• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

White Man

Honestly, aside from Jekyll and Hyde (and the Segabortions), I can't recall him reviewing anything truly awful. Bitch needs to boot up some Chubby Cherub.

GreekWolf

Synbios459 said:
Can someone tell me just how strong SS is?
Supposedly, he's about on the same level as Superman. Perhaps a bit faster than supes but also a bit weaker. Then again, according to Marvel Zombies, the Hulk actually bit off his head... so who really knows.

Link1110

Right after I get done complaining on IRC about all the bad game reviewers trying to be too different and abandoning the bad game reviews, I see the Silver Surfer review, and its as good as anything from the beginning of the genre, and from a game I had wanted to see a bad review of for a while.

White Man said:
Honestly, aside from Jekyll and Hyde (and the Segabortions), I can't recall him reviewing anything truly awful. Bitch needs to boot up some Chubby Cherub.
Oh, c'mon! I admit the SEGA CD one was pretty bad, but the 32X one was halarious!

rkenshin

Well if you followed the pattern, his videogame related reviews always come out on tuesday evening (once every two weeks usually)

Linkzg said:
if this is about Die Hard on NES, I disagree already if he says crap about it, I remember enjoying the game when I was younger.

I don't think I ever played the NES Die Hard, but your childhood memory may be deceiving you. I'm sure there are lots of games that we played as children that are outright terrible but we some how were able to squeeze enjoyment out of. Especially if you were a kid that only got a few video games a year.

That actually looked really faithful to the movie, and not being able to see around corners or through walls is actually... realistic? I disagree with AVGN? I said wow.

a Master Ninja said:
I don't think I ever played the NES Die Hard, but your childhood memory may be deceiving you. I'm sure there are lots of games that we played as children that are outright terrible but we some how were able to squeeze enjoyment out of. Especially if you were a kid that only got a few video games a year.

I do agree that nostalgia can blind you, but in this case watching the video made me remember how much fun the game was, it could be because I was and still am a huge Die Hard fan.

M3wThr33

Banned
Well he couldn't be making fun of Die Hard Trilogy. That was one of the best games on the PS1. Even the sequel was good.

I think he should quit doing his reviews based on movies comming out, next will most likely be Transformers (I dont remember a transformers game on NES, I could be wrong). He should start picking games that are just bad again.

Linkzg said:
I think he should quit doing his reviews based on movies comming out, next will most likely be Transformers (I dont remember a transformers game on NES, I could be wrong). He should start picking games that are just bad again.
There was one but it was shit.

Sullen

Has anyone actually beaten the Silver Surfer game? That looks so ****ing crazy. I'm actually kinda curious now what the ending is like though, there is no way it can be worth that kind of crazy frustration.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I just watched the Spiderman one and I'm cracking up. I loved the 32x one, but I think Broken Pixels was better at the Sega CD (NIGHT TRAP!). Silver Surfer was great too. What the **** was with video game designers and difficulty back in the NES days? Games were universally harder.

My sister has a BARBIE game on NES that's ****ing hard as hell.

M3wThr33

Banned
Y2Kev said:
I just watched the Spiderman one and I'm cracking up. I loved the 32x one, but I think Broken Pixels was better at the Sega CD (NIGHT TRAP!). Silver Surfer was great too. What the **** was with video game designers and difficulty back in the NES days? Games were universally harder.

My sister has a BARBIE game on NES that's ****ing hard as hell.

That Barbie game IS hard. I remember I gave up, even using a Game Genie because of the damn platform jumping with the vinyls near the end of the game. My ex could breeze through it, though.

maharg

idspispopd
Virgin Wii said:
Ok, so you guys didn't like it...

Still... his complaints...

The stones are worthless, because they arc over the enemies...

AGAIN, DUCK YOU JACKASS

When Jason threatens a cabin, you don't know here you're going....

WALK FOR 5 SECONDS, AND CHECK ON THE MAP YOU JACKASS

Going through cabins is a confusing experience...

NOW YOU'RE JUST BEING A JACKASS

Want to eat your food?

THROW IT IN THE GARBAGE DUMBASS.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
:lol

I loved the "epic action movie" montage at the end.

Would be interesting to see his take on the Dynamite Deka/Die Hard games.

Mason

:lol The action movie montage at the end was actually really funny. That's the first little skit thing he's done I actually laughed at; usually they're really stupid.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Ronin said:
As soon as I saw all those bullets flying all I could think was "holy crap".

That was ridiculous. :lol

Notice how the enemy bullets could go through walls, but the player's bullets couldn't? What a shit game. :lol

Synbios459 said:
Linkzg, please play it again, I just did and it does suck as much as he says.

im not hooking up my NES again for this one game, but I do remember not liking it at first, it is awkward to shoot and move, but other than that it really makes you feel like your in Die Hard.

I also disagree'd with his BTTF1 review, that I did play after watching it and it was still fun.

it could just be the fact that BTTF and Die Hard are series that are my favorites and im willing to ignore quality because of that, but I did think BTTF 2&3 for NES and Die Hard on Gamecube sucks big time, so that cant be it.

Top Bottom