• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing focused Nintendo Direct 10/5 20:00

mollipen

Though I know we'll never get it, I wish Animal Crossing could be more of an engine for other things, versus a stand-alone game. For example, back in the GC version, we could have an NES and all of those games. I just popped in my DS Animal Crossing again for a few minutes, and I have this little game room in my house with a mahjong set and a ping pong table. I want to be able to actually play mahjong and ping pong, and not just have those items as decorations. I want Cooking Mama-esque mini games attached to kitchen items I put in my house. If I have a guitar, I want something like Jam Session on the DS where I could actually play a real guitar, and create songs in-game.

It's kind of my argument with any of these "life simulator" games, and I have the same argument with PS Home and their decoration props that do nothing. I know this'll never happen because (a) you can sell those aspects as separate other games, and (b) you'd need version of Animal Crossing that Nintendo was going to build upon for years and years.

I just hate that my wants for games like these are way beyond what I'll ever get. Not that I won't buy and love this Animal Crossing, I've just come to the depressing acceptance that I'll never really be satisfied with anything Nintendo gives me.

Am I seeing this right? You get to choose where you build your house?

That would be amazing.

Don't remember it saying that...what time in the video?

Also, can't believe I missed you could play with strangers in the Island Mini-games online.
Game of the Forever reconfirmed.

So Operation Nook was a success this weekend as I convinced my best pal she needs to undergo the Animal Crossing addiction with me whenever it comes to the States. I showed her that seven minute video and mentioned a couple of other things and then gave her my old 3DS (since I upgraded to the XL). I also told her I can't have a best friends list in game and her NOT be on it. :p

Hobby

Golden peaches!

ld6vQ.jpg

https://twitter.com/doubutsuno_mori/status/260546265417408512/photo/1

dem shaders

I hate Reggie, I hope the 3DS bombs this holiday season, that will teach him a lesson. FUCK PAPER MARIO THAT SHIT IS NOT A HOLIDAY GAME

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
dem shaders

I hate Reggie, I hope the 3DS bombs this holiday season, that will teach him a lesson. FUCK PAPER MARIO THAT SHIT IS NOT A HOLIDAY GAME

Mario & Luigi: Bowser Inside Story did astounding in December 2009. Astounding.

But yeah, I'm starting actually desiring Animal Crossing as I'd never imagined and I'm so envy of Japan right now ;_;

Pharros

You can register a 3DS friend as a Best Friend and invite them to your village, chat with them even when they're not in your village, see when they come online.

Are you only able to have one 'best friend'?? I have two friends I always play Animal Crossing with so it would be sad to only be able to register one like this :(

Are you only able to have one 'best friend'?? I have two friends I always play Animal Crossing with so it would be sad to only be able to register one like this :(

No, I dunno if there's a limit, but it shows 3 other people in the screenshots on the site chatting. 4 (3+the player) is the multi-player limit, though, so it doesnt mean much.

dem shaders

The Paper Mario series is awesome and I'm glad I get it soon. I do wish we were getting this quicker though.

Also...you know Reggie probably has little say over release dates.

Top Bottom