• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

gblues

Banned
Yeah, on Top Gun the "Up! up!" and "down! down!" were instructions for ELEVATION, not d-pad instructions! I remember nailing the landing/refueling several times as a kid.

I actually loved Double Dragon 3. Only with 2 players, though. He obviously didn't beat the game because you do get another character towards the end. I've also never had a problem with the spin kick.

When did Demi become a mod?

Edit: Friday the 13th review is the best yet. "The controls are so good you might have to press the D-pad twice!"

SuomiDude

parathod said:
I actually loved Double Dragon 3. Only with 2 players, though. He obviously didn't beat the game because you do get another character towards the end. I've also never had a problem with the spin kick.

He did mention the character in the video, and also showed how piece of shit he is... so yeah :lol (unless you meant a 4th character?)

Now watching the Friday the 13th...

EDIT: Ok, there is 4th character then... but I don't blame him for not playing the game through and not finding it :lol

As for the Friday the 13th... :lol awesome game I tell you... or not :O The music was the first thing I noticed, and how annoying it was. Though the indoor music was cool and sounded like something from Zelda 1. Anyway, I'm glad I never got to play that shitty game.

SuomiDude said:
He did mention the character in the video, and also showed how piece of shit he is... so yeah :lol (unless you meant a 4th character?)

Now watching the Friday the 13th...

4th character. Also the third character is pretty kick ass. He moves slow, but he hits hard and fast and has projectile claws.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Heh, well, I'll give Friday the 13th a little credit. Parallax scrolling was extremely rare on the NES and it's neat to see it used there.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
The only way I can beat TMNT for the nes is if I collected a whole bunch of those scrolls that appear in like the second area in the game over and over again.

Milpool said:
A break from the norm, Friday the 13th review.
Man, this shit's getting way too overproduced. It was better when he would just go on an angry rant while showing why the game sucked. The whole shitty subplot with Jason chasing him around the apartment and making him play the game was a boring waste of time. His rants were still fücking hilarious though.

nincompoop said:
The whole shitty subplot with Jason chasing him around the apartment and making him play the game was a boring waste of time.

Hehe, I liked that; but maybe just a bit too long.

YOU'RE DEAD. LIVE WITH IT. GAME OVER

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
I liked the Friday The 13th game. It was challenging and fun to get all the counselors, weapons and getting to find the torch by lighting up all the fireplaces....good times.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
nincompoop said:
Man, this shit's getting way too overproduced. It was better when he would just go on an angry rant while showing why the game sucked. The whole shitty subplot with Jason chasing him around the apartment and making him play the game was a boring waste of time. His rants were still fücking hilarious though.

I actually liked how that subplot kept his ranting down a bit so he could actually point out the shittyness of the game.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
eXistor said:
Great as always :lol Loved the Friday the 13th one.

Also have you guys seen the Awesome Video Games skits on screwattack.com? Those are effing hilarious, it's like Bill & Ted for the Nintendo crowd.

http://www.screwattack.com/AVGMain.html
The episode where they first get mario is just sad ]:
You're just want to help them so badly.. the duck hunt one too..

LM4sure

Banned
I thought it was pretty damn funny. Seems like a huge dork though. Maybe all those posters he had up were just for the show. I hope he doesn't have those up all the time.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
LM4sure said:
I thought it was pretty damn funny. Seems like a huge dork though. Maybe all those posters he had up were just for the show. I hope he doesn't have those up all the time.

I am more concerend about his choice of "beer."

Mason

..pakbeka.. said:
Furious Famicon Faggot

:lol famicon faggot is where it's at

:lol

I found the Angry Nintendo Nerd funny because of some of the valid points he brought up about specific games. But his personality, constant swearing, and overt drinking like it makes him cool just annoy the shit out of me. This parody is pretty spot on.

LM4sure said:
haha actually I don't think it's for show, look at all the stuff he saves as favorites and his quote"November 19th, Wii will rock you, Shigeru Miyamoto is God" :lol

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
4 Months according to the profile, I guess the lurking stage is over. Also, is the ANN himself eventually going to pop up around here as well?

Stuttering Craig

I registered a long while ago to neogaf but it took FOREVER to get accepted. Then I just forgot about being a member. The Nerd could be lurking around here a bit too.

Jacobi

Banned
Stuttering Craig said:
http://www.screwattack.com/Flash HTML/ANN/ElmStreet/ElmStreet.html

If you havent seen another one of our vids making it arond the web right now, you might dig this one about how some of the PS3 preorder folks are retarded...

http://www.screwattack.com/Flash HTML/Random/PS3PreorderLine.html

Enjoy
Ah good to see someone from screwattack. I just wanted to tell you your streaming player really sucks, it streams DAMN slow and my connection isn't to blame, please fix this...

Mason

Stuttering Craig said:
I registered a long while ago to neogaf but it took FOREVER to get accepted. Then I just forgot about being a member. The Nerd could be lurking around here a bit too.

Tell him he "sucks ass" and "isn't ****ing funny."

Stuttering Craig

Jacobi said:
Ah good to see someone from screwattack. I just wanted to tell you your streaming player really sucks, it streams DAMN slow and my connection isn't to blame, please fix this...

Its really been a mystery to us as to why its so slow. Whenever we connect to view our videos it works at a pretty good speed. Same when we connect from others offices. We'll continue to take a look at it though. thanks brotha.

thefro

The Elm Street review was pretty epic... didn't drag nearly as much as the Friday the 13th one and a lot more funny parts than that one.

Definitely liked when he one-upped the parody of himself too.

Top Bottom