• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

After watching that Sega Kid crap, I have a newfound appreciation for ANN. It appears there is a science to ranting like a lunatic about a game, and that science is: rant about valid problems with the game.

Luken

I loved all the videos ANN makes, those videos are very funny. :lol :lol :lol

AngryNintendoNerd.jpg

I feel sorry for the Angry Nintendo Nerd, because now he will be even more angry with the Nintendo Wii, he will be furious.

The power gloves video was the first, so it won’t take long before he makes a video about the Wii controller.

I can’t wait to see the videos he will make describing how bad Zelda: Twilight Princess and Red Steel are.

Red Steel and Zelda videos: http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/

Red Steel doesn’t look good for a next-gen game. The only things in the scenarios that can be destroyed are the glass. The enemies A.I. seems to be very dumb.

I was going to buy a Wii but the graphics in this console are worse than the X-Box.

MMaRsu

Banned
Luken said:
I loved all the videos ANN makes, those videos are very funny. :lol :lol :lol

AngryNintendoNerd.jpg

I feel sorry for the Angry Nintendo Nerd, because now he will be even more angry with the Nintendo Wii, he will be furious.

The power gloves video was the first, so it won’t take long before he makes a video about the Wii controller.

I can’t wait to see the videos he will make describing how bad Zelda: Twilight Princess and Red Steel are.

Red Steel and Zelda videos: http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/

Red Steel doesn’t look good for a next-gen game. The only things in the scenarios that can be destroyed are the glass. The enemies A.I. seems to be very dumb.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Your Nintendo trolls are so out of line dude :lol . I'm playing Red Steel right now and in alot of places it sure looks better than most Xbox games. The AI is pretty good too. Zelda is just goty of 2006.

I was going to buy a Wii but the graphics in this console are worse than the X-Box.

:lol sure guv

Bog

Junior Ace
AniHawk said:
The Naked Gun thing is retarded and not even remotely funny since it makes him look like he didn't get the joke at all.

More like you don't get the joke.

Link1110

New episode up at www.screwattack.com

Rocky for Sega Master System (He finally changed the video opening to reflect the "Angry Video Game Nerd" name change that screwattack.com has had for him ob their frontpage for some time.)

I didn't really care for that one, shouldn't he be reviewing games that were horrible then as they are today? He even says it was ok for the time.

Brashnir

Synbios459 said:
I didn't really care for that one, shouldn't he be reviewing games that were horrible then as they are today? He even says it was ok for the time.

One of my friends had the game, and we played it a lot. It was exactly as terrible as he describes. We actually managed to beat Clubber Lang a couple times as I recall, after hundreds of attempts. Never did manage to beat Drago though.

Rocky didnt seem that bad, but I guess it was good to do seeing how Rocky Balboa is out next week and its gonna be all kinds of awsome.

I still don't understand why they couldn't just call it Rocky VI. I mean either just use numbers or cliche words but just make up your ****in mind!

ANN rocks. He has inspired me to make my own youtube videos. I have that nifty little iSight, I wonder whether that'll work. QT mov on youtube.

Does he post on GAF?

Alex

FoxSpirit

One positive thing: he doesn't take a sip out of a beer each time he gets angry. Seems that also cut down on needlessly rough ranting. I like your ranting even when you are sober, ANN :D

bachikarn said:
Haha, wtf he is the Angry Video Game nerd now? Guess he was running out of crappy NES games.

there are a lot more crap NES games out there, the only reason it seems like he changed the name is because of Rocky

Link1110

Alex said:
This Shinobi review from this other guy is really boring, there's no way I'm watching for fourteen minutes.

It starts out that way. It goes from "It's OK but not so bad" to complete curse filled ranting hilarity by the end. Skip to about 10:00 if you want just the best part.

jjasper

There was an AP article the other day (monday maybe) that talked about how the NES was still pretty popular and this guy was in the article so now he is famous.

kazuo

Linkzg said:
there are a lot more crap NES games out there, the only reason it seems like he changed the name is because of Rocky

He changed the name to avoid possible lawsuits from Nintendo (from the eventual merchadising and sponsoring he and his team hope to land).

Also, because he didn't want to limit himself to Nintendo games.

Tim-E

I like that he's doing different things from time to time. And I have to agree with him, TMNT3 is god awful.

Top Bottom