• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing focused Nintendo Direct 10/5 20:00

Chopper

I am moving forward imagining a comprehensive system that allows you to see all the 3DS friends you want to see in-game and tells you whether or not they're online with a simple indicator. If they are, I should be able to hop into their town to say hello and steal some fruit.

If it's any more complicated than that, I will be sad.

So, who wants to be my best friend?

Hobby

Looks like someone beat me to it. I'll still go over the site and see if there's any other new stuff to translate.

Here's a screen of what happens when one of your friends shows up online. The message says "Anna has come online".

c1614.jpg

I want to be best friends with Hobby. :3
Game's NA release is too far away. :(

I really hope every villager from the past games in the series are in this one. There is really no reason to leave anyone out.

Is there a good villager database anywhere?

Hobby

Dream Salon (Dream Mansion)
- Can also register your village in the Dream Salon.
- Can be opened via communal work.

Club 444
- Saturday Nights are Totakeke (KK's) Live.
- Sunday through Friday night is DJ K.K.'s DJ Time.
- The owner of Club 44, Shisho, might teach you some reaction acting during the day before the club is open (art of acting centered on making people react. I don't know if there's an English equivalent term).
- Can be opened via communal work.

Station
- Travel to other villages and invite friends to your village from here.

Police Box
- Police can check whether someone is visiting your village or if any lost articles have come in.
- Can be opened through communal work.
- Picture on the site shows the policeman saying, "Rollan has asked for permission to visit and sell things today."

Docks
- Pretty much the same as previous Animal Crossings. Costs 1000 bells to go to the resort island.

Events:

Fishing Tournament (held January through May and October through December)
- Done once a month during the above time frames.
- Uomasa the beaver holds the tourney.
- Catch the biggest fish to win a prize.

Bug Catching Tournament (held June through September)
- Kameya-san, the lizard, runs the tourney.
- Can you catch a rare bug that'll even surprise Kameya?!

Full calendar of events here (will translate in a bit)
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/egdj/year/calendar.html

I'll look over the rest in a bit, but this might be everything.

StayDead

Full Calander:

11/17 - Fishing Tournament
11/22 - Harvest Festival

12/8 - Fishing Tournament
12/21 - Winter Solstice
12/24 - Christmas Eve
12/31 - Countdown (New Years)

1/1 New Years
1/19 - Fishing Tournament

2/3 - Last day of winter
2/9 - Fishing Tournament
2/11 - Carnival

3/3 - Doll Festival
3/16 - Fishing Tournament
3/31 - Easter

4/1 - April Fools
4/13 - Fishing Tournament

5/5 - Children's Day
5/18 - Fishing Tournament

6/15 - Bug Catching Tournament
6/21 Summer Solstice

7/7 - Tanabata
7/20 - Bug Catching Tournament

8/4-11-18-25 - Fireworks Meet/Tournament?
8/15 - Obon - Latern Festival
8/17 - Bug Catching Tournament

9/3 - Weed Day
9/19 - Moon Viewing Festival
9/21 - Bug Catching Tournament

10/12 - Fishing Tournament
10/31 - Halloween

11/16 - Fishing Tournament
11/28 - Harvest Festival

12/14 - Fishing Tournament
12/22 - Winter Solstice
12/24 - Christmas Eve
12/31 - Countdown (New Years)

Thought I'd get in with the translation first. :p

Hobby

Thanks! Finished the rest. Some of it's old, but most of it seems new to me.

Birthdays
- If you're invited to a villager's birthday party bring a present.
- If you become good friends with the villagers something might happen on your birthday, as well.

Island
- Become a member of "Club Kotobuki".
- Can play with friends or total strangers at the island.
- Island has its own shop that sells souvenirs.
- Rent a marine suit to play in the ocean.
- Catch rare fish and insects at the island.
- There are a bunch of minigames tours.
- Hammer fun tour: a machine runs around and the objective is to hit it with your hammers a set number of times in the allotted timeframe.
- Diving tour: split up with friends and go diving, gathering things from the ocean.
- Labyrinth tour: everyone works to grab the various things placed around the garden maze within the allotted timeframe.
- Other tours include flower picking competition, borrowed item competition (not sure what this would be).

