• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Virgin Wii said:
And, WTF... he complains that going through the cabins is too confusing? I never, EVER, remember having difficulty with this... AND THE LAST TIME I PLAYED THIS GAME, I WAS 8 YEARS OLD!

Sorry dude, I remember that game when I was a kid, and it ****ing blew ass then too.

Ok, so you guys didn't like it...

Still... his complaints...

The stones are worthless, because they arc over the enemies...

AGAIN, DUCK YOU JACKASS

When Jason threatens a cabin, you don't know here you're going....

WALK FOR 5 SECONDS, AND CHECK ON THE MAP YOU JACKASS

Going through cabins is a confusing experience...

NOW YOU'RE JUST BEING A JACKASS

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Dude, it's for comedy ok? The game blew ass, the what he does complain about ARE common sense things. Get the **** over it.

Kintaro said:
Dude, it's for comedy ok? The game blew ass, the what he does complain about ARE common sense things. Get the **** over it.

I thought I just explained why they weren't common sense "things".

In their time, anyway.

White Man

Shard said:
It is about time somebody called him on that pisswater he tries to pass off as beer.

Really. I could never understand why he was so proud to be drinking Rolling Rock. I mean, it's not the worst mass market beer, but it's certainly nothing to be, you know, showing off.

Jiggy

Hmm. I like the Spiderman gimmick (and the other "guest star" gimmicks he's had in the past), but there's not enough legitimate criticism going on this time.
Then again, I used to own that original GB Spiderman game. If the others were legitimately that bad, I can see how there's nothing to criticize except the horrible controls, and how there's not much worth even half-seriously discussing.

Brofist

White Man said:
Really. I could never understand why he was so proud to be drinking Rolling Rock. I mean, it's not the worst mass market beer, but it's certainly nothing to be, you know, showing off.

I always assumed it was part of his "nerd" act. He wouldn't look all that nerdy chugging a pint of Guinness.

Enk

makes good threads.
Ugh,that was mostly annoying. He's definitely loosing his steam. First the intro was way too long (and not really funny) then his comments towards the end show he doesn't know much about what he's talking about. What about Lunar, Popful Mail, Rise of the Dragon and Snatcher. Sonic CD wasn't the only good game. I did like his comparision of the Sega CD system to Belial from Basket Case. That was funny.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I thought the new one was pretty good. The Dracula part made me lol.

But yeah, I can see how people would think he's trying too hard now a days. Probably under stress or something cuz he has this big deal wth Game Trailers

rkenshin

Enk said:
Ugh,that was mostly annoying. He's definitely loosing his steam. First the intro was way too long (and not really funny) then his comments towards the end show he doesn't know much about what he's talking about. What about Lunar, Popful Mail, Rise of the Dragon and Snatcher. Sonic CD wasn't the only good game. I did like his comparision of the Sega CD system to Belial from Basket Case. That was funny.

Uh.. Read the note at the beginning about the intro song (it's the full length version that's a DVD extra if you forgot how to read english) and it's just like the song used in the Spiderman video, it's not going to be there the next time..

And he did say that "off the top of my head" so you can't fault him for not saying every freaking good game (which can probably be counted on your two hands) there is on the SegaCD then going to show clips of it to lengthen the video by probably another minute or two..

Ever heard of pacing and that'll just throw off the whole bad review deal altogether..

hobbitx

Crazy! I was just about to mention that guy too just now! He's ****ing hilarious, he really comes off as a pretty hardcore and sort of nutty gamer. If this is how most gaffers sound in real life I seriously wouldn't take so much stuff on this board as seriously. Where other people try to rip off AVN, this dude is seriously like this when it comes to gaming. You should also check out his wrestling videos and responses to other fans, classic stuff. I'm surprised he hasn't had some of his own threads yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJG4org6cGE

I don't know what's worse about the Spider-Man games over the years, how ****ing terrible they were (good job with those GB games, Rare!), or that I saw every last ****ing one of them through to their conclusion.

therapist

bigmakstudios said:
This guy is so annoying. And stupid. The games do suck, but the "insults" are so childish and unfunny... he just seems like a complete moron.

Agreed.

What kind of a loser keeps ghostbuster toys around still...pathetic.

hobbitx

Segata Sanshiro said:
I don't know what's worse about the Spider-Man games over the years, how ****ing terrible they were (good job with those GB games, Rare!), or that I saw every last ****ing one of them through to their conclusion.
I always thought out of all the comic characters Spiderman had the best catalog. The games they showed were pretty awful, but there's been some great Spiderman games.

Spiderman and Xmen
Maximum Carnage
Separation Anxiety
The Animated Series

.......and save for the awful pc game I heard about, I think Spiderman had a great history with 3d gaming compared to the other guys. I loved of the first Spiderman Games, and the movie games have gotten plenty of love.

ryan13ts

lmao, I remember being stuck on that same level on Spiderman for the NES as a kid. And here I thought all those years that I was the only one that hated that game.

Segata Sanshiro said:

the Gameboy games were maybe the some of the worst and most broken games ive ever played, but when spider-man games came to 16 bit systems, the games werent too bad.

X-men games are the best of the comic based games, Spider-man as a second, then Batman.

nincompoop said:

Yeah, more of a brief history lesson than anything, but since I passed on the 32X and didn't know much about it I thought it was ok. The AC adapter rant was the highlight for me, just because I can relate. Pretty outrageous that you had to hook up the 32X to the Genesis two different ways or you run into those display problems. I'm also surprised that he
actually destroyed it at the end, I've only seen him pretend to destroy his games before.

nincompoop said:
Still entertaining.

Yeah, more of a brief history lesson than anything, but since I passed on the 32X and didn't know much about it I thought it was ok. The AC adapter rant was the highlight for me, just because I can relate. Pretty outrageous that you had to hook up the 32X to the Genesis two different ways or you run into those display problems. I'm also surprised that he actually destroyed it at the end, I've only seen him pretend to destroy his games before.
Used 32X models are easy to come by. And cheap.

Yeah. This was a good episode. I would've appreciated a bit more game coverage but the selections he included were pretty indicative of the shitty line-up. There were a few decent games like Tempo and the motorcross one. But I am being very nice by saying "decent".

I liked the 32x and Sega CD videos, they are more like the bad memories version of the Retronauts in video form.

I do agree with him on the whole rant on the plugs, those big boxes at the end piss me off.

the Virtua Fighter pose thing was gold

But really, I can't wait for him to review some of the abononations that are on the N64, such a life time of third party feces :lol (disclaimer: I love my N64, but i had a lot of bad run ins with non-first or second party games that weren't mystical ninja)

Top Bottom