there but it really is not frustrating. you get a ton of relic points in the trial mode and challenges. it feels like i got already half of the purchasable stuff after several hours in.

Wish it was his long form review for UC4 but that 9 is an impressive score considering he's new to the franchise.

Enjoyed watching it though (but it's way too spoiler filled yikes)

After so many rant about others game you give it a 9/10 ? can't take you seriously.

I don't think I can take you seriously with that strange attitude.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
When did Joe get so calm and composed? This is like Normal Joe's review.

foxbeldin

Like always, he has good points. Sam does feel "convenient" but that doesn't bother me because in the end, it helps the story.

Also, he's dead wrong about the multiplayer imo.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Well that's bullshit. It's not marked up as having spoilers. Hate it when video reviews do that.

i dunno...kind of expected for such a long video review. i don't touch video reviews for that very same reason. any type of visual is going to spoil something...depending on how much of a media blackout you've been on

OH MY GOD the commenters on this are the worst.

Uncharted fans honestly come off as the most entitled and whiny fanbase ever sometimes. I know this is just a vocal minority, but man, as so some who hasn't even played uncharted, seeing its fans being so toxic doesn't exactly make me want to pick up the series.

Edit: not that this'd stop me, I'll prolly pick up the collection on sale sometime.

RedAssedApe

Banned

Uncharted fans honestly come off as the most entitled and whiny fanbase ever sometimes. I know this is just a vocal minority, but man, as so some who hasn't even played uncharted, seeing its fans being so toxic doesn't exactly make me want to pick up the series.

Edit: not that this'd stop me, I'll prolly pick up the collection on sale sometime.

are you talking about this thread or just youtube comments...b/c youtube comments are generally just trash.

Your first mistake was reading YouTube comments.

SomTervo

Glad he liked it.

Yeah idk, he's 'raise your flame shield' levels of revered though. Guess he's genuine enough and puts a decent effort into his reviews and doesn't just shit them out. I don't mind him.

Some of his reviews are on-point, but he definitely shat out that Quantum Break review. What a shitshow. Didn't give a solitary fuck about paying attention to the game (criticised events/gameplay features for being dumb, even though they are logically explained in the story, because he hadn't paid any attention to the story), gave it brutally selective and poorly thought-out criticisms, then dropped a poor score on it.

I'll never trust his criticisms after that. It was way too coloured and selective.

sbkodama

OléGunner;204604420 said:
I don't think I can take you seriously with that strange attitude.

I just think he could have rant more about some parts of it considering some of its others reviews.

SomTervo

I just think he could have rant more about some parts of it considering some of its others reviews.

I can fully imagine him giving this game a pass because reasons. A pass on things he would go batshit crazy about in other games. Seems like that sort of critic.

He had nothing to explicitly rant about though considering he thought the game was a TPS masterpiece.

Maybe the micro transactions in multi, but even then all that stuff can be earned in game.

jett

D-Member
People are really complaining about someone giving a game a 9\10 score. Did that bring down the metacritic or something?

Wow.

After watching this review, I actually think I might get the game. That's how good he made it seem. But sure, dwell on that 9\10.

I'm not "complaining." I'm not one of those crazies. It just doesn't make much sense to me. I've seen AJ do this before, maybe he should be more measured with his words.

May as well stop picking up any series because every games has minority angry fanbase

the dislikes are sized up even though it's still mostly a blue bar. i wonder if it is because he didn't
give the game a 10
or because it is an abridged review.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Really?

You can say this about anything that is a brand or one gets a sense of ownership on in life. It is a human trait.

Joe has good taste. I agree with the treasures part for sure. I didnt even bother searching for them but I still did some exploring just to marvel at the eye candy.

Best game I played so far this gen.

I actually love how they handled bringing Sam into the game. It took enough time to give you some slower paced sections where you got to bond with him, and did a good job explaining why we only are finding that out now. Dont think they could have handled it any better. Its a perfect reason to get Nate back in the game.

And since he is with you almost the whole game, I agree that a coop would have been a wet dream. Still, the game is polished to hell, the MP is actually a lot of fun IMO.

Too bad he didnt get to do a full review. I would have liked to see Joe and other Joe do a Nate and Elena skit.

I think Joe mentioned he's got like 9 games on his plate in the next month after he released the Battleborn review, so I don't mind that he's putting out these short ones. He pretty much summed up my thoughts on it as well. Gonna miss the skits though.

Nice I love Angry Joe's vids.

Haha, the part when he they were showing Drake ragdolling when falling in the game and he drives the jeep off the cliff on purpose :p

New review format. It allows him to cover more games on busy months like this May.

I think it's a good idea.

Edit : His "normal" reviews are supposed to stay, it'll just depend on the games.

Oh ok :( Was looking forward to his 'full' review of U4. This one just seemed to lack the enthusiasm he usually has. Being the big release that U4 is I think he should've made this his primary focus, and not other May releases.

Oh ok :( Was looking forward to his 'full' review of U4. This one just seemed to lack the enthusiasm he usually has. Being the big release that U4 is I think he should've made this his primary focus, and not other May releases.

Agreed. Whatever your opinion of Uc4 may be, there's absolutely no denying that it is one of the biggest games of the year.

KKRT00

Agreed. Whatever your opinion of Uc4 may be, there's absolutely no denying that it is one of the biggest games of the year.

AJ is primarily a PC player and May had Stellaris and Doom releases which are more PC centric titles.

Top Bottom