Happy Home Exhibit
- Can see the profiles of, and talk to (I think just an NPC version of) the people you street passed with here in addition to the other stuff.

The M.O.B

Do we know if holidays/events will be more interactive?

I always hate ones like "SPORTS FAIR", you show up , people are shooting hoops and playing tug-o-war and all you can do is.........talk to people.........get a item and then go home.........hated that.

Judging from the calender it doesn't seem like they are doing anything new with holidays :/

Do we know if holidays/events will be more interactive?

I always hate ones like "SPORTS FAIR", you show up , people are shooting hoops and playing tug-o-war and all you can do is.........talk to people.........get a item and then go home.........hated that.

Judging from the calender it doesn't seem like they are doing anything new with holidays :/

After they eliminated NES games from the franchise I expected the DS version/Wii version to have more "games" that your character could participate in to replace the "action" aspect lost after the GCN version, but they haven't done that yet.

The biggest draw for me in this game is the museum. Any upgrades this go around? I hope the observatory is still upstairs. I also hope they added even more species of bugs and fish to catch. I don't really care about collecting the artwork or fossils, but more additions there as well would be nice too.

MarkusRJR

I haven't really been keeping track of this game all that much. Is it looking to be a good game or should I just play City Folk on my Wii U when I get it? I didn't own WW so I'm not sure how much I'd play a handheld Animal Crossing.

Something has been bothering me too... How can you be in debt to Tom Nook if you're the major?

I haven't really been keeping track of this game all that much. Is it looking to be a good game or should I just play City Folk on my Wii U when I get it? I didn't own WW so I'm not sure how much I'd play a handheld Animal Crossing.
The general feeling so far is that this looks to be the best Animal Crossing yet, by a wide margin. City Folk was good, but it didn't have as much new content as people were hoping for, this doesn't seem to be a problem at all this time.

And personally, I think portable Animal Crossing is a better way to go. It makes it much easier to keep up with your town.

I would guess that they would. They wouldn't be too hard to localise and Children's Day for example is celebrated in loads of places.
They left in the Japanese holidays before, I don't think they'll stop this time.

Hopefully they'll realize that players will not be cool with missing out on items/events.

YOU CAN ALSO DIG UP MINERALS!

E... Everyone! Here's some new! An emerald was just dug up in town!! There's even indisputable photographic evidence! It seems like there are minerals in addition to fossils sleeping under our feet... There're all kinds of secrets in town!
H1Da8.jpg

JazzmanZ

the only thing that will make this the greatest animal crossing is if they remove or make a easier way to get rid of grass decay

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Alright, Nintendo.

I need this. Now.

the only thing that will make this the greatest animal crossing is if they remove or make a easier way to get rid of grass decay

I suggested a lawnmower for City Folk. Gets rid of weeds quicker, at the cost that it's quite fast so you could accidentally sever the heads of your precious hybrid flowers.

JazzmanZ

I suggested a lawnmower for City Folk. Gets rid of weeds quicker, at the cost that it's quite fast so you could accidentally sever the heads of your precious hybrid flowers.

not weeds, grass.

In city folk if you ran long enough on grass it would start to decay and you'd end up with a ugly desert thing/

Celegus

not weeds, grass.

In city folk if you ran long enough on grass it would start to decay and you'd end up with a ugly desert thing/

Ugghhhh I forgot about that! That "feature" isn't coming back, is it? Half of my town was covered in flowers so I knew where not to run, it got pretty crazy.

SmithnCo

The Streetpass stuff in this sounds seriously awesome. Best use of Streetpass I've seen so far. Hopefully a lot of people pick it up so I can look at their houses.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Was there any information on how multiple players are being handled? All can be mayor in the same town or something?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Only one player can be mayor, not sure if it's said about how many houses or not yet.

So I need to battle it out with my gf who gets to be the mayor? That... sucks a bit.

Every morning when I wake up I wonder why this game isn't out yet; the wait is sooo painful.

A few ?s: do we know yet if you can swim around your town? Meaning not just at the 'vacation' beach. And also, do we know if there's a 'no shoes' / barefoot option for the character's shoes? I would like that.

Top Bottom